Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 2,670

Raptor78

Edesto wrote:

I am thinking about buying a new game, and the only two that looks interesting at the moment are ridge racer 3D and Resident evil Mercenaries. Could anyone give me their toughts on either one of these games?

It really depends if your planning on playing 'Mercs' online or not. Resident Evil Mercenaries is the most enjoyable online game I have played on the 3DS. Sure the content isnt massive but It is a hell of a blast with a partner. Plenty of different missions to enjoy although they are pretty much recycled levels from RE4 + 5, racking up time on levels with a partner can make the difference between a two minute game to a half hour blood soaked slogfest. If you want decent content from a game offline IMHO I would recommend Samurai Warriors Chronicles that game is huge if you plan to unlock everything and with the weekly DLC you are always picking up additional missions/maps or weapons.

Currently playing -
Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D, Samurai Warriors Chronicles & Dead or Alive: Dimensions...
Also own -
Street Fighter IV 3D & Nintendogs - French Bulldog (its for the kids!!! honest)

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

X-145

Should I get Zelda: OoT? I love action adventure games, but NEVER even touched a zelda game. I'm more of a mario person, but I do digress...Anyway, is it worth my time? It looks kinda boring to me. Please leave a real response! Not some fanboy "ITS THE GREATEST FREAKING GAME IN THE WORLD!" response, but an actual opinion. Thanks in advance!

Adems: "How long do think you can survive here?"
Ford:"long enough to kick your a$$!"
-from Conduit 2

___________________________3DS FC: 0216-0809-2319

GE FC:4546-8133-7981
Flipnote Command code: B A DOWN L Right R RIGHT B

Blaze

X-145 wrote:

Should I get Zelda: OoT? I love action adventure games, but NEVER even touched a zelda game. I'm more of a mario person, but I do digress...Anyway, is it worth my time? It looks kinda boring to me. Please leave a real response! Not some fanboy "ITS THE GREATEST FREAKING GAME IN THE WORLD!" response, but an actual opinion. Thanks in advance!

Personally I do think it's very good, probs best game ever. I'm not just saying this to force you into buying it, but on my GC Version when I have friends round they say itl ooks crap, then I let them borrow it and they love it. If your not too keen on it possibly you can rent it somewhere? But in my opinion it's well worth the money.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Odnetnin

X-145 wrote:

Lol, I was just coming in here to jokingly recommend Zelda. I've played games in the series before, but was never quite a fan (I've sold and/or barely started different entries). Until now, that is. Ocarina of Time is like the ultimate fantasy adventure blockbuster experience. It's basically the video game equivalent of Lord of the Rings. As you explore the vast land of Hyrule and meet its many denizens, you feel like you are Link. A hero on an epic quest to save the world. A simple fairy boy forced to suddenly become a man. It's the wonder and the suspense of the journey, the succeeding against all odds that makes this worth buying a 3DS for.

Hope this helps.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

X-145

Thank you, 3DSneedsRPGs & Pandalicious. You've convinced me to eventually buy this game. Thanks for your help!

Adems: "How long do think you can survive here?"
Ford:"long enough to kick your a$$!"
-from Conduit 2

___________________________3DS FC: 0216-0809-2319

GE FC:4546-8133-7981
Flipnote Command code: B A DOWN L Right R RIGHT B

turtlelink

Street Fighter or Dead or Alive?
I think I'd like Street Fighter more because of the controls and such but its better and cheaper for PS3. I also never played a DoA game before.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

pikku

Kid_Crono wrote:

Is Rayman 3D recommended?

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

KarrotMan

Kid_Crono wrote:

Is Rayman 3D recommended?

Rayman 2 was considered to be one of the best 3D platformers of it's time and still holds well enough today. Played it on the Playstation years ago, and considered it up there with Crash Bandicoot 3. But the problem with this port is that it is a bad one. If you don't have an N64, a Dreamcast, a PS/2/3 or an iDevice, pick it up, it's still a great game. Just be weary of the framerate issues in the game, especially in 3D mode.

I'm deciding whether to get DoA or PW:R. Initially, I was intent on getting DoA until I heard how PW has the best 3D of all the games in the 3DS library so far. I'm curious to see the 3D of PW and I never tried a flight sim before, but I can only get one game right now. So how good is Pilot Wings for you?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

iphys

Supposedly EB Games in Canada is going to have Monkey Ball for $20 soon. I've been holding out for it to drop to $20, but now I'm seriously wondering is it even worth that much? I still have a lot of play time I could put into Zelda, SSF4, and Pilotwings Resort, so I'm not even sure I really need another game.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Squiggle55

iphys wrote:

Supposedly EB Games in Canada is going to have Monkey Ball for $20 soon. I've been holding out for it to drop to $20, but now I'm seriously wondering is it even worth that much? I still have a lot of play time I could put into Zelda, SSF4, and Pilotwings Resort, so I'm not even sure I really need another game.

that's how I felt when Toys R Us had their sale on all those 3DS games. I am marginally interested in Monkeyball, Bust a Move, and The Sims, but I still have Zelda to beat so I passed.

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Raptor78

turtlelink wrote:

Street Fighter or Dead or Alive?
I think I'd like Street Fighter more because of the controls and such but its better and cheaper for PS3. I also never played a DoA game before.

If you have never played a Dead or Alive game before I would definetly recommend you get Dead or Alive. It may sound like a daft idea, but the team behind the 3DS game have made the game aimed at people who havnt played the previous series because the "Chronicle" mode is basically a story mode which covers the whole series and drip feeds it to you in an interactive movie style game. The 3D effects on the game are very good too and free daily DLC is a nice bonus.

I own both games and have had some good times with both, but as far as value for money you wont do better than DOA.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

R-L-A-George

I'd definitely suggest, Punch Time Explosion and Blazblue.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

xAlias

Should I get a 3DS? Persuade me!

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

CanisWolfred

labrat7 wrote:

Should I get a 3DS? Persuade me!

Can you purchase from a store that has a 30 Day Price-Matching Guarantee?

Edit: I'm getting a 3DS tomorrow. I might get a game along with it. Should I get Ridge Racer (Pre-owned), Blaz Blue Continuum Shift II (a game which I have on consoles), or should I shell out a little more to get Ocarina of Time ( agame I don't like) and Pilot Wings Resort (50% off)?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ryanheinz

I've really been looking at Dead or Alive: Dimensions and since I sold SSFIV, I want more portable fighting action. Though I don't miss Street Fighter at all, DOA: Dimensions looks alot more of my type. I might get it tomorrow, is it good?

Switch FC: 3315-9709-8980
PSN: MightyLemonade

Twitter:

Dizzard

Probably at this stage of the 3DS life, aside from picking up Ocarina of Time 3ds. My only other recommendation would be to go back and play any DS games you may have missed. (Ghost Trick & the ace attorney games are some of my favourite DS games)

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

BleachFan

@Waveboy: It can be pretty entertaining the first time around, but it offers little challenge. Most of the levels are more "maze-like," and it can be tough to tell them apart from one another. That being said, experiencing everything was definitely worth it, and by all means the game is visually pleasing. I tinkered around with the minigame modes a few times. They were fun, but not exactly addicting.

If you can get it on the cheap, that might be best. It can definitely be worth your time for at least a few hours.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

CanisWolfred

Mickeymac wrote:

I'm getting a 3DS tomorrow. I might get a game along with it. Should I get Ridge Racer (Pre-owned), Blaz Blue Continuum Shift II (a game which I have on consoles), or should I shell out a little more to get Ocarina of Time ( agame I don't like) and Pilot Wings Resort (50% off)?

In the end Pilotwings Resort was the only choice, so it all worked out, I guess.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic