3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,796

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,541. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

I've got a week off work, which seems like a good opportunity to blitz through a good lengthy 3DS adventure. All of these look interesting to me, but I can't make a choice between them. So you choose for me!

Virtue's Last Reward
Fire Emblem Awakening
Bravely Default
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Entrian Odysset IV
Project X Zone

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW.

GAH
Why don't you ask me which leg I'd rather be shot in? It'd be an easier decision.

Aside from a bug or two, Virtue's Last Reward is a masterpiece. Although you'll get more out of it if you've already played 999. Either way, you'll not be left out of the loop The story is complex, dark, and something only a visual novel could tell adequately

If you HAVE played 999, then here's what to expect: a less 'tense' overall atmosphere, but greater narrative and thematic complexity. There is voice acting for almost all of the dialogue (if you're American, our version has an EXCELLENT English dub, in addition to the original Japanese audio), sprites have been replaced with 3D models, and instead of having to replay the game over and over, along with the same early puzzles, you get a kind of... flow chart for navigating the various narrative branches.

Of course, this is mostly a visual novel, and thus the only real gameplay in it is figuring out various locked room puzzles.

FE:A and EOIV are both superb RPGs. EOIV is extremely satisfying, but FE:A has the overall better presentation, with gorgeous cutscenes, beautiful music, and a ton of content.

But, if it only comes down to one, then VLR.

@CroRock
Glad to hear the vote of confidence for a game I'm still iffy about, but that's kind of apples and oranges, isn't it? How do you compare an RPG to a platformer?

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,542. Posted:

CroRock wrote:

If anyone here is on fence with Mario & Luigi: Dream Team like I was... just go and spend your money, you won't regret.
IMHO it is much better than Super Mario 3D Land. Great, great game if you have any interest in RPG.

Agreed. While its story is not so great, its definitely an awesome game. My favorite 3DS game of all time.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

Guovssohas

1,543. Posted:

Started playing Luigis Mansion 2 a couple days ago and gotta say it's really really good. Much better than i thought it would be. I never played the original so the experience was so "fresh" for me, something different.

The graphics are incredible for the 3ds, every room and area is so detailed and the 3D effect is superb. Music is good and gameplay is great also. It also has tons of small secrets and stuff to collect or find, which i love. If u are an explorer this is a perfect game for you.

I've actually had the game for a quite long time but haven't gotten to play it until now since my brother had it.

Bottom line is that LM2 is a must have on the 3ds. If you don't have it, get it now. :)

Guovssohas

AuthorMessage

CroRock

1,544. Posted:

@Ralizah
I mentioned SM3DL because it got much higher review scores then Dream Team and while I quite like SM3DL, I found myself enjoying more with Dream Team. And while I just grabbed SM3DL when I bought 3ds, I was calculating with Dream Team for some time. Other games were on higher priority list. Man I was wrong. Probably just because of that :)
Luigi Mansion 2 is my next after Bravely Default... thanks for that @Guovssohas :S

3ds FC: 2294 - 4578 - 7970

AuthorMessage

Warruz

1,545. Posted:

Thoughts on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate ?

Its on sale for $15 and while its towards the bottom of my list, at that price what are the thoughts?

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,546. Posted:

Warruz wrote:

Thoughts on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate ?

Its on sale for $15 and while its towards the bottom of my list, at that price what are the thoughts?

It's a steal for 15$. Some of the best use of 3d to date. If you like your Castlevania more on the combat side then you'll like it. Not much exploration but there is some.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Croz

1,547. Posted:

Hey guys, I am Looking at getting Virtue's Last Reward. I've noticed it has been recommended quite a few times which is great, however I wanted to confirm if the saving bug was fixed on the EU eshop before I picked it up. Cheers

Croz

AuthorMessage

Bronze

1,548. Posted:

My mother is about to get me a new game for my birthday (24th)

It was a bit unexpected so I am trying to decide between pokemon X/Y or something else. Recommendations are really appreciated. Help please?

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,549. Posted:

Just got $21 for my birthday, so I should be able to get something soon. (I also have a bunch of change I've saved up for months, so I'll be able to add that to the total as well once I count it all up, and I got a 20% off coupon from Gamestop, so all together hopefully I'll be able to get something decent).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

1,550. Posted:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,551. Posted:

^Talesof the Abyss...is pretty much your only option. :/

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,552. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance are your only options I believe (Rune Factory 4 may have real time combat as well, but I haven't played it so I wouldn't know).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

1,553. Posted:

oh i thought tales of the abyss was turnbased. i tried the demo for kingdom hearts and hated it :/

maybe i will try the rune factory series. but it is also heavy on farming and i am already addicted to animal crossing new leaf

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,554. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

oh i thought tales of the abyss was turnbased.

Nope. It's an acton RPG. A very good one, too. The characters might take some time to grow on you, but they will - unlike a lot of RPGs, some of the characters actually change and grow for the better as the game progresses. The story is very interesting, and the combat is pretty good, especially if you haven't played the later games in the series (Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia). Definitely worth a shot if you can get ahold of it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Miss_Pixelheart

1,555. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,556. Posted:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

Kid Icarus is not an rpg anymore then Zelda is and Zelda is much closer in a lot of peoples eyes!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,557. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Kid Icarus is not an rpg anymore then Zelda is and Zelda is much closer in a lot of peoples eyes!

This...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Miss_Pixelheart

1,558. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Ok, But then what is it?

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,559. Posted:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Ok, But then what is it?

It's an action games with very minor RPG elements...

Rule of thumb: If you can't grind your way to absolute victory, it's not an RPG.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,560. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

There's also Heroes of Ruin, but that's multiplayer/squad based and I don't think anybody is online anymore.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245