3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,730

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

1,461. Posted:

@Cyb3Rnite No, you don't. There should be a free app which'll connect you that you can find on the Wii U eShop with a little bit of searching. But if you're pressed down with homework or studying, you shouldn't get it. The gam is more designed for people with LOTS of time on their hands, where a normal play session consists of 5-6 hours. The game is still pretty good, though.

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

1,462. Posted:

@UnknownNico My schedule's usually 1-3 hours daily, and 12+ hours on weekends. 5-6 is way too much on regular days, and to be honest, I have no friends to play with aside from my internet buddsies. How's the single player?

This is me in one image.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, and Fire Emblem Awakening.
Also known as sushifreAk, Justice, kidIcarus, and AnActualDash.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

1,463. Posted:

@Cyb3Rnite Okay, I guess. Prepare to go to the same couple of places over and over again. It is, however satisfying to kill the monster you've been chasing for the past 10 minutes. The armor looks aesthetically cool. But about the areas, they're split up into different sections. When you go to a different section, the game has to load.

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,464. Posted:

@Cyb3Rnite No you only need the Wii U version to go online. The 3ds version can go online but you need a special modem and the Wii u version to do so so iits not worth it! I will tell you though that the 3ds version is more then worth it solo. I've put just over 100 hours into it and can easily put another 200 hours just to finish it. Its still loads of fun just single player as you do get computer help a little ways into the game. I'm not sure about the other game either but I have no interest in it at all!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

1,465. Posted:

@UnknownNico I've played the demo, and I think it's really fun. It was a bit tedious, though. Reminded me a lot of Gods Eater, though I'm pretty sure Gods Eater was based off the previous Monster Hunter games. Had a lot of time on my hands for that one. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to play for a really long amount of time for weekends. I'll check on some other opinions.

This is me in one image.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, and Fire Emblem Awakening.
Also known as sushifreAk, Justice, kidIcarus, and AnActualDash.

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

1,466. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well given the fact that they are Mario and Zelda games you can rule out price drop on either of them anytime soon. I personally would go with ALBW cause it too is a sequel to my favorite Zelda. Other then that its hard to say.

Dream Team Bros - was £15 in the UK not too long ago.

(The rest of the DS ones didn't hold their value even against something like New Super Mario Bros where there are an insane number of copies around.)

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

1,467. Posted:

There again Asda did 50% off all 3DS games Black Friday deal I think last year. (NSMB2 at £20 when it just came out).

I doubt Zelda will be possible to get below £25 in the foreseeable future. (And only then with a code or messing around).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,468. Posted:

@unrandomsam, I'm in the U.S., where both games are still $40 new.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RyanOehrli

1,469. Posted:

So I've never been into the Zelda franchise, although I have the original and Links Awkakening DX on my 3DS. Should I try Link Between Worlds?

RyanOehrli

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,470. Posted:

RyanOehrli wrote:

So I've never been into the Zelda franchise, although I have the original and Links Awkakening DX on my 3DS. Should I try Link Between Worlds?

Ask yourself do you like those 2 games. If yes then buy it as its similar but better imo. If not then rent it if you can or just forget it as afterall it is Zelda and hasn't changed too much from Awakening! I love it though as I'm a hugh zelda fan!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

1,471. Posted:

Getting two games this tuesday at the mall Lego Friends - 3ds & hot wheels - 3ds.

My question is should I bother with lego friends - 3ds? Looking at GS site saying low stock at every GS location on there website I'm questioning whether to even bother getting the game.

Most lego games they advertise ALOT & normally I never have trouble getting any lego game at all. This one I'm not so sure on. & with GS's site saying low stock I'm questioning how good the game is really going to be considering GS obviosly thinks the game is going to fail if they didn't get to many copies of the game in. I really wanted to get this lego game because it'd be the first lego girl game plus a late b-day present to myself. But really questioning how good the game is right now....

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Solado

1,472. Posted:

You guys are going to have to point me in the right direction here! I only picked up my 3DS XL in November 2013 so missed out on many titles.

I have played Pokemon Y and playing through Zelda: Link between worlds (both fantastic)

What other titles would you recommend ? I enjoy platformers, RPG and averture games :)

3DS Friend Code: 5429-8131-0873
I love Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft - why? I am a true gamer.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,473. Posted:

Solado wrote:

You guys are going to have to point me in the right direction here! I only picked up my 3DS XL in November 2013 so missed out on many titles.

I have played Pokemon Y and playing through Zelda: Link between worlds (both fantastic)

What other titles would you recommend ? I enjoy platformers, RPG and averture games :)

Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey 4, SMT IV, SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2Dark moon, OOT 3d! Both Etrian Odyssey's have demos in the shop along with M&L DT and FE:A. All those games I listed are rated 8 or higher on Metacritic. There is plenty more I can suggest but that should do for now!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

1,474. Posted:

Solado wrote:

I like platformers too. Super Mario 3D Land is very good but not as good as previous entries in the series.
New Super Mario Bros 2 is ok. If you haven't played another New Mario then it is a good choice.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is awesome but the 3DS port doesn't run as smooth as the original.
Rayman Origins is good but you'd be better playing it on another hardware.
VVVVVV is great but short (2-3 hours unless you try ti get all the collectables).
Mutant Mudds is good and tough, it'll take you some time.
SteamWorld Dig is more like Metroid but is good fun and replayable.
Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo is pretty good. Worth $5.
Gunman Clive is similar to Mega Man. Totally worth the purchase.

There aren't a lot of adventure games, at least not like Zelda or Uncharted. Nothing comes to my mind.

RPG: if you live in Europe Bravely Default is great. If you don't or don't like that kind of game (shame on you!) it depends on what you prefer. Strategy-RPG? Fire Emblem (very light on the rpg side). Real-time combat? Tales of the Abyss. Dungeon Crawler? SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey... Mario RPG? Well, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will do the trick
And of course, you can play great DS games like Radiant Historia, The World Ends With You or Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

If you've got any question, feel free to ask me :)

Currently playing: check my backloggery
Next buys:
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

BulbasaurusRex

1,475. Posted:

I'll eventually get them both, but which cult e-Shop retail release should I get first: Senran Kagura Burst or Unchained Blades?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

1,476. Posted:

I trying to decide which Zelda game to buy. I need to decide between A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. I will pick up both eventually but don't want to juggle these 2 games at the same time.

I would like to hear from those who have played both, if possible. Please note that this will be my first time with Wind Waker HD.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,477. Posted:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

I trying to decide which Zelda game to buy. I need to decide between A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. I will pick up both eventually but don't want to juggle these 2 games at the same time.

I would like to hear from those who have played both, if possible. Please note that this will be my first time with Wind Waker HD.

What it boils down to is do you like 2d or 3d Zelda's better. I just beat a Like Between Worlds and its great fast paced and good for on the go play. However Wind Waker is longer, has better dungeons, and is my favorite Zelda ever!! I personally loved the sailing as its relaxing but some thought it was boring because it took to long to get from point a to b. The HD version is better in this area from what I hear as I've only played the gamecube one. I'm dying to play it though. The dungeons are much better in WW as well and has a central town you can do a bunch of stuff in!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

GTWarrior77

1,478. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

What it boils down to is do you like 2d or 3d Zelda's better. I just beat a Like Between Worlds and its great fast paced and good for on the go play. However Wind Waker is longer, has better dungeons, and is my favorite Zelda ever!! I personally loved the sailing as its relaxing but some thought it was boring because it took to long to get from point a to b. The HD version is better in this area from what I hear as I've only played the gamecube one. I'm dying to play it though. The dungeons are much better in WW as well and has a central town you can do a bunch of stuff in!

Thanks. The problem is that I enjoy both 2d + 3d Zelda games. I'm leaning towards Wind Waker HD. With it being a home console version, it seems to be the bigger and grander experience. That said, because I haven't bought a 3ds game in awhile, I need to show it some love also. Apart from A Link Between Worlds, there isn't anything that I really want to buy on the 3DS.

"As a man thinketh, so is he."

3DS fc: 0817 - 4085 - 8871
WiiU NNID: GTWarrior

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,479. Posted:

I made up my mind: I'm going to buy a Nintendo 3DSXL :D first game i'm gonna buy is zelda OOT 3d, then link between worlds

what other games should I buy? I loooove rpg, fps, adventure, exploring,... I have a wiiu so not rayman legends or anything, I already have that

@GTWarrior77 windwaker is amazing.. the graphics look so much better on your tv screen than on youtube, trust me xD

Edited on by Miss_Dark

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,480. Posted:

so I'm still having a hard time to chose between SMTIV, LoZ:ALBW and Pokémon Y.....

@Miss_Dark I recommend Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(unless you have it on WiiU)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF