Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,670

fushimushi

Alright, so I got ACNL, I'm planning on getting an action game (not strategy games like FE Awakening). Should I buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate or wait for MH4 for the west?

Should I get MH3U or Heroes of Ruin?

or can anyone just recommend me a good action packed game.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Coldfirex44 Stay away from Heroes of Ruin. You can beat it in about 10 hours with not much replay value. In 10 hours with Monster Hunter yu would be lucky to be at 5% done. Its a really good game so don't wait for MH4. Also look into Resident Evil Revelations and the Kingdom Hearts demo as that has a lot of action!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

pernz

WiiLovePeace wrote:

I only have monies for one. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. or Fire Emblem: Awakening?

Without knowing more about your personal preferences, I'd go with Fire Emblem. It's an outstanding title with a great deal of replay value. Either way though, you can't go wrong with those choices.

pernz

Twitter:

Casembo

Tell me if i am wrong, But are there any RTS games out on the 3ds, Or any coming soon

Casembo

CanisWolfred

Casembo wrote:

Tell me if i am wrong, But are there any RTS games out on the 3ds, Or any coming soon

Pretty sure you're wrong. RTSes weren't much of a hit on the DS. Maybe look into a kickstarter or something...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

dniw9

hi, im getting a 3ds XL soon for the pokemon XY and FE:A. I am also taking Tales of the abyss into consideration, can someone who played it tell me stuff about it? I mean, is it worth getting? how's the replay value? will it give me a lot of play hours?

kinda off topic here but i forgot when is the limited edition pokemon XY 3ds will release, can someone tell me when please? :3

Edited on by dniw9

Friend code: 4699-6452-7043
Pokemon In-game name: Relentless
Friend Safari: Fire Type (Larvesta, Magmar, Braixen)
Current team: Bisharp, Azumarill, Donphan, Volcarona, x, x
Recently playing: Pokemon Y
To be played: Virtues Last Reward
Most Anticipated Game: ...

8BitSamurai

dniw9 wrote:

hi, im getting a 3ds XL soon for the pokemon XY and FE:A. I am also taking Tales of the abyss into consideration, can someone who played it tell me stuff about it? how's the replay value? will it give me a lot of play hours?

kinda off topic here but i forgot when is the limited edition pokemon XY 3ds will release, can someone tell me when please? :3

Tales of the Abyss is a masterpiece, and will give you dozens of play hours. Any replay value stems from it's plain-old play value, but that's how it is with most RPG's.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

DefHalan

I was thinking of buying Monster Hunter U now that it is 50% off. Wii U or 3DS version?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

3DSAllDay

Get WiiU version. If you don't have a WiiU then just get the 3DS version like I have

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

Pokefanmum82

dniw9 wrote:

hi, im getting a 3ds XL soon for the pokemon XY and FE:A. I am also taking Tales of the abyss into consideration, can someone who played it tell me stuff about it? I mean, is it worth getting? how's the replay value? will it give me a lot of play hours?

September 27th is when the blue & red limited edition Pokemon X & Y 3DS XL comes out. I'm putting the money down for a pre-order of it through EB Games tomorrow

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Spoony_Tech

Coldfirex44 wrote:

As the MH3U is on sale, does it have a lot of replay value? Knowing that MH4 is in the air, should I rather get Resident Evil: Revelations?

Get it trust me its so addicting. I easily put over 600 hours in the Wii version and this one has double the content! Don't wait for MH4. I've got 100 hours in the 3ds version and that's solo play and iim no where near done. Could easily put another 200 hours into it! As far as replay value the game is centered around repeating fights for items needed for forging weapons and armor. Plus the wide range of weapons makes it feel like a new game whenever you switch weapons. Tons of replay value here!!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Guovssohas

Finished Steamworld Dig yesterday, excellent game, took me 12h 30mins since i explored every nook and cranny.

Recommended game.

Guovssohas

dniw9

any good hack and slash games out there? sort of like muramasa?

by the way code of princess has a short story, right?

dniw9

anyone who actually played code of princess can tell something about it?

Andyv01

Ummm... coming to the end of Fire Emblem and need something new on 3DS to take over my life : /

Have never played any of the Shin Megami Tensei games but veeeeeeeeery curious, for a newbie to the series which is recommended, Devil Survivor Overclocked or Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers? Have read reviews but undecided.

In Europe so having to wait for Shin Megami Tensei IV, but would like to make a start on one of the above... thoughts?

Thankyouverymuch!

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Spoony_Tech

@Andyv01For nme its Overclocked all the way. One of the best 3ds games on the system! However you might be burnt out on that type of gameplay! Don't let it stop you though!

MERG said:

Ralizah

Andyv01 wrote:

Ummm... coming to the end of Fire Emblem and need something new on 3DS to take over my life : /

Have never played any of the Shin Megami Tensei games but veeeeeeeeery curious, for a newbie to the series which is recommended, Devil Survivor Overclocked or Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers? Have read reviews but undecided.

In Europe so having to wait for Shin Megami Tensei IV, but would like to make a start on one of the above... thoughts?

Thankyouverymuch!

Different types of games, despite both being the SMT franchise. Soul Hackers is a first-person dungeon crawler with a cool cyberpunk theme but a very retro design (this is a re-release of a Sega Saturn game with some added cinematics, voice acting, etc., but very little done in the way of modernizing the graphics, to be clear). Devil Survivor: Overclocked is an interesting mix between a turn-based RPG and a strategy game. They're both awesome. Overclocked has more content with multiple-endings and New Game Plus stuff. I felt Soul Hackers was a more gentle game. With Overclocked, It is very easy to stumble into an end-game path that is obscenely difficult the first time through, which is something to be mindful of. Moreover, there are several missions that are only hard because you're tasked with protecting characters that are determined to get themselves killed.

Also, if we're talking about SMTIV, Soul Hackers is better preparation, as several elements of it are closer to the core series, with things like dungeon-crawling and demon-negotiation.

They're both good games, though.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Red_XIII

Andyv01 wrote:

Thankyouverymuch!

I think it is a bad idea to Overdose on SMT. Get Etrian Oddysey IV, it's a hardcore JRPG, yet differently styled. It can consume your life too...

Red_XIII

Andyv01

Thanks for the suggestions, by the sounds of it the turn based strategy of Overclocked may be an overdose after Fire Emblem, as for Etrian Odyssey... it looks great but very little character development by the looks of things.. also the US getting it for $20 whilst full price in Europe? Maybe later

Thanks again.

3DS FC: 3136-7284-3888

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic