3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,628

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,201. Posted:

@RR529

I reccomend Fire Emblem and i just got PXZ and its crazy fun so far so i reccomend that too.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,202. Posted:

@RR529 I can recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening. Over 100 hours and haven't even gone past Normal... (Trying to 100% the support log takes awhile)

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Sorry everyone, but GLaDOS has been delayed.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,203. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

So, a couple months ago I mentioned that I had saved up $20, and was asking whether or not I should get Resident Evil: Revelations, Super Street Fighter IV, or Samurai Warriors: Chronicles. Well, I decided to save up, so now I have a little over $40!

So now, I'm thinking about different games (preferrably an RPG, for length reasons). Should I get:

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Adored the demo, and is what I'm leaning towards.

Project X Zone - I enjoyed the demo, but not quite as much as FE:A. However, I love crossovers, and this seems to be crazy fun.

Etrian Odyssey IV - I enjoyed the demo, but I prefer story driven RPGs. I'm willing to reconsider though.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate - Not an RPG, I know, but I enjoyed the demo, and it interests me.

I'd say grab Project X Zone while you can still get the bonus. If you enjoyed the demo, you'll enjoy the full game even more.

Fire Emblem should probably be your next choice. It's meaty and casual-friendly for the uninitiated.

Etrian Odyssey IV is great, but if you want a story-oriented game in the series, Millenium Girl is coming out in the fall, so you might as well save up for that.

Castlevania will be their, and will likely be cheaper later on.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LabradoodleKing

1,204. Posted:

I have some extra money so I need some recommendations. I like most genres and I really enjoyed the project x zone demo.

Edited on by LabradoodleKing

[09:14] kribs: but I have some cool villagers that say some funny stuff
[09:15] kribs: others are just boring
[09:15] kribs: I'm trying to get rid of those
[09:15] PugKing: With axes?
[09:16] kribs: no!!! those are for trees... most time u__u

Pugs are awesome.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,205. Posted:

Thanks for all the replies!

It comes down to Fire Emblem: Awakening & Project X Zone, and I think I'm going for the former.

After playing both demos again, I personally find FE's layout & setup more enjoyable, and I know I'll have the option to extend my time with it with DLC at a later date, if need be.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up by Sunday.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,206. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Thanks for all the replies!

It comes down to Fire Emblem: Awakening & Project X Zone, and I think I'm going for the former.

After playing both demos again, I personally find FE's layout & setup more enjoyable, and I know I'll have the option to extend my time with it with DLC at a later date, if need be.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up by Sunday.

Good choice. FE:A is among the best games on the system.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Konata

1,207. Posted:

I'm going on a trip this week, filled with long car rides and I want to get myself a retail game to pass most of the time.
I got New Leaf, but since I usually don't play for hours and hours on end I wanted something else.
(I already have FE:A, MK7, Rhythm thief, ss:t, oot 3d, Lm:dm, hm a new beginning and pm:ss.)

I'm open to try anything. Thank you ^^.

Edited on by Konata

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,208. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I'm going on a trip this week, filled with long car rides and I want to get myself a retail game to pass most of the time.
I got New Leaf, but since I usually don't play for hours and hours on end I wanted something else.
(I already have FE:A, MK7, Rhythm thief, ss:t, oot 3d, Lm:dm, hm a new beginning and pm:ss.)

Would Tales of the Abyss be up your alley? It's been my favorite 3DS game so far.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,209. Posted:

I'm in the same boat as Konata. I've also got for to many games to list out here (and my Backlog is way out dated), just put out a list and if I have any games that you listed I'll let you. Project X Zone looks fantastic and enjoyed the demo. I have also been interested in Paper Mario, MHU3D and a few others. I would like something with a bit of meat on it though...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,210. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Etrian Odyssey IV is a meaty RPG adventure.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is a fantastic platformer, and after you complete the main game you can spend hours just searching the levels for puzzle pieces.

Devil Survivor: Overclocked is a huge strategy RPG with tons of content. The game has multiple endings, and requires several playthroughs to access all the content. Even one playthrough will keep you busy for a while. I'm not even fully finished with my first playthrough and I'm over 70 hours in to the game.

Super Mario 3D Land is another superb platformer and the best Mario-related game on the system thus far.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Jeff_Steelflex

1,211. Posted:

I've stumbled upon a late graduation present and can afford to buy two 3DS games. So far I only have Animal Crossing (And Cave Story, from the eshop) and I'm trying to decide between Starfox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land for my next couple games. Which are the best?

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,212. Posted:

@Konata
@Neo-GeoFan
Hope I'm not a little too late to the party here, but I would absolutely recommend Tales of the Abyss 3D. The story is engaging, the characters are extremely memorable, the game's world is large and engrossing, and the game mechanics are just stellar. I just can't recommend the game enough. I can only remember 2 or 3 times I choked up with man tears, this game was one of them. Definately in my top 5 games. It's one of the games that blows my mind how they made it so good. Easily, easily, the best 3DS game out now, IMO. A pinnacle of RPG perfection, if you're asking me. :)

Also, did I mention Tales of the Abyss 3D?

@Jeff_Steelflex
Haven't played SF3D or MK 7, but personally, I highly recommend DKC Returns in general. Just another amazing game to add to Retro's record. But, now I know this is the 3DS recommendations thread and all, It's probably a bit cheaper on Wii (Just thought I'd say it, in case you're like me and don't care about having it portable)

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,213. Posted:

Jeff_Steelflex wrote:

I've stumbled upon a late graduation present and can afford to buy two 3DS games. So far I only have Animal Crossing (And Cave Story, from the eshop) and I'm trying to decide between Starfox 64 3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land for my next couple games. Which are the best?

I've only played the Wii version, but I'd say DKCR3D for sure from those you listed.

As for you're second, I'd say SM3DL from the list you gave, but I'd recommend OoT3D, Tales of the Abyss, KH:DDD, PM:SS, MGS3D, DOAD, or Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy over it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,214. Posted:

Jeff_Steelflex wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are the best games on that list, but they're both platformers, so you might want to combine one of them with Mario Kart 7.

Starfox 64 3D is awesome, and looks miles better than the original SF64, but keep in mind that, unlike Mario Kart 7, it has no online multiplayer functionality.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,215. Posted:

Update: Finally got to pick up Fire Emblem: Awakening today. Can't wait to dig in later tonight.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

ping_1037

1,216. Posted:

Which game should i get animal crossing: new leaf or fire emblem awakening considering that i love fire emblem games but i often get frustrated and animal crossing is more relax but i think it is more boring.

ping_1037

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,217. Posted:

Ivan1037 wrote:

Which game should i get animal crossing: new leaf or fire emblem awakening considering that i love fire emblem games but i often get frustrated and animal crossing is more relax but i think it is more boring.

Note that I haven't played New Leaf, so I can't comment on it, but I just picked up Fire Emblem: Awakening a few days ago, and am loving it.

It can get tough (I'm only 7 chapters in, and have had a couple tough times), but it does add new things which might make it less frustrating.

You can attach a weaker troop to a stronger one, where they won't be targeted, and in some cases perform a combo attack with the stronger unit, which gives them a share of the EXP (meaning it's easier to level up weaker guys).

Just make sure you attach (support) the weaker guy to the stronger one, and not the other way around. (oh, and the more two units are paired up, they build a stronger bond that gives them stat boosts, when fighting together)

There's also a new "Casual" mode, where any of your troops that die return after the battle, instead of being dead for good.

Other than that though, it's simply a magnificent game, with that classic FE gameplay, and some wonderful visuals.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,218. Posted:

I would get New Leaf, but that's just me.

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,219. Posted:

I'm new to the SMT franchise, but I really want to try one of the games! Overclocked is already released in my region, but it'll be a pain to track down. So I was thinking of waiting for Soul Hackers or SMT IV, since they're more likely to be digitally released as well. Which of those games would probably be best for a newbie to the series?

Sidenote: Persona 4 Golden is also a no brainer when/if I get a Vita. I might just turn into a massive Atlus fan :O

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,220. Posted:

please stop referencing a situation that has been dealt with. thanks. -k8smum
@Magikarp Overclocked is worth tracking down!! If that's not an option then Soul Hackers is a good choice but does seem a bit old by todays game standards. The best option other then Overclocked is wait for SMT IV.

Edited on by k8sMum

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech