Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,624

Andyv01

talking of price drops... Rhythm Thief is going for "a steal" (loads both barrels) at Argos UK... £4.99 ! theres even a cartridge in the box!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Storytime7

Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I'm looking for a good 3DS RPG, but I can't decide which game to get. I'm thinking of waiting on Bravely Default because the others are on sale in the eshop, but that still leaves two games to choose from.

Smash 4 mains: Diddy Kong, Peach, Sheik
Splatoon rank: S
My Captain Toad Mario Maker Level

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Taco_Human

I vote for Etrian Odyssey 4. It's grindy, but I like it so far. Bravely Default is more like Final Fantasy, EO4 is a dungeon crawler. I have no idea about Shin Megami, but I hear good things about it.

derp

Tops

Storytime7 wrote:

Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I'm looking for a good 3DS RPG, but I can't decide which game to get. I'm thinking of waiting on Bravely Default because the others are on sale in the eshop, but that still leaves two games to choose from.

I haven't played Bravely Default but my vote would be for Etrian Odyssey 4 if you like first person dungeon crawlers. It still has an overworld you traverse with your airship to get to different labyrinths which is a nice touch. I'm finding SMT IV much more difficult (and quite creepy imo) but it has a third-person perspective and the demon recruiting/fusion aspect which is very interesting. Both are good choices but EO4 gets my vote, the environments are beautiful too, for what it's worth

Tops

tobibra

How big in blocks will layton vs Wrigth be?

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

devinias

Okay so I have all these but I can't decide what rpg to play next...SMT IV , Mario and luigi: dream team, etrian odyssey IV, etrian odyssey untold, fire emblem awakening (which I am leaning towards) or pokemon x? I have all these in my backlog and want to start chipping away at it some more. . Thanks for the opinions. Also, yes I beat bravely default and I am starting a fresh play through on hard mode, but I am taking my time with it so I am not rushing it.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

devinias wrote:

Okay so I have all these but I can't decide what rpg to play next...SMT IV , Mario and luigi: dream team, etrian odyssey IV, etrian odyssey untold, fire emblem awakening (which I am leaning towards) or pokemon x? I have all these in my backlog and want to start chipping away at it some more. . Thanks for the opinions. Also, yes I beat bravely default and I am starting a fresh play through on hard mode, but I am taking my time with it so I am not rushing it.

My vote would have to go for the only game i finished of those and that's EOIV! Love all those choices though. SMTIV is a close 2nd.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tops

@devinias If you already have all of those you are one lucky person! They're all great games. If you're considering Awakening then I say go for that, but EO IV is something special imo so give it the time it deserves when you get around to it

Tops

edmek55555

we definately need fantasy life to be imported!

edmek55555

Spoony_Tech

edmek55555 wrote:

we definately need fantasy life to be imported!

Agreed!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

tobibra

Why will Conception II children of the seven stars be eshop only?

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Spoony_Tech

Tobias95 wrote:

Why will Conception II children of the seven stars be eshop only?

Because Atlus is doing this one and if all goes well maybe they will release more games quicker and in physical form! I think they're playing it save!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Barbiegurl777 I just seen the press release and the manufacturer retail price on Mario Golf is 29.99. Don't know how long you will have to wait for a sale on that!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

devinias

Okay so GS has a buy two get one free sale right now...anything cheap I should grab either ds or 3ds?

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Andyv01

Am looking at RPG's or strategys but hoping for optional Japanese language options as in Fire Emblem and Bravely Default:

Do any of these have this option? (EU version please)

Etrian Odyssey 4, Shin Megami Devil S Overclocked, Soul Hackers... also, did the US version of Shin Meg 4 have options?

Ta muchly

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

dAvecaster

I picked up my first 3ds game the other day. Pilotwings. I am enjoying it, very relaxing. I think it's worth recommending.

dAvecaster

Tops

dAvecaster wrote:

I picked up my first 3ds game the other day. Pilotwings. I am enjoying it, very relaxing. I think it's worth recommending.

That's funny, I was just thinking about getting it
Maybe this is a sign...

Tops

Lovomotif

Kid Icarus The Uprising. So many weapons! Having so much fun customising and weaving through the skies

Lovomotif

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic