Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 2,669

BleachFan

WaveBoy wrote:

@BleachFan
I've played both SMB2(half of, back on the GCN) and SMB Banana Blitz, and suprisngly i enjoyed SMB Banana Blitz a lot more...Or maybe just a bit.

MASSIVE high-five goes out to you my friend. I think that game gets an unwarranted bad rap.

The main reason I got SMB at launch was because nothing else really interested me. Sure, there was SSFIV, but I was actually waiting for Dead or Alive instead (and as it turns out, it was totally worth it). I may look into the game on the consoles, like you suggested. Didn't know about the "soft visuals" stuff you mentioned. =/ Good to know if I ever get a PS3...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Tare

In Canada, RE Mercenaries is dropping down to 30$ until August 4rth.

Anyone here played it? What were your impressions?

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

LordChimpington

Tare wrote:

In Canada, RE Mercenaries is dropping down to 30$ until August 4rth.

Anyone here played it? What were your impressions?

It's good and with friends it's awesome. Also it's cool to play revelations demo. There is quite a bit of things to unlock so I would recomend it.

LordChimpington

Terave

I'm thinking of getting Pilotwings. Is it worth full price?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Matillion

BIT TRIP SAGA, anyone?

It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
http://backloggery.com/Matillion
3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

CanisWolfred

JDT wrote:

I'm thinking of getting Pilotwings. Is it worth full price?

It depends. There are over 40 missions, but you can get through them pretty quickly. If you're someone who just likes to beat a game and be done with it, you probably won't get much satisfaction out of this game. However, getting 3-Stars and perfects and greater-than-perfects will take a lot of time and require much replaying. If you're the sort of person who likes to complete a game, you'll find a fun and challenging game that'll last you quite a while.

And then there's the Free Flight Mode, which despite it's name is a time limited challenge. You can fly around collecting tokens, which you can use to unlock stuff. I haven't spent much time with it, but it looks like it could really be good for extending playtime. Pretty fun, too, though I prefer the Mission mode.

Personally, I'm really enjoying Pilotwings Resort, though I'll admit it's probably best in short bursts, which is how I prefer my games. I also think it'll last me all the way until September when more games come out.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Terave

@Mickeymac Well, thanks. I'm still thinking though. Maybe I get it... I don't have enough money for it..

Matillion

K, I'll wait for Saga to drop price, then I might get it.
After all, I've only played the Beat demo .

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

rolLTheDice

@WaveBoy: If you only want to get through the main game once (as in you don't care to control it with the Circle Pad and per tilting) i'd say about three hours. Even if i liked the game and the minigames more i couldn't see myself spending more than ten hours on this game.
And the 3D seemed strange to me. I didn't really spend much time on the game though and always have the 3D set to full.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

rolLTheDice

It seemed like a bit too much 3D, confusing and hard to look at at some times. Though i'm not complaining since i never really tried to turn the 3D slider down a bit.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

Retro_on_theGo

How's Nintendogs+Cats? I played a demo of the game at Target a while ago and really liked it, but I'm saving my money for StarFox 64 3D. I didn't play the original StarFox 64 so It's all new to me. Therefor warranting a purchase.
Back to my question though. What's there to do in the game? In the Target demo it only let me feed the dog, play fetch, and give it a bath. Is there more than that? Is it worth the asking price? I really want Star Fox so should I wait till after it or get it now to hold me over for StarFox?
I think sadly enough I just really want the game to make up for the fact I've never had a dog, but want one so bad.

Terave

Alright: Shadow Wars or Pilotwings?

Odnetnin

Matillion wrote:

K, I'll wait for Saga to drop price, then I might get it.
After all, I've only played the Beat demo .

Yeah get it when it's at a price you're comfortable with, definitely--I had $30 Amazon credit and a Prime free trial so I decided to pre-order it. If it helps the games are pretty much infinitely replayable and giga-challenging to boot.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Matillion

I changed my mind, I'm getting the Wii version for extra content.

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Magi

Terave wrote:

disclaimer: I have never played Pilotwings (cept for the mini Wii-version)

I've been thoroughly impressed with Shadow Wars. I'm nearly 17 hours into the game and have just attained the rank of 1st Lieutenant. I'm not sure what that means exactly other than it's allowed me to put a decent amount of time in it. I have only played the single player campaign and haven't even touched the individual "skirmish" missions so I'll have a lot more to do when I actually complete the campaign. I know each campaign mission allows you to beat it on one of three levels so if you're looking for perfection, you could easily invest even more time into this game trying to attain the highest ranking.

This is a turn-based strategy game similiar to Shining Force and Advance Wars. The significant difference is that characters don't "level-up" per se. At the end of each mission, you acquire a number of "stars" based on which goals you've completed successfully and which difficulty you played. You can assign up to 2 of these to each of the 6 characters that participated in the mission. Assigning a star allows you to "purchase" the next upgrade in an ordered list, wether it be additional life points, a better armor, a stronger weapon, grenades, better medic powers, etc.

There are also 6 characters/archetypes in this game that mirror most rpg archetypes:
Leader/Commando, Heavy Weapons, Sniper, Stealth/Scout, Medic, and Engineer. Each have their own special skills and weapons that can be upgraded using the aforementioned stars.

If you have any specific questions about the game, I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Magi

HandheldGuru97

Terave wrote:

Both games are fantastic. If you want a really long game you can sink your teeth into get Shadow Wars. If you want something with awesome graphics and good 3D get Pilotwings. Personally I got over 30 hours on both that and that about how long Pilotwings could last, a friend of mine has played Shadow Wars for at least 50 hours.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Matillion

With all the amazing games coming up (Xenoblade, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Party 9, Kirby's Adventure Wii, Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword) is it worth getting Dead or Alive Dimension while waiting? I've been wanting that game. I know that Xenoblade comes out in two days, but still. The game was banned in my country and I found a way to get it, so it's rare. And limited. But is it worth it? You know, I'm not rich and stuff.

3DS FC - 1719 3275 2374

Retro_on_theGo

Matillion wrote:

With all the amazing games coming up (Xenoblade, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Party 9, Kirby's Adventure Wii, Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword) is it worth getting Dead or Alive Dimension while waiting? I've been wanting that game. I know that Xenoblade comes out in two days, but still. The game was banned in my country and I found a way to get it, so it's rare. And limited. But is it worth it? You know, I'm not rich and stuff.

I've heard very good things about it. If you're a big fighter fan it will probably satisfy you. I haven't played it myself so I'm not one to recommend it, but it really comes down to which you're looking forward to more. DOA:D or Xenoblade? It was banned because of sexual themes so if that kind of stuff offends you the game isn't for you. I hear the 3D effect really works well since the game is set in 3D world kind of field. So nothing like SSFlV. Hope that helps. I personally am a big fighter fan and have not bought it because I'm waiting for Tekken 3D.

Sasquatch

can you create a separate friend list for another mii character on the 3ds? cant figure it out thnx

3DS FC: 3780-9204-7813
PSN: Eyeballshot

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic