3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,888

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,501. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

SMT4 has severe pacing problems. I was actually pretty disappointed with it. Etrian Odyssey 4 is great stuff through and through. Probably my favorite game of the year. I recommend going with that, especially since its on sale.

Really? I thought SMT IV was great from begining to end (well almost end as I'm close to beating it).

As for similarities they're rpgs but that's where it ends really. Smt Iv is more world exploration rpg where as EO IV is mostly dungeon crawling with an interesting overworld this go around! SMT IV has more of a story to it and gets really interesting as you make certain choices throughout. EO IV has a story but its not the main focus!

Oh and unless you're a poke fanatic get one of the other 2 as I enjoyed them more!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,502. Posted:

RedPandas wrote:

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure about it though. I need to try Zelda on someone else's 3DS and I'm sure that won't be hard to find.
Do you mind if you guys can break down what's so amazing about these games?

Well I pretty much summed it up in my last quote. If you want a great adventure game with fluid gameplay and excellent pacing and a nice twist to puzzle solving get Zelda. If you want great story with character development and strategy get FE! That pretty much sums up what's great about them! You will gets more miles out of FE though as its about 5 times longer then Zelda. Maybe even 10 times longer.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,503. Posted:

Well, I went with EO IV. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0607-0425 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

1,504. Posted:

i was thinking of getting Devil Survivor Overclocked or Soul Hackers. which is the easier of the two?

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,505. Posted:

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

i was thinking of getting Devil Survivor Overclocked or Soul Hackers. which is the easier of the two?

. Yeah those look like good deals

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,506. Posted:

Okay so here is an updated post holiday list of what i have and what is now my backlog for my 3ds:
ETO IV
ETO UNTOLD
Animal Crossing
Fire emblem
Mario and luigi dream team
Zelda ALBW
Luigi's Mansion

So I have a $50 eshop worth of credit left. Are there any must haves for the 3ds that I shouldn't miss out on whether now or to put on my "want" list? :)

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,507. Posted:

@devinias I still think you should get SMT IV and also think about Devil Survivor Overclocked!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,508. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@devinias I still think you should get SMT IV and also think about Devil Survivor Overclocked!

Lol I know....I am keeping that one at the top of my may pick up list, unless something else is recommended better. I did have a lot of friends (real world) recommend the Mario sticker rpg. They said it was great...

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,509. Posted:

Oh yeah! Sticker Star is great in my book!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Joetherocker

1,510. Posted:

Would you guys recommend Mario and Luigi Dream Team or Luigi's Mansion? I can only get one at the moment, and both look pretty good.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,511. Posted:

Joetherocker wrote:

Would you guys recommend Mario and Luigi Dream Team or Luigi's Mansion? I can only get one at the moment, and both look pretty good.

Now I've yet to beat Dream Team but personally i'd go with Luigi's Mansion. With added online it just has more replay value plus I thought it was a bit better overall!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,512. Posted:

Which one should I go for? Mario Party or Tennis? I stopped playing Party after some time, but since they changed things up after Hudson closed down, i figured I would try it. As for Tennis, I saw the GBC version on the VC....thought I would try and see what Open is like, I already know it doesn't have a Story mode. (sadly... :c )
Anyways, got several games to take back, so...yeah. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,513. Posted:

Mario Tennis Open if you can find it. Neither will last you that long unless you have someone else to play it with, but Mario Party games tend to lack more depth than Tennis, and even without a Story mode, if you like tennis, you'll still get some fun out of the basic gameplay. It doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it outside of the lack of Story mode.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,514. Posted:

Well I play by myself with a lot of games anyways. Fortune Street being a good example. (since that and Party are both board games. :p )

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

devinias

1,515. Posted:

Which should I play first etrian IV or untold???

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,516. Posted:

devinias wrote:

Depends on if you want more story or deeper gameplay. I haven't played much of Untold but I beat the original. EO IV is the better game gameplay wise as the overworld adds a lot to it but at least Ubtold has all plus more upgrades to the game options!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,517. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

devinias wrote:

Depends on if you want more story or deeper gameplay. I haven't played much of Untold but I beat the original. EO IV is the better game gameplay wise as the overworld adds a lot to it but at least Ubtold has all plus more upgrades to the game options!

Untold has deep gameplay, too. The overworld in EO4 definitely adds to the game, though, and I kind of like EO4's Skill Tree over the system used in Untold.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RyanOehrli

1,518. Posted:

Is Sonic Lost World even worth trying? I used to be a huge Sonic fan and I loved Generations (on my PS3 that is. I heard the 3DS version was kind of crappy). but I keep hearing Lost World is just a bad game especially on 3DS.

I write reviews and features for www.highscorereviews.com

Twitter: RyanDoesReviews

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

1,519. Posted:

I expect to be tarred and feathered for this ... but:

I recommend World Conqueror 3D for anyone who likes simple strategy games. My reasons are detailed in my blog, in case anyone is actually interested in my opinion on the matter.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,520. Posted:

^Would get that if it was $2 or maybe even $3. Not something I'd get right now, though, and I'm sure there'll be better games by the time it drops in price.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~