3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,750

AuthorMessage

3DSAllDay

1,301. Posted:

@darkfenrir Have you played animal crossing new leaf? I think of it as a very LONG game that never ends and it is twice as fun when you invite others over via friend codes. I can easily recommend it to anyone.

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,302. Posted:

@darkfenrir...

• Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - While you do switch between Sora & Riku, it's not every 30 seconds. It's more like every 10 minutes, and through various perks & items, you can lengthen the time further. I was worried about the concept at first too, but it never ended up bothering me at all. Completing the game, beating all the optional boss fights, & finding all the treasure chests took me around 50 hours.
  • Tales of the Abyss - This is a fantastic Action RPG, and it'll take 40-50 hours just to complete the story. Add in sidequests, and I've built up a little more than 90 hours of playtime. You also earn "Grade" throughout the game, which you can spend on perks for a second playthrough (3X exp, carry over weapons, carry over money, etc), so it also encourages multiple playthroughs (in fact, certain side quests are only available during a second run). It's a PS2 port though, so just be aware that the graphics & 3D won't be amazing.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,303. Posted:

@3DSAllDay I know for sure I won't be getting New Leaf, because I get bored in the first game, after 1 week of intensive playing. I'm just that player that can burn themselves out from playing and then play again after a few weeks, which mean I'm not the best in caring for Animal Crossing. ^^;;

@RR529 Ah, that seems better! Thank you on explaining it :) And yeah, I had my eye on Tales of the Abyss, remembering that it is said it's a very long RPG, and if I do pick it up, it will certainly be my first Tales ever. :3

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

Windy

1,304. Posted:

This is more a Question than a Recommendation but its also a lead to a really good price for a 3DS game. Has anyone played the Adventures of Tin Tin? how is it? I just could not resist the price at 4.99 on Amazon I haven't got the game yet but the videos looked pretty darn good. I did buy the game just waiting its arrival.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0EK06/ref=oh_details_o0...

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

distantwolfx44

1,305. Posted:

the first 3DS game i'm buying is definitely going to be an rpg. O-O EO4 seems pretty cool too XD I'm planning on downloading the demo later :3

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage

Gamecubii-64DD

1,306. Posted:

tlozoot3d or mto?

A new Revolution is on it's way...

AuthorMessage

SuperiorTech

1,307. Posted:

mario-the-star wrote:

tlozoot3d or mto?

If you really need to decide on those two games, I would say Zelda. Even if you've already played it, beating the game and playing Master Quest coupled with the updated graphics and 3D make it worth buying. Mario Tennis Open is kind of boring in my opinion and if you need your Mario Tennis fix, I would choose basically any other Mario Tennis game except for the updated Mario Power Tennis for the Wii, that version is garbage.

Edited on by SuperiorTech

SuperiorTech

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

AuthorMessage

distantwolfx44

1,308. Posted:

SuperiorTech wrote:

mario-the-star wrote:

tlozoot3d or mto?

If you really need to decide on those two games, I would say Zelda. Even if you've already played it, beating the game and playing Master Quest coupled with the updated graphics and 3D make it worth buying. Mario Tennis Open is kind of boring in my opinion and if you need your Mario Tennis fix, I would choose basically any other Mario Tennis game except for the updated Mario Power Tennis for the Wii, that version is garbage.

@SuperiorTech is there any sandbox games for the 3DS right now? O-O if so what games? sorry I just recently got my 3DS sooooo yeah >.<

~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Pokemon GL Profile

AuthorMessage

SuperiorTech

1,309. Posted:

Coldfirex44 wrote:

@SuperiorTech is there any sandbox games for the 3DS right now? O-O if so what games? sorry I just recently got my 3DS sooooo yeah >.<

Lego City Undercover
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Animal Crossing New Leaf City
Tales of the Abyss
Monster Hunter 3

Those are what I can think of right now.

SuperiorTech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,310. Posted:

SuperiorTech wrote:

Coldfirex44 wrote:

Lego City Undercover
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Animal Crossing New Leaf City
Tales of the Abyss
Monster Hunter 3

Those are what I can think of right now.

Lego City might be open world, I can't remember, but the rest definitely are not Open World. The last one doesn't even really have much of a world to explore.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SuperiorTech

1,311. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Lego City might be open world, I can't remember, but the rest definitely are not Open World. The last one doesn't even really have much of a world to explore.

Sorry, I made a mistake. The only "sandbox" game on that list is Animal Crossing, my bad. You're right, though, about Monster Hunter. It isn't exactly open world but I feel the other ones are open world enough, but they aren't sandbox games.

Edited on by SuperiorTech

SuperiorTech

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,312. Posted:

Yeah, I guess sandbox fits Animal Crossing best (it's kinda hard to pin down a genre for that game, IMO); it's different from GTA, but it fits the definition all the same.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NeoZuko

1,313. Posted:

My 3DS games list currently looks like this:

3DS

1) Super Mario 3D Land
2* New Super Mario Bros. 2
3) Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
5. Metroid 3DS
6) DKC Returns 3D
7. Yoshi's New Island
8) Kid Icarus: Uprising
9) Star Fox 64 3D
10* Fire Emblem: Awakening
11* Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
12. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
13) Mario Kart 7
14. Super Smash Bros. 3DS
15. Sonic: Lost World
16) Cave Story 3D
17. Batman: Arkham Origins BG

Edited on by NeoZuko

NeoZuko

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,314. Posted:

Quick question folks I thinking about getting a new game for my 3DS and I was wondering about Rayman Origins how's it stack up to the Wii version??? I have a Wii U and plan on getting Legends (eventually) I prefer my games handheld, but don't have a Vita. Should I go with the 3DS version of Origins or the Wii version?????

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,315. Posted:

Neo-GeoFan wrote:

Quick question folks I thinking about getting a new game for my 3DS and I was wondering about Rayman Origins how's it stack up to the Wii version??? I have a Wii U and plan on getting Legends (eventually) I prefer my games handheld, but don't have a Vita. Should I go with the 3DS version of Origins or the Wii version?????

Last i checked there is a demo in the eshop for Rayman. As for which is better almost everyone says only get the 3ds version if its your only option. I know its not as good looking and its a tad slower. Also no mulitplayer either. The Wii version is excellent though and i think its a game that must be played by all 2d platformer fans.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,316. Posted:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or Etrian Odyssey 4: Legends of the Titan. I own Monster Hunter Tri and I really enjoyed it, but the lack of online lay with the 3DS version disappointed me since none of my friends own the game. I enjoy long RPGs and I've heard good things about Etrian Odyssey 4. Which would you guys suggest?

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,317. Posted:

@SkywardLink98 Try the demo for both. Etrian Odyssey can be hard if you don't know what you are getting into. But I admit, while it's not my type of game, it's still a good game with good graphics.

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,318. Posted:

@SkywardLink98 I put over a 100 hours into both actually. I didn't let the fact there was no online stop me from playing MH as its been great fun so far. All the additions have been great! As for EO4 what can I say. I've put over 140 hours into it. Its one of the few games I beat this year and well worth it imo. I've still got more hours I can put into it but I did beat the main game but there is so much after game its kinda crazy! Like was said above play the demo as its the frist part of the game and if you like it the data will transfer over to the main game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

1,319. Posted:

Project X Zone, Project X Zone, and Project X Zone. Did I mention PXZ?

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

distantwolfx44

1,320. Posted:

Can anyone recommend me jrpgs? Virtual console's are excluded, Pokemon is too, Fire Emblem awakening is also excluded.. so.. does anyone know any jrpg's for the 3DS right now?

~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Pokemon GL Profile