3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,341 to 1,360 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

jayblue

1,341. Posted:

Monster hunter 3 or Luigi's Mansion 2.If mh get circle pad.

jayblue

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0307-4610

AuthorMessage

3DSAllDay

1,342. Posted:

@jayblue get monster hunter 3 if you don't have a WiiU. if you have a WiiU then get monster hunter 3 for that then get luigis mansion 2. Even though I have not played luigis mansion 2 I think it is safe to say that you will get more gameplay and length from monster hunter 3 even if you don't do the offline port which adds a ton of extra content.

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

AuthorMessage

Dreamsleep

1,343. Posted:

jayblue wrote:

Monster hunter 3 or Luigi's Mansion 2.If mh get circle pad.

I really want Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Shin Megami Tensei IV. But, I want to try to space out my purchases for the next bit. In fact, the only game I'll get soon will be MegaTen IV, if I can find a first print run copy, since that is getting very hard to find. I really don't want to pay $50, but if I do, I'd like to get the extras.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DS, WiiU

AuthorMessage

Pinkkitty

1,344. Posted:

I can't decide what I want to get.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf or Pokémon X.
My birthday is very close to Pokémon X's release, but AC:NL looks nice as well!
Any recommendations? Thanks.

Pinkkitty

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,345. Posted:

@Lionhart I really don't see a price drop from Nintendo this holiday season. With the likes of Zelda and Pokemon and a ton of other quality titles it should sell just fine at that price. However that still doesn't mean some stores won't do some really nice offers to get people into their stores. Look at everyones ads leading up to Black Friday and see what's on offer as I'm sure someone will do some kind of incentive!

@Pinkkitty That's a tough choice. Even though I haven't played Pokemon yet of course no one has I believe its going to be a great game. However I can tell you that Animal Crossing is already a great game. The only thing about AC is that it takes many days to really get going but once it does there is so much to do daily. The ammount of content is so high that I keep hearing more and more things you can add to your town. If you want something now get AC if you can wait maybe you can somehow get both since Pokemon is still a bit of a ways away!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Pinkkitty

1,346. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Lionhart I really don't see a price drop from Nintendo this holiday season. With the likes of Zelda and Pokemon and a ton of other quality titles it should sell just fine at that price. However that still doesn't mean some stores won't do some really nice offers to get people into their stores. Look at everyones ads leading up to Black Friday and see what's on offer as I'm sure someone will do some kind of incentive!

@Pinkkitty That's a tough choice. Even though I haven't played Pokemon yet of course no one has I believe its going to be a great game. However I can tell you that Animal Crossing is already a great game. The only thing about AC is that it takes many days to really get going but once it does there is so much to do daily. The ammount of content is so high that I keep hearing more and more things you can add to your town. If you want something now get AC if you can wait maybe you can somehow get both since Pokemon is still a bit of a ways away!

Thanks for your suggestion. I think I'll ask for AC:NL on my birthday, then at Christmas Pokémon X :-)

Pinkkitty

AuthorMessage

jayblue

1,347. Posted:

Bought both mh and mansion both are great,got for 3ds version of monster hunter and think i made right choice with circle pad just completed first star quests,even like fishing if you have 3ds this games fantastic.

jayblue

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0307-4610

AuthorMessage

Lionhart

1,348. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Lionhart I really don't see a price drop from Nintendo this holiday season. With the likes of Zelda and Pokemon and a ton of other quality titles it should sell just fine at that price. However that still doesn't mean some stores won't do some really nice offers to get people into their stores. Look at everyones ads leading up to Black Friday and see what's on offer as I'm sure someone will do some kind of incentive!...

Thanks! I'm certainly going to keep eye on those news paper Black Friday ads. More than likely Frys Electronics and Wal-Mart will have the best price cut offers on the 3DS XL.

Lionhart

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,349. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does anyone know the quality and price of Play N Trade's repairs? My 3DS screen is still cracked and half of it is black when turned on but my warranty is up so I don't feel like sending it to Nintendo.

Repairs are pretty good quality, but they're far too overpriced. Play N Trades are mostly individually owned; unlike GameStop, there are no prices across the board or anything.

Thanks! I checked my area's and they said it will only be $70, less than Nintendo themselves. So I'll go ahead with them whenever I get the cash.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

lauradee

1,350. Posted:

Hey I just got a 3ds xl and I cannot decide which games to get.
I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Professor Layton Miracle Mask and I love them and would recommend them to anyone!
I'm just wandering if you guys would recommend Luigis Mansion 2 or wait until Harvest Moon a New Beginning is released?

Any thoughts?

Nintendo name: Laura Dee!
Friend Code: 4398-9773-7578
Love to play New leaf!

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,351. Posted:

Is Code of Princess a good/decent game?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Nirvana

1,352. Posted:

I recommend youkai watch

http://www.change.org/petitions/level-5-please-localize-youkai-watch-for-3ds-in-america-and-other-territories

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0842-8627

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,353. Posted:

lauradee wrote:

I bought Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Professor Layton Miracle Mask and I love them and would recommend them to anyone!
I'm just wandering if you guys would recommend Luigis Mansion 2 or wait until Harvest Moon a New Beginning is released?

Any thoughts?

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is an excellent game. But so is HM:ANB if you like sim-type games. It really comes down to whether you want a farm-sim experience or an atmospheric, arcadey puzzle-action game.

GuardianKing wrote:

Is Code of Princess a good/decent game?

It's really worth the money if
A) You really like brawlers
AND
B) You plan to fight with people either over local or online multiplayer

The games multiplayer functionality is superb, but the single-player campaign is short. Although you can run through the same single-player missions with a few other characters. The multiplayer mode allows you to play as TONS of different characters, though, each with their own movesets and playstyle.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

1,354. Posted:

lauradee wrote:

Any thoughts?

Luigi's Mansion 2 is a very good game and it will take you a while to complete. I absolutely recommend it.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,355. Posted:

Get Luigis Mansion 2.
Anyway, I have a pal getting a 3DS, I need some games I can recommend to him. (No animal crossing, for friends don't let other friends' social lives be destroyed)

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

1,356. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Get Luigis Mansion 2.
Anyway, I have a pal getting a 3DS, I need some games I can recommend to him. (No animal crossing, for friends don't let other friends' social lives be destroyed)

Ok, a little bit of everything:
Fire Emblem: Awakening, Resident Evil: Revelations, Castlevania LoS - Mirror of Fate, Luigi's Mansion, Dead or Alive: Dimensions, Professor Layton, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Pushmo, SteamWorld Dig, Crimson Shroud, Gunman Clive...

And I could go on. If you want to know anything about those or others feel free to ask.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Obito_Tennyson

1,357. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Get Luigis Mansion 2.

If you don't want him to play a game that he would be playing for over 200 hours, then just get him a simple game such as Super Mario 3D Land, NSMB2, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, or Star Fox 64 3D.

Friend Safari: Butterfree, Venomoth, and Volbeat (if there are any Bug Catchers out there...?)
Looking For: Ditto, Magneton Friend Safaries (please contact me if you have any)

3DS Friend Code: 2492-5497-3062 | Nintendo Network ID: JonathanTennyson | Twitter: Obito_Tennyson

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,358. Posted:

Animal crossing was the only game I didnt want him playing... Fire emblem will be alright.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,359. Posted:

Animal Crossing is an endless game full of hollow rewards. Even a 200+ hour RPG would be fine in comparison.

@Red_XIII - Not yet mentioned:

Code of Princess
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Rhythm Thief
Tales of the Abyss 3D
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 3D

I'm tempted to recommend Shin Megami Tensei IV, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but those are some pretty hardcore games (though SMT4 and EO4 both offer easy modes...that are still fairly challenging), and I'm not sure how hardcore your friend is...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,360. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 3D

It's a good thing the game is Devil Survivor Overclocked, because Devil Survivor 3D would have been false advertising. :P

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah