Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,669

Spoony_Tech

RyanOehrli wrote:

So I've never been into the Zelda franchise, although I have the original and Links Awkakening DX on my 3DS. Should I try Link Between Worlds?

Ask yourself do you like those 2 games. If yes then buy it as its similar but better imo. If not then rent it if you can or just forget it as afterall it is Zelda and hasn't changed too much from Awakening! I love it though as I'm a hugh zelda fan!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Solado

You guys are going to have to point me in the right direction here! I only picked up my 3DS XL in November 2013 so missed out on many titles.

I have played Pokemon Y and playing through Zelda: Link between worlds (both fantastic)

What other titles would you recommend ? I enjoy platformers, RPG and averture games

3DS Friend Code: 5429-8131-0873
I love Nintendo, Sony & Microsoft - why? I am a true gamer.

Spoony_Tech

Solado wrote:

You guys are going to have to point me in the right direction here! I only picked up my 3DS XL in November 2013 so missed out on many titles.

I have played Pokemon Y and playing through Zelda: Link between worlds (both fantastic)

What other titles would you recommend ? I enjoy platformers, RPG and averture games

Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey 4, SMT IV, SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2Dark moon, OOT 3d! Both Etrian Odyssey's have demos in the shop along with M&L DT and FE:A. All those games I listed are rated 8 or higher on Metacritic. There is plenty more I can suggest but that should do for now!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DarkCoolEdge

Solado wrote:

I like platformers too. Super Mario 3D Land is very good but not as good as previous entries in the series.
New Super Mario Bros 2 is ok. If you haven't played another New Mario then it is a good choice.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is awesome but the 3DS port doesn't run as smooth as the original.
Rayman Origins is good but you'd be better playing it on another hardware.
VVVVVV is great but short (2-3 hours unless you try ti get all the collectables).
Mutant Mudds is good and tough, it'll take you some time.
SteamWorld Dig is more like Metroid but is good fun and replayable.
Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo is pretty good. Worth $5.
Gunman Clive is similar to Mega Man. Totally worth the purchase.

There aren't a lot of adventure games, at least not like Zelda or Uncharted. Nothing comes to my mind.

RPG: if you live in Europe Bravely Default is great. If you don't or don't like that kind of game (shame on you!) it depends on what you prefer. Strategy-RPG? Fire Emblem (very light on the rpg side). Real-time combat? Tales of the Abyss. Dungeon Crawler? SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey... Mario RPG? Well, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team will do the trick
And of course, you can play great DS games like Radiant Historia, The World Ends With You or Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.

If you've got any question, feel free to ask me

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

I'll eventually get them both, but which cult e-Shop retail release should I get first: Senran Kagura Burst or Unchained Blades?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

GTWarrior77

I trying to decide which Zelda game to buy. I need to decide between A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. I will pick up both eventually but don't want to juggle these 2 games at the same time.

I would like to hear from those who have played both, if possible. Please note that this will be my first time with Wind Waker HD.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

Spoony_Tech

GTWarrior77 wrote:

I trying to decide which Zelda game to buy. I need to decide between A Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD. I will pick up both eventually but don't want to juggle these 2 games at the same time.

I would like to hear from those who have played both, if possible. Please note that this will be my first time with Wind Waker HD.

What it boils down to is do you like 2d or 3d Zelda's better. I just beat a Like Between Worlds and its great fast paced and good for on the go play. However Wind Waker is longer, has better dungeons, and is my favorite Zelda ever!! I personally loved the sailing as its relaxing but some thought it was boring because it took to long to get from point a to b. The HD version is better in this area from what I hear as I've only played the gamecube one. I'm dying to play it though. The dungeons are much better in WW as well and has a central town you can do a bunch of stuff in!

MERG said:

GTWarrior77

Spoony_Tech wrote:

GTWarrior77 wrote:

What it boils down to is do you like 2d or 3d Zelda's better. I just beat a Like Between Worlds and its great fast paced and good for on the go play. However Wind Waker is longer, has better dungeons, and is my favorite Zelda ever!! I personally loved the sailing as its relaxing but some thought it was boring because it took to long to get from point a to b. The HD version is better in this area from what I hear as I've only played the gamecube one. I'm dying to play it though. The dungeons are much better in WW as well and has a central town you can do a bunch of stuff in!

Thanks. The problem is that I enjoy both 2d + 3d Zelda games. I'm leaning towards Wind Waker HD. With it being a home console version, it seems to be the bigger and grander experience. That said, because I haven't bought a 3ds game in awhile, I need to show it some love also. Apart from A Link Between Worlds, there isn't anything that I really want to buy on the 3DS.

"As a man thinketh, so he is"
WiiU NNID: GTKing77

GuSolarFlare

so I'm still having a hard time to chose between SMTIV, LoZ:ALBW and Pokémon Y.....

@Miss_Dark I recommend Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate(unless you have it on WiiU)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Tasuki

@Miss_Dark: Well some RPGs on the the 3DS are

Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Mario and Luigi Dream Team

On the eShop you have
Crimson Shroud
the Denpa Men: they Came by Wave
Sword of Hope II (If you like old school RPGs)
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya
Defenders of Oasis

Thats all I can think of right now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

@Miss_dark

Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl
Tales of the Abyss 3D
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Fire Emblem Awakening
Rune Factory 4
Pokemon X/Y
Bravely Default?
Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I'm really surprised it took you so long to decide to get a 3DS, roughly 2/3 of the good games on the console meet your criteria.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

devinias

Okay getting my 3ds xl for Christmas. I am a big rpg fan. So I am going to be going crazy with all the rpg games on ds and 3ds. I am getting the Mario and luigi bundle. So I will have one rpg already. . Any others highly recommended that I shouldn't overlook?

Just scrolled up and saw some lists.

Edited on by devinias

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8, W101, Lego City, and MANY eshop games. :)
New 3DS owner!!! MH4U, Zelda:MM, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Persona Q
3DS FC: 4141-5006-6082

3DS Friend Code: 4141-5006-6082 | Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Spoony_Tech

devinias wrote:

Okay getting my 3ds xl for Christmas. I am a big rpg fan. So I am going to be going crazy with all the rpg games on ds and 3ds. I am getting the Mario and luigi bundle. So I will have one rpg already. . Any others highly recommended that I shouldn't overlook?

You can't go wrong with almost anything you choose! From my knowledge all rpgs on the system scored no less then 75 on Metacritic. Not sure of age but the 3 I would start with are SMT IV, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Etrian Odyssey IV. The second 2 have demos in the eshop as well and EO4 let's you transfer over the data to the real copy so you lose nothing. Plenty more good ones and Bravely Default is coming to NA in less then 2 months. Already out in EU.

MERG said:

devinias

Spoony_Tech wrote:

devinias wrote:

You can't go wrong with almost anything you choose! From my knowledge all rpgs on the system scored no less then 75 on Metacritic. Not sure of age but the 3 I would start with are SMT IV, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Etrian Odyssey IV. The second 2 have demos in the eshop as well and EO4 let's you transfer over the data to the real copy so you lose nothing. Plenty more good ones and Bravely Default is coming to NA in less then 2 months. Already out in EU.

Thanks! Was thinking of those, as far as age, let's just say I had an Atari 1600 when it released. Lol

darkfenrir

So, should I buy Mario & Luigi: Dream Team or not? The price is now roughly, $37, and I know I'm going to pick it up sooner or later, so... yeah...

darkfenrir

devinias

Which do I start first fire emblem or animal crossing??

Socar

devinias wrote:

Which do I start first fire emblem or animal crossing??

I so far find animal crossing boring but I admit because its the first time I'm playing these life simulator games so I think I need more time to get used to it. But man does it take soo long to get basic things done......

For me I would recommend

Super Mario 3D land
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

so far....I need to get more 3DS games.....Damm time is flying!!!!!! XD

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

RedPandas

I can't decide between ALBW or Fire Emblem: Awakening. Can you guys help me?

RedPandas

Spoony_Tech

RedPandas wrote:

Two very different games. FE has a great story and character development. Its also very long and strategic. Zelda is a fluid moving experience but much shorter adventure game. The pacing is great to the point where you never really feel bored at all. As for which, depends on what's more your style.

MERG said:

devinias

RedPandas wrote:

I started ALBW first, and I love the nostalgia it has to it. As far as which to get I agree with Spoony, it's up to your play style overall. Both are great games though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic