Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,670

Spoony_Tech

Reverandjames wrote:

Tough one guys: Bravely Default or Fire Emblem? I'm a big fan of RPG's and I want something to really get my teeth into since spending 100 hours on Persona 4 Golden. Just finished LBW recently, and can't really be bothered finishing Kid Icarus or Luigi's Mansion. On my second playthrough of Pokemon X, but want something new. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thaks in advance!

Both those game are great choices. I'll add what I always add Etrian Odyssey IV. It was my personal 2nd best game of last year with SMT IV being my favorite and I played all the 3ds heavy hitters last year. Read some of my comments above as rpgs are my favorite genre.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Guovssohas

Lego City is a good game(especially) if u're a completionist and likes to explore and find stuff, i liked it. Should last pretty long if u're going 100%, probably at least 25hours(if u don't use the scanner much). For me it took 34hours.

It does have some flaws, choppy framerate in some places and the draw distance could be better.

If u played the WiiU version then don't get it.

Edited on by Guovssohas

Guovssohas

Linkus

Is kid icarus uprising worth buying? I'm a little worried about the voice acting... Otherwise it seems pretty good.

Linkus

Spoony_Tech

Linkus wrote:

Is kid icarus uprising worth buying? I'm a little worried about the voice acting... Otherwise it seems pretty good.

Imo and many others it's still the best 3ds game out there. The voice acting also imo is the best Nintendo has ever done. Some of the dialog can be corny at time but there is talking and chatter throughout your playing experience. I personally loved the story even though some though it just got really weird half way through and beyond. It does jump all over a bit.

So bottom line, yes, get it now and experience nothing else like it on the 3ds!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sleepy_Icarus

Linkus wrote:

Hehe, the voice acting isn't bad at all. I personally loved the interactions between the characters, and the voices they chose were spot on for the characters. But I guess sometimes, you'd want them to shut up, but it isn't that big of a problem. My biggest gripe with the game just has to be the story. It's good until it you hit a certain point, but as Spoony_Tech said, it just goes all over the place. Otherwise, it's still one of the best 3DS games and definitely worth the purchase.

Sleepy_Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9220-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: StarrKnight

Linkus

Sleepy_Icarus wrote:

Linkus wrote:

Hehe, the voice acting isn't bad at all. I personally loved the interactions between the characters, and the voices they chose were spot on for the characters. But I guess sometimes, you'd want them to shut up, but it isn't that big of a problem. My biggest gripe with the game just has to be the story. It's good until it you hit a certain point, but as Spoony_Tech said, it just goes all over the place. Otherwise, it's still one of the best 3DS games and definitely worth the purchase.

I decided to take your advice and bought the game and I find it amazing so far! Many thanks for helping me find the best game I've played on the 3ds in a long time!!!

Linkus

Linkus

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Linkus wrote:

Imo and many others it's still the best 3ds game out there. The voice acting also imo is the best Nintendo has ever done. Some of the dialog can be corny at time but there is talking and chatter throughout your playing experience. I personally loved the story even though some though it just got really weird half way through and beyond. It does jump all over a bit.

So bottom line, yes, get it now and experience nothing else like it on the 3ds!

Thanks to you too! Like I wrote earlier, amazing game, very glad I bought it!

Linkus

Chaoslink1

Hey everyone, I'm going on vacation for a week and I'm wondering wether I should buy Mario & Luigi Dream Team or Sonic Lost World for 3DS.
Which one should I get? It's hard to choose >.<

My favourite games: http://chaoslink1.deviantart.com/art/Top-10-Favourite-Video-Game-meme-Chaoslink1-309965952?q=boost%3Apopular%20%28%28my%20top%2010%29%20AND%20%28by%3Achaoslink1%29%29&qo=0
Retro games, Modern games, all AWESOME!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5737-7446-0788 | 3DS Friend Code: 4210-3973-4461 | Nintendo Network ID: Chaoslink1 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm going on vacation for a week and I'm wondering wether I should buy Mario & Luigi Dream Team or Sonic Lost World for 3DS.

Well Sonic didn't rate nearly as well as M&L so go with that. It will not only last your whole trip but beyond that. Good game especially if you enjoy the series more.

MERG said:

Tobiaku

Anny site where I can buy European 3DS games cheap?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

reborn

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Well Sonic didn't rate nearly as well as M&L so go with that. It will not only last your whole trip but beyond that. Good game especially if you enjoy the series more.

Although I agree with what @Spoony_Tech has said, I have to warn you about one thing: be prepared to cope with hours of tutorials in M&L 3DS and I'm not even joking :/ It has been strongly criticised precisely for this reason.

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

unrandomsam

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Depends who you trust. Famitsu gave Lost World - 34/40

I had very few problems with it once I started using the dpad instead of the circlepad.

I got Mario and Luigi dirt cheap and I still found it dull. (I did like Bowsers Inside Story so it cannot be said I don't like the series).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Dezzy

unrandomsam wrote:

I had very few problems with it once I started using the dpad instead of the circlepad.

Lol, surely no-one can trust Famitsu at this point. They have such an obvious bias towards certain types of games. For that matter, you shouldn't trust any individual reviewer. The metacritic score is the most reliable form of scoring, and even that is controversial. If you wanna go with scores at all, go with metacritic. At least that in effect averages out the huge variety of opinions. But you're probably just better off playing a demo, which IS available for Lost World.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Spoony_Tech

Dezzy wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Lol, surely no-one can trust Famitsu at this point. They have such an obvious bias towards certain types of games. For that matter, you shouldn't trust any individual reviewer. The metacritic score is the most reliable form of scoring, and even that is controversial. If you wanna go with scores at all, go with metacritic. At least that in effect averages out the huge variety of opinions. But you're probably just better off playing a demo, which IS available for Lost World.

I feel the same way about that publication. I still think KI:U is the best 3ds game but didn't they give it all 10's. Not say I disagree with that but I've seen some other questionable game score from them as well.

If anybody wanted to they could almost find At least one positive review for almost any game. Its why I use Metacritic as well.

MERG said:

unrandomsam

Dezzy wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

There is 4 people each time. They don't dislike games where a bit of effort has to be put in (Unlike almost everybody else).

metacrtic is useless you only have to look at the broad conclusions it comes to to see generally how corrupt the people doing most of the reviews are.

(Publisher of the Year / Average scores by publication etc).

They also as a group hate hard games so anything I am going to like will end up mixed up the really average stuff.

For things I was unsure of but bought anyway. If they gave it 8's or above I ended up liking it (Presuming it wasn't less overall than a previous entry).

It is biased against Western games but so am I so that doesn't really matter. And I get Western games on Steam anyway. (So I just get all of them when it is cheap and only bother with playing the ones I like). Probably still costs me as much but I just don't bother about it.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

PokeMario

I'm not much of a golf fan, will I enjoy Mario Golf World Tour?

PokeMario

Spoony_Tech

PokeMario wrote:

I'm not much of a golf fan, will I enjoy Mario Golf World Tour?

I think you just might like it. Try the demo first Though to see if you can get the hang of it. I've put at least 75 hours into mine.

MERG said:

Diskach

Chaoslink1 wrote:

Buy Mario & Luigi, because Sonic is one of the worst games I own on the 3DS, and I own a lot of them
Here is only my hard copy collection, also have many games form eShop :
Untitled

PSN ID: DiSkAcH
3DS FC: 4768-7805-4966

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7805-4966 | Nintendo Network ID: Diskach

SleepyCrossing

Need help choosing between these games for my second game in the Buy-One-Get-One-Free Best Buy promotion!

Mario Golf: World Tour - not a golf fan, but this looks fun. Though I won't get the DLC or season pass
Tomadachi Life - I'm more of an Animal Crossing fan and I don't use Miis often. Is it easy to get into?
Yoshi's New Island - heard it was quite easy and short, but charming nonetheless. Is it worth it?
Mario Party: Island Tour - I would only be using single player

Edited on by SleepyCrossing

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic