Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,669

Big_Boy_Chubs

@DefHalan PLEASE DO NOT GET LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER IT'S HORRIBLE IT'S SO REPETITIVE AND WORTHLESS. if anyting, get the yoshi one.

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9172-6626 | Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

DefHalan

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

@DefHalan PLEASE DO NOT GET LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER IT'S HORRIBLE IT'S SO REPETITIVE AND WORTHLESS. if anyting, get the yoshi one.

I think I am going to go with Donkey Kong. See I am going to trade in DKCR for $12, then use a $10 off coupon, SO basically I am getting DKCR3D and Pokemon Y for $15. I know I will like DKCR3D but unsure of the other two, plus it will be easier to play than the Wii version. I think that is going to be the best way to do this lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Revanmann

Any RPG's Like Dragon Quest IX? That open world, Turn-based gameplay, Freedom, AGH! I don't know, it just spoke to me in ways ten thousand time more so than other JRPG;s. That and Metroidvania games beside Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirrors of Fate and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Spoony_Tech

Mr_iwantwiipoints wrote:

Any RPG's Like Dragon Quest IX? That open world, Turn-based gameplay, Freedom, AGH! I don't know, it just spoke to me in ways ten thousand time more so than other JRPG;s. That and Metroidvania games beside Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirrors of Fate and Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate.

The best Metroidvania clone i've seen is Steamworld Dig! It's really a great game too! Best eshop game imo!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Revanmann

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Mr_iwantwiipoints wrote:

The best Metroidvania clone i've seen is Steamworld Dig! It's really a great game too! Best eshop game imo!

I definitely want to check that out, my friend told me about it yesterday and also that is on sale at the moment.

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bravely Default is what you need.

Oh, I will most certainly will be getting that, But I need to get the game for which I bought the 3DS in the first place: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds!

Currently Playing:

Revanmann

Oh, I didn't even think about asking. Does Bravely Default have the (in my opinion) silly random attack from out of nowhere that Final Fantasy used to have, or is it like Dragon Quest IX where you can see the enemies and move around them or chase them?

Edited on by LzWinky

Currently Playing:

Spoony_Tech

Mr_iwantwiipoints wrote:

Oh, I didn't even think about asking. Does Bravely Default have the (in my opinion) silly random attack from out of nowhere that Final Fantasy used to have, or is it like Dragon Quest IX where you can see the enemies and move around them or chase them?

It has random encounters however you can increase or decrease the encounter rate in the options. It's a blessing. Also you know you can hop on the eshop right now and dl a demo of it right?

Edited on by LzWinky

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Revanmann

Yeah, I have the demo, I need to play it, I heard it is around 12 hours or so long! But I've been obsessed with Poke'mon Y, the only other Poke'mon game I ever had was Sapphire and I never cared too much for it and this game is just Heaven!

Currently Playing:

Andyv01

talking of price drops... Rhythm Thief is going for "a steal" (loads both barrels) at Argos UK... £4.99 ! theres even a cartridge in the box!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Storytime7

Bravely Default, Etrian Odyssey IV, or Shin Megami Tensei IV? I'm looking for a good 3DS RPG, but I can't decide which game to get. I'm thinking of waiting on Bravely Default because the others are on sale in the eshop, but that still leaves two games to choose from.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Taco_Human

I vote for Etrian Odyssey 4. It's grindy, but I like it so far. Bravely Default is more like Final Fantasy, EO4 is a dungeon crawler. I have no idea about Shin Megami, but I hear good things about it.

derp

Storytime7

I think I'll go with EO4 for now, and get the others some other time. Thanks for the help!

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Tobiaku

How big in blocks will layton vs Wrigth be?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

devinias

Okay so I have all these but I can't decide what rpg to play next...SMT IV , Mario and luigi: dream team, etrian odyssey IV, etrian odyssey untold, fire emblem awakening (which I am leaning towards) or pokemon x? I have all these in my backlog and want to start chipping away at it some more. . Thanks for the opinions. Also, yes I beat bravely default and I am starting a fresh play through on hard mode, but I am taking my time with it so I am not rushing it.

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

devinias wrote:

Okay so I have all these but I can't decide what rpg to play next...SMT IV , Mario and luigi: dream team, etrian odyssey IV, etrian odyssey untold, fire emblem awakening (which I am leaning towards) or pokemon x? I have all these in my backlog and want to start chipping away at it some more. . Thanks for the opinions. Also, yes I beat bravely default and I am starting a fresh play through on hard mode, but I am taking my time with it so I am not rushing it.

My vote would have to go for the only game i finished of those and that's EOIV! Love all those choices though. SMTIV is a close 2nd.

MERG said:

edmek55555

we definately need fantasy life to be imported!

edmek55555

Spoony_Tech

edmek55555 wrote:

we definately need fantasy life to be imported!

Agreed!!

MERG said:

Tobiaku

Why will Conception II children of the seven stars be eshop only?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic