Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,669

devinias

Picked up EO Untold. Should I grab a few of the other sale games from Altus? EO IV and/or devil survivor? I also want to get Pokemon y or x soon.....eeerrrr too many good games out or coming out can't catch up!!!!

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

devinias wrote:

Picked up EO Untold. Should I grab a few of the other sale games from Altus? EO IV and/or devil survivor? I also want to get Pokemon y or x soon.....eeerrrr too many good games out or coming out can't catch up!!!!

I've picked up all the heavy hitters from 1st parties this year. With that said till SMT IV came out EO IV was my game of the year. So I guess that makes SMT IV game of the year for me. Yes pick those up lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Linkus

Which one should I get; Paper mario sticker star or Mario and Luigi dream team?

Linkus

Spoony_Tech

Linkus wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here but even though I haven't beat M&L yet I prefer Sticker Star! It just had a better flow and music for me!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Linkus

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Linkus wrote:

I'm probably in the minority here but even though I haven't beat M&L yet I prefer Sticker Star! It just had a better flow and music for me!

Ok, thanks! From the videos I have been watching I think sticker star seems better too. I found a store where they sell it to a discount so I´ll probably buy it before the price goes up to normal again!

Linkus

devinias

Spoony_Tech wrote:

devinias wrote:

I've picked up all the heavy hitters from 1st parties this year. With that said till SMT IV came out EO IV was my game of the year. So I guess that makes SMT IV game of the year for me. Yes pick those up lol!

Yeah I am trying to get most of them now while I have some Christmas money. Between SMT IV and EO IV, which is better and what are some big differences and similarities ?

RedPandas

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure about it though. I need to try Zelda on someone else's 3DS and I'm sure that won't be hard to find.
Do you mind if you guys can break down what's so amazing about these games?

RedPandas

CanisWolfred

RedPandas wrote:

Thanks guys! I'm still not sure about it though. I need to try Zelda on someone else's 3DS and I'm sure that won't be hard to find.

The fluid combat and interesting worlds, lots of exploration (usually), and themed dungeons with puzzles that may or may not require actual thought.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

devinias

Okay I have enough credit $35 for one $39 game or two cheaper games, I can't decide between Pokemon x or y, SMT 4 or ETO 4. Which would be the better choice? Played demos or friends of all of them. I liked them all so was just wondering the thoughts of others.

CanisWolfred

SMT4 has severe pacing problems. I was actually pretty disappointed with it. Etrian Odyssey 4 is great stuff through and through. Probably my favorite game of the year. I recommend going with that, especially since its on sale.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

CanisWolfred wrote:

SMT4 has severe pacing problems. I was actually pretty disappointed with it. Etrian Odyssey 4 is great stuff through and through. Probably my favorite game of the year. I recommend going with that, especially since its on sale.

Really? I thought SMT IV was great from begining to end (well almost end as I'm close to beating it).

As for similarities they're rpgs but that's where it ends really. Smt Iv is more world exploration rpg where as EO IV is mostly dungeon crawling with an interesting overworld this go around! SMT IV has more of a story to it and gets really interesting as you make certain choices throughout. EO IV has a story but its not the main focus!

Oh and unless you're a poke fanatic get one of the other 2 as I enjoyed them more!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

RedPandas wrote:

Well I pretty much summed it up in my last quote. If you want a great adventure game with fluid gameplay and excellent pacing and a nice twist to puzzle solving get Zelda. If you want great story with character development and strategy get FE! That pretty much sums up what's great about them! You will gets more miles out of FE though as its about 5 times longer then Zelda. Maybe even 10 times longer.

MERG said:

devinias

Well, I went with EO IV. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Pokefanmum82

i was thinking of getting Devil Survivor Overclocked or Soul Hackers. which is the easier of the two?

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

devinias

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

i was thinking of getting Devil Survivor Overclocked or Soul Hackers. which is the easier of the two?

. Yeah those look like good deals

devinias

Okay so here is an updated post holiday list of what i have and what is now my backlog for my 3ds:
ETO IV
ETO UNTOLD
Animal Crossing
Fire emblem
Mario and luigi dream team
Zelda ALBW
Luigi's Mansion

So I have a $50 eshop worth of credit left. Are there any must haves for the 3ds that I shouldn't miss out on whether now or to put on my "want" list?

Spoony_Tech

@devinias I still think you should get SMT IV and also think about Devil Survivor Overclocked!

MERG said:

devinias

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@devinias I still think you should get SMT IV and also think about Devil Survivor Overclocked!

Lol I know....I am keeping that one at the top of my may pick up list, unless something else is recommended better. I did have a lot of friends (real world) recommend the Mario sticker rpg. They said it was great...

Spoony_Tech

Oh yeah! Sticker Star is great in my book!

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic