Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 2,670

supadude20

TornadoMan wrote:

Quick question now, would Nintendogs + cats be worth my time? Might as well ask,

Which might end up being the most lengthy and fun?

Nintendogs + cats
Monkey Ball
or Pilotwings?

Monkey ball has unlimited fun. It has a original mode which took me 3 months, there's a mario cart and a street fighter game mode and you use palsy coins to unlock cats.there's 3 Grand Prixs and these game modes are DS download. It can get boring after a while and can't be traded in for much.

The lie is the cake!

3DS Friend Code: 0662-4034-8590

RR529

At first I was confident in asking for ALBW for Christmas, but after playing the M&L:DT demo today, I'm not sure which one I want to ask for...

DT's art direction is absolutely gorgeous, and my goodness the two boss battles included were pretty awesome (especially the dream Bowser fight). The gimmicks you get to play around with in the dream world are also a lot more enjoyable than I thought they'd be.

On the other hand, ALBW is a follow up to one of my favorite Zelda games of all time, it's getting a bit better critical reception, and I'm interested in what connection it has to MM.

So, I should ask, which should I ask for?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

Well given the fact that they are Mario and Zelda games you can rule out price drop on either of them anytime soon. I personally would go with ALBW cause it too is a sequel to my favorite Zelda. Other then that its hard to say.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

adamkop

I'm looking for some cheap stuff on amazon (shipping them to Poland so package is around 10-30 bucks alone hence my choice for cheaper stuff) and I just saw that there are some good deals on MGS3D, Ghost Recon and Shinobi. What is the public opinion on all of them ? They would cost me about 20, 25, 15 $ respectively.
It would be also great if someone had advice on importing games to Europe, as I'm tired searching for cheap games only to find out that the seller doesn't do international shipping or charges 40 bucks for that.

adamkop

Spoony_Tech

adamkop wrote:

I'm looking for some cheap stuff on amazon (shipping them to Poland so package is around 10-30 bucks alone hence my choice for cheaper stuff) and I just saw that there are some good deals on MGS3D, Ghost Recon and Shinobi. What is the public opinion on all of them ? They would cost me about 20, 25, 15 $ respectively.
It would be also great if someone had advice on importing games to Europe, as I'm tired searching for cheap games only to find out that the seller doesn't do international shipping or charges 40 bucks for that.

You can't go wrong with Metal Gear or Shadow Wars. Both are excellent games but very different. Ghost Recon is more like Fire Emblem and Metal Gear is a third person shooter or stealth game if you will!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

reborn

Hi guys! I live in Europe and I'm looking for a niche JRPG 3DS game and I'm leaning towards "SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked" and "SMT: Devil Summoners Soul Hackers". I have these JRPG's (even some of them may not be strictly JRPG's): "Tales of the Abyss", "Fire Emblem: Awakening", "Etrian Odyssey IV", "Pokémon X" and "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate". I'm not interested in neither "Mario&Luigi" nor "Bravely Default" (it isn't my cup of tea because I prefer a darker plot).

In addition, I also have "Devil Survivor 2" (DS) but I'm stucked in my first 3 hours. I'm unable to win random grinding battles because I get wiped out easily. I think I've not fully understood the battle system because I had no problem in completing Persona 4 (PS2) in normal difficulty back when I played it :/ As I've read SMT:Overclocked has an "easy mode", that's why I may get it.

I really want to experience a great plot: I can forgive other aspects of the games, but the plot is one thing that gets me engaged when playing a JRPG. And it's defintely a pity SMT IV or Rune Factory IV (or event EO: Untold!!) haven't arrived yet here...

Thank you so much in advcance!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

Spoony_Tech

@reborn I can't speak much about Soul Hackers as I've only played about 3 hours of it. Overclocked however is one of my favorite 3ds games out of about 30 I own. Its mostly because of the story too! With the fully voiced story and pretty good voice acting it drew me in and I love it! I say go with that one!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LyIa

Hey everyone.
I'm wanting to try a new action/adventure/whatever game and I'm currently choosing between Senran Kagura Burst and Monster Hunter 3U.
The thing is, I'm leaning more on SKB because I think I'd enjoy the single player more (and I like the characters. something about them makes me really drawn towards the game, wink wink). I don't have any friends to play MH3U with, so I don't think I'll enjoy it that much. I am going to get both, but I will likely get one of these, Super Mario 3D World, and in a few months, get the other. I wanna know what I should buy first, or if I should just wait a year for MH4.

all men are kings 👑

UnknownNico

@Cyb3Rnite Well, I can't say anything about the other game, but know this: Monster Hunter 3U requires a LOT of time to make progress, so If you have a job with long hours, or school or something, then you probably won't be getting very far. The online play is quite enjoyable, but if you get the 3DS version, you'll need a Wii U to do so.

I'm really running out of ideas for my signature.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
I used to run on blast processing. Now I'm 64-bit.
Currently playing: ARK: Survival Evolved, Splatoon
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

LyIa

@UnknownNico So I need both versions of MH3U to play online?
I have quite a bit of time on most days. I'm a high school student.

all men are kings 👑

UnknownNico

@Cyb3Rnite No, you don't. There should be a free app which'll connect you that you can find on the Wii U eShop with a little bit of searching. But if you're pressed down with homework or studying, you shouldn't get it. The gam is more designed for people with LOTS of time on their hands, where a normal play session consists of 5-6 hours. The game is still pretty good, though.

LyIa

@UnknownNico My schedule's usually 1-3 hours daily, and 12+ hours on weekends. 5-6 is way too much on regular days, and to be honest, I have no friends to play with aside from my internet buddsies. How's the single player?

all men are kings 👑

UnknownNico

@Cyb3Rnite Okay, I guess. Prepare to go to the same couple of places over and over again. It is, however satisfying to kill the monster you've been chasing for the past 10 minutes. The armor looks aesthetically cool. But about the areas, they're split up into different sections. When you go to a different section, the game has to load.

Spoony_Tech

@Cyb3Rnite No you only need the Wii U version to go online. The 3ds version can go online but you need a special modem and the Wii u version to do so so iits not worth it! I will tell you though that the 3ds version is more then worth it solo. I've put just over 100 hours into it and can easily put another 200 hours just to finish it. Its still loads of fun just single player as you do get computer help a little ways into the game. I'm not sure about the other game either but I have no interest in it at all!

MERG said:

LyIa

@UnknownNico I've played the demo, and I think it's really fun. It was a bit tedious, though. Reminded me a lot of Gods Eater, though I'm pretty sure Gods Eater was based off the previous Monster Hunter games. Had a lot of time on my hands for that one. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to play for a really long amount of time for weekends. I'll check on some other opinions.

all men are kings 👑

unrandomsam

Tasuki wrote:

Well given the fact that they are Mario and Zelda games you can rule out price drop on either of them anytime soon. I personally would go with ALBW cause it too is a sequel to my favorite Zelda. Other then that its hard to say.

Dream Team Bros - was £15 in the UK not too long ago.

(The rest of the DS ones didn't hold their value even against something like New Super Mario Bros where there are an insane number of copies around.)

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

There again Asda did 50% off all 3DS games Black Friday deal I think last year. (NSMB2 at £20 when it just came out).

I doubt Zelda will be possible to get below £25 in the foreseeable future. (And only then with a code or messing around).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

RR529

@unrandomsam, I'm in the U.S., where both games are still $40 new.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RyanOehrli

So I've never been into the Zelda franchise, although I have the original and Links Awkakening DX on my 3DS. Should I try Link Between Worlds?

I write reviews and features for www.highscorereviews.com and www.pushsquare.com

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic