3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,888

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Warruz

1,541. Posted:

Thoughts on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate ?

Its on sale for $15 and while its towards the bottom of my list, at that price what are the thoughts?

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,542. Posted:

Warruz wrote:

Thoughts on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Mirror Fate ?

Its on sale for $15 and while its towards the bottom of my list, at that price what are the thoughts?

It's a steal for 15$. Some of the best use of 3d to date. If you like your Castlevania more on the combat side then you'll like it. Not much exploration but there is some.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Croz

1,543. Posted:

Hey guys, I am Looking at getting Virtue's Last Reward. I've noticed it has been recommended quite a few times which is great, however I wanted to confirm if the saving bug was fixed on the EU eshop before I picked it up. Cheers

Croz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bronze

1,544. Posted:

My mother is about to get me a new game for my birthday (24th)

It was a bit unexpected so I am trying to decide between pokemon X/Y or something else. Recommendations are really appreciated. Help please?

Megatron: Any last words Optimus?

Optimus: None you wanna hear megatron!

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,545. Posted:

Just got $21 for my birthday, so I should be able to get something soon. (I also have a bunch of change I've saved up for months, so I'll be able to add that to the total as well once I count it all up, and I got a 20% off coupon from Gamestop, so all together hopefully I'll be able to get something decent).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

1,546. Posted:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,547. Posted:

^Talesof the Abyss...is pretty much your only option. :/

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

1,548. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Tales of the Abyss & Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance are your only options I believe (Rune Factory 4 may have real time combat as well, but I haven't played it so I wouldn't know).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

1,549. Posted:

oh i thought tales of the abyss was turnbased. i tried the demo for kingdom hearts and hated it :/

maybe i will try the rune factory series. but it is also heavy on farming and i am already addicted to animal crossing new leaf

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,550. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

oh i thought tales of the abyss was turnbased.

Nope. It's an acton RPG. A very good one, too. The characters might take some time to grow on you, but they will - unlike a lot of RPGs, some of the characters actually change and grow for the better as the game progresses. The story is very interesting, and the combat is pretty good, especially if you haven't played the later games in the series (Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia). Definitely worth a shot if you can get ahold of it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sir_Anthony

1,551. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though
BL - AL - 8BF

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,552. Posted:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

Kid Icarus is not an rpg anymore then Zelda is and Zelda is much closer in a lot of peoples eyes!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,553. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

Kid Icarus is not an rpg anymore then Zelda is and Zelda is much closer in a lot of peoples eyes!

This...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sir_Anthony

1,554. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

Kid Icarus is not an rpg anymore then Zelda is and Zelda is much closer in a lot of peoples eyes!

Ok, But then what is it?

I can assure you, I'm not a cat. Do not let others fool you though
BL - AL - 8BF

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,555. Posted:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Sir_Anthony wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

Did you play Kid Icarus Uprising? That's a must if you haven't yet. Can't think of a better example for a action RPG. One of my favourite RPG's ever

Kid Icarus is not an rpg anymore then Zelda is and Zelda is much closer in a lot of peoples eyes!

Ok, But then what is it?

It's an action games with very minor RPG elements...

Rule of thumb: If you can't grind your way to absolute victory, it's not an RPG.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magikarp3

1,556. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

There's also Heroes of Ruin, but that's multiplayer/squad based and I don't think anybody is online anymore.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkCoolEdge

1,557. Posted:

Croz wrote:

Hey guys, I am Looking at getting Virtue's Last Reward. I've noticed it has been recommended quite a few times which is great, however I wanted to confirm if the saving bug was fixed on the EU eshop before I picked it up. Cheers

What bug? I bought it and have yet to play it.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

1,558. Posted:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

Croz wrote:

Hey guys, I am Looking at getting Virtue's Last Reward. I've noticed it has been recommended quite a few times which is great, however I wanted to confirm if the saving bug was fixed on the EU eshop before I picked it up. Cheers

What bug? I bought it and have yet to play it.

Don't have the game but I recall something about saving your game in a puzzle room will freeze the game and cause you to have to start over. It was pretty late in the game as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

6ch6ris6

1,559. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

There's also Heroes of Ruin, but that's multiplayer/squad based and I don't think anybody is online anymore.

i played that for like 40 hours. it was awesome. i had so much fun online. too bad it was way too easy and therefore getting boring after the third playthrough

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage
Avatar

unrandomsam

1,560. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

hey does anybody know if there is a good action rpg for the 3DS? NO turn-based stuff !

There's also Heroes of Ruin, but that's multiplayer/squad based and I don't think anybody is online anymore.

i played that for like 40 hours. it was awesome. i had so much fun online. too bad it was way too easy and therefore getting boring after the third playthrough

Have you tried Kingdom Hearts 3D (I don't like it but quite a few people seem to).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”