3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,726

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

1,581. Posted:

I know this is the recommendations thread but is anyone excited to pick up Yoshi's New Island? How has your opinion of it changed over time?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,582. Posted:

MuchoMochi wrote:

I know this is the recommendations thread but is anyone excited to pick up Yoshi's New Island? How has your opinion of it changed over time?

Meh, to be honest I'm going to pass on it. I have Yoshi's Island DS and didn't find it to be all that interesting, but if you're looking forward to it I hope you enjoy it :)

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,583. Posted:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Meh, to be honest I'm going to pass on it. I have Yoshi's Island DS and didn't find it to be all that interesting, but if you're looking forward to it I hope you enjoy it :)

Haha, he's judging a series by the half-baked sequel no one liked...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,584. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

LOL I was wondering why people were so hyped about the new game! At least I'm not the only one who disliked it, though now I'm enlightened

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,585. Posted:

Can anyone recommend the 3D version of Donkey Kong Country Returns over the Wii version? I've never played Returns, but after playing and enjoying Tropical Freeze It caught my interest. I'm not sure whether the Wii version or 3DS version would be the way to go. I like what I've heard about the constant framerate of the Wii version as well as the slightly better visuals, but I'm worried about the "waggle" aspects. The 3DS version has more content and an optional easier difficulty as well as having 3D, but I can't decide which would be a better buy.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,586. Posted:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Can anyone recommend the 3D version of Donkey Kong Country Returns over the Wii version? I've never played Returns, but after playing and enjoying Tropical Freeze It caught my interest. I'm not sure whether the Wii version or 3DS version would be the way to go. I like what I've heard about the constant framerate of the Wii version as well as the slightly better visuals, but I'm worried about the "waggle" aspects. The 3DS version has more content and an optional easier difficulty as well as having 3D, but I can't decide which would be a better buy.

If you have someone to play with it can be a lot of fun so go with the Wii version! If not i beat it on the 3ds but for some reason never did on the Wii. You really can't go wrong with either version. Go with which ever is cheaper but i do like the 3d one slightly more if only to be able to play it anywhere!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,587. Posted:

I meant to ask that same question, but then I found out that the 3D version has an easy mode. That pretty much sold it for me.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MegaStoneSmash91

1,588. Posted:

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'll get the 3DS version somewhere along the line then. If I want constant framerate, great visuals, and local multiplayer I'll just pop in Tropical Freeze. Getting the 3DS version would mean I'd have it anywhere, and the extra content is nice too. Seems like a good idea since I can't take TF or the Wii version of Returns with me.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

1,589. Posted:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

LOL I was wondering why people were so hyped about the new game! At least I'm not the only one who disliked it, though now I'm enlightened

I didn't hate the DS sequel but the fact that the guy who worked on the original game Takashi Tezuka is affiliated with the project makes me think it may be a more worthwhile game than the DS one.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,590. Posted:

So, I want to cash in on the Club Nintendo Pokemon thing. I already have a 3DS XL I have yet to register. The only games I don't own out of the choices are:

Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins
Yoshi's New Island
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (I own the Wii version)

I am interested in the Lego City series but I am not sure if I want to jump in with the 3DS version.

I didn't enjoy the Yoshi's New Island demo I played at E3 as much as I wanted so I am not sure if I want to throw $40 on it but I bet the gameplay is better than the little bit that I got to play while my feet were super tied from standing/walking all day.

I own Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii but haven't really played it. If I had it on 3DS it would be easier to finish. Not sure if it is worth spending the extra money for the 3DS version if I already own the Wii version.

As you can see I have no idea what to do, but I want a free copy of Pokemon Y (that way I have both versions just like all the other Pokemon games lol) so basically I see 1 of these games as my free game instead. So I am leaving it up to the people of the internets to decide. Please let me know which one you think I should get

Edited on by DefHalan

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Oragami

1,591. Posted:

Best RPG's? (Turn-based, action, tactical, any RPG's.) I only have Fire Emblem Awakening, Crimson Shroud, and The Denpa Men. I am thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, SHin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Shen Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Rune Factory 4, and Bravely Default. Any others I should get or look out for?

I miss the Chrono series, and I wish Final Fantasy was back with Nintendo...
Yeah, guitars are cool.

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

1,592. Posted:

How long will it take to download Senran Kagura Burst?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

CroRock

1,593. Posted:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate is one hell of a game. Great 2D action platformer with beautiful and detailed graphics. Don't believe bad reviews and don't miss 50% discount

3ds FC: 2294 - 4578 - 7970

AuthorMessage

TheConsonant

1,594. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

How long will it take to download Senran Kagura Burst?

Depends on your internet speed but the game's a decent size so expect a fairly long wait.

TheConsonant

Twitter: Divine_King_K

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,595. Posted:

Oragami wrote:

Best RPG's? (Turn-based, action, tactical, any RPG's.) I only have Fire Emblem Awakening, Crimson Shroud, and The Denpa Men. I am thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, SHin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Shen Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Rune Factory 4, and Bravely Default. Any others I should get or look out for?

Project X Zone. It's cheap on the eshop too, if I recall correctly.

Also, Tales of the Abyss. The 3D sucks, but it's supposed to be a pretty solid RPG. It's a port of a PS2 game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

1,596. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I didn't enjoy the Yoshi's New Island demo I played at E3 as much as I wanted so I am not sure if I want to throw $40 on it but I bet the gameplay is better than the little bit that I got to play while my feet were super tied from standing/walking all day.

You went to E3 2013?!?!? Your a VERY lucky person. I wonder if you saw Reggie, Miyamoto, or Iwata....
On a more serious note, I recommend DKCR3D if you want it on the go. Good game. I personally put in 25 hours around the E3 2013 hype, and it was fun. If you care about FPS, like me, then you want to stick to the 3DS version. (Wii-60FPS, 3DS-30FPS).
I can't talk about Yoshi's New Island because I never was a fan of Yoshi in general.
I heard that Lego CU is sort of like a lego-GTA. That was the Wii U version, though. I know for a fact that Lego CU 3DS has 30-60 seconds loading screens, so that's a bummer.

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Newcomer Hopes:
1. Shulk
2. Slime
3. Takamaru

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

Big_Boy_Chubs

1,597. Posted:

@DefHalan PLEASE DO NOT GET LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER IT'S HORRIBLE IT'S SO REPETITIVE AND WORTHLESS. if anyting, get the yoshi one.

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,598. Posted:

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

@DefHalan PLEASE DO NOT GET LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER IT'S HORRIBLE IT'S SO REPETITIVE AND WORTHLESS. if anyting, get the yoshi one.

I think I am going to go with Donkey Kong. See I am going to trade in DKCR for $12, then use a $10 off coupon, SO basically I am getting DKCR3D and Pokemon Y for $15. I know I will like DKCR3D but unsure of the other two, plus it will be easier to play than the Wii version. I think that is going to be the best way to do this lol

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

1,599. Posted:

Should I get Life With Horses - 3DS or Yoshi's New Island - 3DS? I'm probably going to get both at some point but debating which to get first... & I keep hearing Yoshi's New island - 3DS is very close to the SNES version in gameplay etc which I'm not thrilled about. The SNES version nearly completely turned me off the yoshi island games for quite some time until I tried the DS version a few years ago.

Thank you in advance! ;)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Revanmann

1,600. Posted:

Any RPG's Like Dragon Quest IX? That open world, Turn-based gameplay, Freedom, AGH! I don't know, it just spoke to me in ways ten thousand time more so than other JRPG;s. That and Metroidvania games beside Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirrors of Fate and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Currently Playing:
Super Mario 3D Land-3DS
Poke'mon Y-3DS
Call of Duty: Ghosts-PS3
Minecraft-Pc-PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots-PS3
Most favorite video game of all time: Super Metroid
Favorite Quote- "There are brave men at our door,...Let's go kill them!" Tyrion Lannister