Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 2,669

Bubbab5

Quick question should I get Resident Evil Revelations, Scribblenauts Unmasked or Scribblenauts Unlimited I want a shooting action game but also a puzzle fun friendly game so idk what's your opinion. If possible I need an answer soon cause Im about to go on an 9 hour trip and need a good game to keep me busy for a while.

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Spoony_Tech

Bubbab5 wrote:

Quick question should I get Resident Evil Revelations, Scribblenauts Unmasked or Scribblenauts Unlimited I want a shooting action game but also a puzzle fun friendly game so idk what's your opinion. If possible I need an answer soon cause Im about to go on an 9 hour trip and need a good game to keep me busy for a while.

Well as far as RE:R goes do you plan on retail or dl? It's the second biggest file to dl and depending on your card size might not even fit. Either way I would go with that over the other 2. I played the first and it just wasn't for me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bubbab5

It's a download but I have a 16GB SD card so I think I'll be good with memory. So is the game scary and have fun multiplayer?

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Spoony_Tech

Bubbab5 wrote:

It's a download but I have a 16GB SD card so I think I'll be good with memory. So is the game scary and have fun multiplayer?

I wouldn't say it's scary no. The multiplayer can be really fun especially If you have a friend to play with regularly. It's still a great single player experience.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Bubbab5

Thanks for the help I don't think I'll get either now though. Do you know any great story based games that aren't turn based gameplay?

Ralizah

Bubbab5 wrote:

It's quite a bit freakier than the last several entries have been. And the online multiplayer is fantastic. At least, it was when I played it.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MuchoMochi

I know this is the recommendations thread but is anyone excited to pick up Yoshi's New Island? How has your opinion of it changed over time?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

CanisWolfred

LaytonAprentice wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

I know this is the recommendations thread but is anyone excited to pick up Yoshi's New Island? How has your opinion of it changed over time?

Meh, to be honest I'm going to pass on it. I have Yoshi's Island DS and didn't find it to be all that interesting, but if you're looking forward to it I hope you enjoy it

Haha, he's judging a series by the half-baked sequel no one liked...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MegaStoneSmash91

Can anyone recommend the 3D version of Donkey Kong Country Returns over the Wii version? I've never played Returns, but after playing and enjoying Tropical Freeze It caught my interest. I'm not sure whether the Wii version or 3DS version would be the way to go. I like what I've heard about the constant framerate of the Wii version as well as the slightly better visuals, but I'm worried about the "waggle" aspects. The 3DS version has more content and an optional easier difficulty as well as having 3D, but I can't decide which would be a better buy.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Spoony_Tech

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Can anyone recommend the 3D version of Donkey Kong Country Returns over the Wii version? I've never played Returns, but after playing and enjoying Tropical Freeze It caught my interest. I'm not sure whether the Wii version or 3DS version would be the way to go. I like what I've heard about the constant framerate of the Wii version as well as the slightly better visuals, but I'm worried about the "waggle" aspects. The 3DS version has more content and an optional easier difficulty as well as having 3D, but I can't decide which would be a better buy.

If you have someone to play with it can be a lot of fun so go with the Wii version! If not i beat it on the 3ds but for some reason never did on the Wii. You really can't go wrong with either version. Go with which ever is cheaper but i do like the 3d one slightly more if only to be able to play it anywhere!

MERG said:

MegaStoneSmash91

Thanks for the input. Sounds like I'll get the 3DS version somewhere along the line then. If I want constant framerate, great visuals, and local multiplayer I'll just pop in Tropical Freeze. Getting the 3DS version would mean I'd have it anywhere, and the extra content is nice too. Seems like a good idea since I can't take TF or the Wii version of Returns with me.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MuchoMochi

LaytonAprentice wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

LaytonAprentice wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

Meh, to be honest I'm going to pass on it. I have Yoshi's Island DS and didn't find it to be all that interesting, but if you're looking forward to it I hope you enjoy it

Haha, he's judging a series by the half-baked sequel no one liked...

LOL I was wondering why people were so hyped about the new game! At least I'm not the only one who disliked it, though now I'm enlightened

I didn't hate the DS sequel but the fact that the guy who worked on the original game Takashi Tezuka is affiliated with the project makes me think it may be a more worthwhile game than the DS one.

Edited on by MuchoMochi

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

DefHalan

So, I want to cash in on the Club Nintendo Pokemon thing. I already have a 3DS XL I have yet to register. The only games I don't own out of the choices are:

Lego City Undercover The Chase Begins
Yoshi's New Island
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (I own the Wii version)

I am interested in the Lego City series but I am not sure if I want to jump in with the 3DS version.

I didn't enjoy the Yoshi's New Island demo I played at E3 as much as I wanted so I am not sure if I want to throw $40 on it but I bet the gameplay is better than the little bit that I got to play while my feet were super tied from standing/walking all day.

I own Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii but haven't really played it. If I had it on 3DS it would be easier to finish. Not sure if it is worth spending the extra money for the 3DS version if I already own the Wii version.

As you can see I have no idea what to do, but I want a free copy of Pokemon Y (that way I have both versions just like all the other Pokemon games lol) so basically I see 1 of these games as my free game instead. So I am leaving it up to the people of the internets to decide. Please let me know which one you think I should get

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Oragami

Best RPG's? (Turn-based, action, tactical, any RPG's.) I only have Fire Emblem Awakening, Crimson Shroud, and The Denpa Men. I am thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, SHin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Shen Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Rune Factory 4, and Bravely Default. Any others I should get or look out for?

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Tobiaku

How long will it take to download Senran Kagura Burst?

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

CroRock

Castlevania Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate is one hell of a game. Great 2D action platformer with beautiful and detailed graphics. Don't believe bad reviews and don't miss 50% discount

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

TheConsonant

Tobias95 wrote:

How long will it take to download Senran Kagura Burst?

Depends on your internet speed but the game's a decent size so expect a fairly long wait.

TheConsonant

Twitter:

Ralizah

Oragami wrote:

Best RPG's? (Turn-based, action, tactical, any RPG's.) I only have Fire Emblem Awakening, Crimson Shroud, and The Denpa Men. I am thinking about getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, SHin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner Soul Hackers, Shen Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey IV, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Rune Factory 4, and Bravely Default. Any others I should get or look out for?

Project X Zone. It's cheap on the eshop too, if I recall correctly.

Also, Tales of the Abyss. The 3D sucks, but it's supposed to be a pretty solid RPG. It's a port of a PS2 game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Gold

DefHalan wrote:

I didn't enjoy the Yoshi's New Island demo I played at E3 as much as I wanted so I am not sure if I want to throw $40 on it but I bet the gameplay is better than the little bit that I got to play while my feet were super tied from standing/walking all day.

You went to E3 2013?!?!? Your a VERY lucky person. I wonder if you saw Reggie, Miyamoto, or Iwata....
On a more serious note, I recommend DKCR3D if you want it on the go. Good game. I personally put in 25 hours around the E3 2013 hype, and it was fun. If you care about FPS, like me, then you want to stick to the 3DS version. (Wii-60FPS, 3DS-30FPS).
I can't talk about Yoshi's New Island because I never was a fan of Yoshi in general.
I heard that Lego CU is sort of like a lego-GTA. That was the Wii U version, though. I know for a fact that Lego CU 3DS has 30-60 seconds loading screens, so that's a bummer.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic