Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,585

Gold

Is it worth it to get Steel Diver for 10$? I've been seeing it a lot at GameStop used.

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

Spoony_Tech

Gold wrote:

Is it worth it to get Steel Diver for 10$? I've been seeing it a lot at GameStop used.

Personally I would say 5$ it wasn't really all that fun for me.probably the weakest Nintendo game in a very long time. Parrascope mode is fun for a little while though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HandheldGuru97

Hmmmm Tales of the Abyss is $20 on Amazon right now (and it just so happens I have $20), but with Pokemon X coming out the weekend not sure if it is worth it...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru9...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

CanisWolfred

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

Hmmmm Tales of the Abyss is $20 on Amazon right now (and it just so happens I have $20), but with Pokemon X coming out the weekend not sure if it is worth it...

If you don't play it, you'll be able to sell it for $40 in a few years. If you do play it, you'll be in for a good time. I'd say it's worth it either way.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Pokefanmum82

Tales of Abyss is an amazing game and well worth it.

Want: Ultra Sun/Moon, Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and many others.
Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Gold and SuperStar Saga.

therick112

I am in love with Zero Escape: Virture's Last Reward. I played the original on DS, and that game consumed me, and this one is doing the same. I sit at my desk all day obsessing to get to the instant where I can get home and turn the game on. Highly recommended series for anyone looking for something addicting, fun, and different.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-8228

rockodoodle

I just got Centipede Infestation. It's a pretty cool game. Only $11 on Amazon. Good stuff.

rockodoodle

Nez

Mario land 3d or mario bros 2? Will mostlikely get both i just want to hear what your fav out of the two are

SW-6812-3777-3202

Twitter:

kkslider5552000

Nez wrote:

Mario land 3d or mario bros 2?

an actual creative video game

/took the 3rd option

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

therick112

Nez wrote:

Mario land 3d or mario bros 2? Will mostlikely get both i just want to hear what your fav out of the two are

I liked Mario 3D Land better

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7214-8228

Spoony_Tech

@Nez I can think of oh I dopnt know 20 better games then those two but if I had to choose one go with 3d land as at least its more original then the other!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Nez wrote:

3D Land. It is a superb platformer.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

Pokefanmum82

Played both and I prefer NSMB 2 over 3D Land.

Want: Ultra Sun/Moon, Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Super Mario Odyssey, Kirby Star Allies, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and many others.
Finished the Alola Dex.

rockodoodle

Nez wrote:

I have 3d land b/c I have SMBU on the Wii U..... I think you should just go with one, get another title like Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion or Resident Evil, then pick up the other later. I am loving 3d land, so I say get that one......

rockodoodle

CanisWolfred

I recommend waiting on the review of Doodle Jump. App-to-3DS doesn't seem to work out very often. You'll probably only have to wait until next Friday or something before a few reviews come in. Probably a good idea to hold off on Fashion Shoot, too, it sounds like they're having serious issues, though I have a feeling you'll wind up getting it down the line anyways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

WaveBoy

So I finally begun Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon last night after a cheesy Goosebumps 'Netflix' marathon haha. So far? Well I'm feeling a little mixed on the experience having come from the GCN original which imo had better controls due to the versatility and intuitiveness of the C-Stick which i remember felt like a joy to control. The first Luigi's Mansion also ran in 60 frames per second Vs the 30fps in Dark Moon and i prefer the idea of exploring one large mansion rather than exploring smaller multiple ones, but it does makes things more fresh instead of retreading back to the same formula. Also, i remember the ghosts in LM having a lot more character & looking a LOT less generic than Dark Moon's....

Visuals btw look absolutely SPOOKtacular and the 3D effect makes this game come alive, a giant difference rather than being limmited to 2D. I've put maybe 3 hours into it, still playing through the first mansion and it's easily one of my favorite 3DS games, but the lack of 2nd stick really hurts the experience. If this title supports it, the CC Pro would be far more ideal to use than what's given.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: TMNT II: The Arcade game
80's Fanatic & King of NES Tekkidome!

rebnado

Looking for a mindless game. I have short term memory loss so RPG's, although more interesting, can be frustrating at times. After researching on here a good bit, Animal Crossing: New Leaf looks like a good option. Besides that, any others I should look in to?

rebnado

3DS Friend Code: 4871-4548-6985 | Nintendo Network ID: rebnado

DarkCoolEdge

rebnado wrote:

Looking for a mindless game. I have short term memory loss so RPG's, although more interesting, can be frustrating at times. After researching on here a good bit, Animal Crossing: New Leaf looks like a good option. Besides that, any others I should look in to?

Bit.Trip Saga is a great option. Good arcade fun.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

I have a thirty dollar gift card and an extra copy of Pokemon X to trade in at EB Games. Anyways there are three games I was looking at. They are Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate or Sonic Lost World or maybe Disney Infinity for the Wii U (getting a Wii U from my hubby for Christmas). Are any of those must have games?

Finished the Alola Dex.

Spoony_Tech

@Pokefanmum82 No I don't believe any of those are must have games. I'm a 40 year old dad of 3 and I would love the Disney game over all of those tbh!

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic