3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,871

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,281. Posted:

@darkfenrir, I would highly recommend DKCR3D as a game with a ton of replayability if you have not played it yet. I know exactly what you mean about Luigi's Mansion--it was great but the levels themselves were kind of a hassle to replay what with having to complete all of the objectives in each level each time you replay the level. DKCR3D is just bursting with replay value in comparison. I can't recommend it enough. :)

Feel free to add me!

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8679-1614 | Nintendo Network ID: jenmax326

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,282. Posted:

@maxcriden >w<;; Unfortunately, I don't really like to play platformer. The only Mario game I ever played is the RPG series for example. :/ The last time I played platformer is for Yoshi's Island on GBA and I'm... just not good at it.

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,283. Posted:

@darkfenrir, this is one of the best platformers ever! Maybe it would be a good chance to check out a new platformer since it's been a while for you? No pressure! You are just missing out on some really fun games. :)

Otherwise, how about Paper Mario Sticker Star? That is a fun and pretty decent length Mario RPG.

Edited to Add: Actually, if you have not played Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, that is a DS game so you would be able to play it on your 3DS, and it is extremely long as I recall. Also, have you D/L'd Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons yet?

Edited on by maxcriden

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,284. Posted:

@maxcriden Unfortunately, I can't spend money around like that, I need to buy games that I know I'll enjoy T__T Unfortunately, of course.

I'm pretty leery on Paper Mario actually, hearing how people bash it down and never playing one myself... ^^;; yeah.

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,285. Posted:

@maxcriden: and yes, I have played it and it's one of the most enjoyable game I have played! ^_^ And no, I can't buy any pre-paid card, nor use Credit Card, v___v Sorry.

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,286. Posted:

@darkfenrir, in your second post there, are you referring to Bowser's Inside Story? If so, have you played Partners in Time as well? That one is unfairly maligned and is a lot of fun, too.

I couldn't really get into Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass but my wife really enjoyed them. Zelda OOT is a classic if you haven't played it. I do think Paper Mario Sticker Star was a lot of fun and sort of under appreciated. It's a pretty decent length, clever and good game. Kirby Mass Attack is another extremely fun, great game. I would also highly recommend the Layton series.

Edited to Add: I should also mention that while I love Kirby, I often find his games too easy. Mass Attack is very difficult in places and a lot of fun. It's a plaformer and I just remembered you said those aren't your favorite, but it's a very different one as you control up to 10 Kirby clones at once with the stylus.

Edited on by maxcriden

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,287. Posted:

@maxcriden yeah, I'm referring to BIS, and yes, I have played PiT, and I have played SuperStar Saga too, and they all are very enjoyable. ^u^ I sometimes got confused when people said they aren't, those two are awesome games, plain and simple.

And I have played both of those, although I haven't finished Spirit Tracks, I got stuck at one place and just... stop playing I guess. The problem with Zelda game is that you lose incentive the moment you finished the story, there's no more things to do, unless you like to do the treasure hunting and stuff. Hmmm... maybe I'll try my hand on Paper Mario if I see it cheap enough, although I didn't see the Kirby game anywhere. Professor Layton, played the first one and I barely able to finish it, puzzle is really not my forte. v___v

sorry, it just seems I keep deflecting those games that is recommended... :(

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,288. Posted:

@darkfenrir, it's cool man, I just want to help you find a good game because there are so many great ones for the DS and 3DS. I do hope at some point you get to try DKCR3D because it really is a ton of fun. Kirby Mass Attack I'm surprised you can't find--did you check Gamestop's store locator for the new and used versions? Paper Mario really is satisfying and a lot of fun with a pretty good side quest. As a fan of the Mario and Luigi games I think you would potentially really dig it. I think it was just very different than a lot of people were expecting. FWIW I think I 100%'d it at about 20-23 hrs. I didn't see, did you say you've played Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D?

Edited on by maxcriden

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,289. Posted:

@maxcriden Thank you ^^

Yeah, I probably should pick it up when I saw it for cheap, or I can afford them, currently, I can only afford one, and I know I'll need to pick my favorite. And for Gamestop, unfortunately, I'm in Asia, we don't have gamestores like that ^^;; And it's hard to find DS games nowadays, I think I only saw 3DS games by now? The last DS game I saw was Solatorobo, and that's in Singapore, doubt there's any in my nation.

So I guess, Donkey Kong and Paper Mario for when I can afford them and them being cheap, I hope that time will be soon. ^w^ Hmmm, I guess I shall see what I do with Mario and Luigi after I tried the Etrian Odyssey Demo.

No, I only played Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, with me stuck on Spirit Tracks. ;(

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

AutumnShantel

1,290. Posted:

I'm really picky with my games and I have nothing bad to say about Paper Mario. Try it, seriously! I think its only flaw was not being able to level up and there were no new characters. But that's just in my eyes, anyways. Every other aspect of that game was great!

AutumnShantel

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,291. Posted:

@AutumnShantel Ah, I see. :) I'll try to see everyone's recommendation and pick whichever I feel will I love the best.

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

maxcriden

1,292. Posted:

@darkfenrir, my pleasure. Either way you are going to have some great games to look forward to. Also, regarding Zelda: Ocarina of Time, it is considered to be one of the best games of all times and features a long and expansive quest. And I think searching for treasure in the 3D Zeldas is much more satisfying than in the 2D ones.

And @AutumnShantel, thanks for backing me up! :)

Feel free to add me!

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,293. Posted:

@maxcriden Indeed, from what I heard, they all are great games, and that actually make it harder to choose! After all, you want them all. ;u;

And anyhow, thank you everyone, for giving recommendations!

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

AutumnShantel

1,294. Posted:

Smart idea.
I beat it in like two weeks, I couldn't put it down. When I was finished, I felt like I could play through it again right away but instead I gave it to my brother's friend because he seemed to really want it but couldn't afford it at the time... He also ended up loving it. lol
It reminded me a little of the Mario and Luigi series more than a Paper Mario game, though.

Edit: I didn't read too many of either of your posts, so sorry if I'm just kind of repeating what someone else is saying to you. I saw the words "paper mario" and felt the need to say how awesome it was.

Edited on by AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,295. Posted:

@AutumnShantel That's awesome. :)

And I think I better stop overpopulating the posts, haha. XD

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

supermage65

1,296. Posted:

I cannot recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening enough. Seriously, I don't consider many games to be "must haves," but I seriously think you're missing out on something exceedingly special if you haven't played it.

I play games.
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1745-5394 | Nintendo Network ID: supermage65

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,297. Posted:

@supermage65 I presume you didn't read some of my before post, but I have played it, and I find that yes, it's a great game, but it's not what I /like/. In the end, it's going to be those game I played like it was a chore, and that won't be good, and not the right treatment for such a good game.

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,298. Posted:

@darkfenrir Have you tried Resident Evil Revelations or Kingdom HeartsM. Both also have demos in the shop and you could probably get both for the price of one game. I loved RE:R and only hear good things about Kingdom Hearts!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,299. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech Resident Evil I'll need to pass immediately, I can't stand horror, or any kind of game that has that kind of thing. v___v Kingdom Hearts I'm interested in, but then I heard that you'll get exchanged to Riku/Sora every 30 seconds or something, is that true? Because if that's true, that's... well, not exactly what I want to play.

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

supermage65

1,300. Posted:

@darkfenrir
Oops, well, at least you tried it. I'd also suggest trying Resident Evil Revelations, if you haven't already. The story's decent and the multiplayer is surprisingly solid.

edit: just saw your post, whoops.

Edited on by supermage65

I play games.
Currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection.

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1745-5394 | Nintendo Network ID: supermage65