3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,764

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,601. Posted:

Mr_iwantwiipoints wrote:

Any RPG's Like Dragon Quest IX? That open world, Turn-based gameplay, Freedom, AGH! I don't know, it just spoke to me in ways ten thousand time more so than other JRPG;s. That and Metroidvania games beside Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirrors of Fate and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

The best Metroidvania clone i've seen is Steamworld Dig! It's really a great game too! Best eshop game imo!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,602. Posted:

Bravely Default is what you need.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Revanmann

1,603. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Mr_iwantwiipoints wrote:

Any RPG's Like Dragon Quest IX? That open world, Turn-based gameplay, Freedom, AGH! I don't know, it just spoke to me in ways ten thousand time more so than other JRPG;s. That and Metroidvania games beside Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirrors of Fate and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

The best Metroidvania clone i've seen is Steamworld Dig! It's really a great game too! Best eshop game imo!

I definitely want to check that out, my friend told me about it yesterday and also that is on sale at the moment.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bravely Default is what you need.

Oh, I will most certainly will be getting that, But I need to get the game for which I bought the 3DS in the first place: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds!

Currently Playing:
Super Mario 3D Land-3DS
Poke'mon Y-3DS
Call of Duty: Ghosts-PS3
Minecraft-Pc-PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots-PS3
Most favorite video game of all time: Super Metroid
Favorite Quote- "There are brave men at our door,...Let's go kill them!" Tyrion Lannister

AuthorMessage

Revanmann

1,604. Posted:

Oh, I didn't even think about asking. Does Bravely Default have the (in my opinion) silly random attack from out of nowhere that Final Fantasy used to have, or is it like Dragon Quest IX where you can see the enemies and move around them or chase them?

Edited on by WaLzgi

Currently Playing:
Super Mario 3D Land-3DS
Poke'mon Y-3DS
Minecraft-Pc-PS3
Favorite Quote- "There are brave men at our door,...Let's go kill them!" Tyrion Lannister

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,605. Posted:

Mr_iwantwiipoints wrote:

Oh, I didn't even think about asking. Does Bravely Default have the (in my opinion) silly random attack from out of nowhere that Final Fantasy used to have, or is it like Dragon Quest IX where you can see the enemies and move around them or chase them?

It has random encounters however you can increase or decrease the encounter rate in the options. It's a blessing. Also you know you can hop on the eshop right now and dl a demo of it right?

Edited on by WaLzgi

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Revanmann

1,606. Posted:

Yeah, I have the demo, I need to play it, I heard it is around 12 hours or so long! But I've been obsessed with Poke'mon Y, the only other Poke'mon game I ever had was Sapphire and I never cared too much for it and this game is just Heaven!

Currently Playing:
Super Mario 3D Land-3DS
Poke'mon Y-3DS
Minecraft-Pc-PS3

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

1,607. Posted:

Don't know if anyone saw this in the 3ds e-shop but there are several games on sale in the ''Price Drop'' section worth looking into:

Doodle Jump Adventures - $4.99
Disney's Frozen - $19.99
Lola's Math Train - $1.99
Crazy Kangaroo - $1.99

I couldn't resist on doodle jump & frozen the other two I already had. ;)

I can truly say all four are great games. :) If anyone want's to try Doodle Jump remember its on sale for $4.99 I paid this past Nov $30 for the cartridge. I bought download version for my own reason's I'm not getting into but I higly recommend those that by passed the game before because it was $30 a few month's ago should really look into spending $5 dollars on it now in the 3ds e-shop. The game is worth every cent in my opinion if not more. :) I can defently say it will keep your busy for quite a few hours at a time. :D

Frozen is pretty good too. :) Love the graphic's! Was not expecting this game to be as good as it is another reason I waited on this game for a while in the 3ds e-shop. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Andyv01

1,608. Posted:

talking of price drops... Rhythm Thief is going for "a steal" (loads both barrels) at Argos UK... £4.99 ! theres even a cartridge in the box!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

樹懶です!

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

1,609. Posted:

Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I'm looking for a good 3DS RPG, but I can't decide which game to get. I'm thinking of waiting on Bravely Default because the others are on sale in the eshop, but that still leaves two games to choose from.

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

Taco_Human

1,610. Posted:

I vote for Etrian Odyssey 4. It's grindy, but I like it so far. Bravely Default is more like Final Fantasy, EO4 is a dungeon crawler. I have no idea about Shin Megami, but I hear good things about it.

derp

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,611. Posted:

Storytime7 wrote:

Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I'm looking for a good 3DS RPG, but I can't decide which game to get. I'm thinking of waiting on Bravely Default because the others are on sale in the eshop, but that still leaves two games to choose from.

I haven't played Bravely Default but my vote would be for Etrian Odyssey 4 if you like first person dungeon crawlers. It still has an overworld you traverse with your airship to get to different labyrinths which is a nice touch. I'm finding SMT IV much more difficult (and quite creepy imo) but it has a third-person perspective and the demon recruiting/fusion aspect which is very interesting. Both are good choices but EO4 gets my vote, the environments are beautiful too, for what it's worth

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Storytime7

1,612. Posted:

I think I'll go with EO4 for now, and get the others some other time. Thanks for the help!

Storytime7

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

1,613. Posted:

I'm still waiting for:

Life with horses 3DS
My Baby Pet Hotel 3DS

to go in the price drop section when they do then I'll download them but really hesistant more so of my baby pet hotel - 3ds so defently waiting on price drop for both games. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

thethumb25

1,614. Posted:

Last week I got lucky and came across a great deal at a voucher code website http://voucherful.co.uk that redirected me to Zavvi shop website and I got Sonic Generations and Rayman 3D for as little as 25 quid :-) I'm new to the 3DS so still getting adjusted to everything that goes with it but I'm really enjoying these two and planning more swoops soon :) Got the deal here http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/nintendo-3ds/best-sellin...

thethumb25

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,615. Posted:

How big in blocks will layton vs Wrigth be?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,616. Posted:

Okay so I have all these but I can't decide what rpg to play next...SMT IV , Mario and luigi: dream team, etrian odyssey IV, etrian odyssey untold, fire emblem awakening (which I am leaning towards) or pokemon x? I have all these in my backlog and want to start chipping away at it some more. :). Thanks for the opinions. Also, yes I beat bravely default and I am starting a fresh play through on hard mode, but I am taking my time with it so I am not rushing it.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,617. Posted:

devinias wrote:

Okay so I have all these but I can't decide what rpg to play next...SMT IV , Mario and luigi: dream team, etrian odyssey IV, etrian odyssey untold, fire emblem awakening (which I am leaning towards) or pokemon x? I have all these in my backlog and want to start chipping away at it some more. :). Thanks for the opinions. Also, yes I beat bravely default and I am starting a fresh play through on hard mode, but I am taking my time with it so I am not rushing it.

My vote would have to go for the only game i finished of those and that's EOIV! Love all those choices though. SMTIV is a close 2nd.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,618. Posted:

@devinias If you already have all of those you are one lucky person! They're all great games. If you're considering Awakening then I say go for that, but EO IV is something special imo so give it the time it deserves when you get around to it

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

edmek55555

1,619. Posted:

we definately need fantasy life to be imported!

edmek55555

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,620. Posted:

edmek55555 wrote:

we definately need fantasy life to be imported!

Agreed!!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech