Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,669

8BitSamurai

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Anyone recommend Tales of Abyss for 3DS?

I talked about it a few pages ago, but to sum it up. Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I can't say enough good things about the game.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CrimsonFire

8BitSamurai wrote:

Hope I'm not a little too late to the party here, but I would absolutely recommend Tales of the Abyss 3D. The story is engaging, the characters are extremely memorable, the game's world is large and engrossing, and the game mechanics are just stellar. I just can't recommend the game enough. I can only remember 2 or 3 times I choked up with man tears, this game was one of them. Definately in my top 5 games. It's one of the games that blows my mind how they made it so good. Easily, easily, the best 3DS game out now, IMO. A pinnacle of RPG perfection, if you're asking me.

Also, did I mention Tales of the Abyss 3D?

thanks 8bit

RR529

Yeah, Tales of the Abyss is fantastic. It's been my favorite 3DS title, ever since I bought it March of last year. (FE:A is close to claiming that title, though)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

LaytonAprentice wrote:

I'm honestly still not sure whether or not I should get Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It definitely looks very charming but I bought Wild World a few years back and got bored with it quickly. What do you guys think? Any thoughts from anyone who hadn't been impressed with the series but still decided to give it a second go with New Leaf? I just feel really torn about it...

I've never been a huge fan since I played the Gamecube original, but New Leaf is really something special. And it's the only game enjoyed by everyone in my exceedingly opinionated and picky family.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

WebHead

Thought of getting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, but I have the Wii version and I'm unsure if better controls, 3D, easy mode, and 8 extra levels are enough to justify a $35 double dip. Can anyone disagree?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Spoony_Tech

WebHead wrote:

Thought of getting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, but I have the Wii version and I'm unsure if better controls, 3D, easy mode, and 8 extra levels are enough to justify a $35 double dip. Can anyone disagree?

I did double dip and don't regret it. I never finished the wii version and so far I'm almost to the extra levels on the 3ds version. Looks great if you have an xl but some say the screen is too small for the old 3ds. You might want to wait and see if the price drops as there is so many other great games out and coming soon

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Pokefanmum82

i was thinking of getting code of princess since it's on sale. is it worth the 19.99 price tag? is it similar to fire emblem?

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Spoony_Tech

mumof3kids82 wrote:

i was thinking of getting code of princess since it's on sale. is it worth the 19.99 price tag? is it similar to fire emblem?

Nothing like FE. Its hack and slash all the way with rpg elements in leveling and armor and weapon collecting. As for worth it I'm not yet sure as a lot of people complain about the frame rate and usually it doesn't bother me but is not all that good. People say it only slows with a lot of enemies on screen but that seem like all the time. I've yet to really sit down and play it though!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Gold

Pilotwings Resort is around $7.99-$9.99 used at my local Gamestop. Do you guys/gals recommend it?

3DS FC: 4296-3465-6223

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

Spoony_Tech

Gold wrote:

Pilotwings Resort is around $7.99-$9.99 used at my local Gamestop. Do you guys/gals recommend it?

I would say at that price your good to go. Its a nice relaxing game with really nice 3d effect! Could've been better but Pilotwings 64 raised my expectations to high!

MERG said:

Pokefanmum82

I guess I will wait until I can get SMT IV and then use the money that I have on the eShop right now towards PMD:Gates to Infinity.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

fushimushi

maxcriden wrote:

@Coldfirex44, it looks like depending on your model you might get slightly more at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_13?url=search-alias%...

Then again if you are a GameStop PUR Pro member you will get more credit on your trade-in--I think? Yeah, I just checked--10% bonus trade-in credit.

@maxcriden I just checked and Amazon gives only $24 for a DSi while GameStop offers $37 dollars or more.

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter:

darkfenrir

Anybody can recommend me games that has a lot of replaybility? I planned on buying Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, but now I wonder, will it be good to be played again and again? (I mean, Kid Icarus: Uprising is indeed fun with all the thing you can do to really replay the game, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is not shabby either in that department). And since my money is really tight, I'd wish for games that I can pick up whenever and has a lot of replaybility... :/

Any recommendations?

darkfenrir

Spoony_Tech

@darkfenrir Well going off of not knowing what you have ill say Luigi's Mansion has a nice onle that extends the game very well. Also it will take a while to 100% it as there is a lot to do. Fire Emblem will last a long while as well and tons of dlc if you want to spend the extra cash. If rpgs are your thing then I got a lot of miles out of Etrian Odyssey 4. Wait you're from Europe aren't you? Well keep an eye out for it as I beleve its out soon over there. Mario and Luigi should get you a lot of miles though so don't pass it up!

MERG said:

darkfenrir

@OldMan-Tech I currently have Kid Icarus: Uprising and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and I sold my Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, I got bored with it, you see. ^^;; I don't know, it's good, I know, but after playing it once, I know I won't play it again. But it's still a worthy purchase.

I don't play Strategy, unfortunately, my sister has Fire Emblem: Awakening and I had played them, I know it's good, but it's really not my thing. ^^;; I find myself enjoying Action-RPG and had my eyes set on 'Fantasy Life' if it ever comes out to the USA (If only it comes out, I won't have this dilemma right now). Hmmm, Etrian Odyssey I might get interested, it's dungeon-crawling, right? Although I never played any of the games before... owo

And no, I'm from Asia, which mean I follow America's. That's why I asked here, Mario and Luigi haven't come out, and I want games that I get a lot of bang out of my bucks.

darkfenrir

Spoony_Tech

@darkfenrir Well then you could dl the demo of EO4 as its the first part of the game. If you like it and purchase it all data will transfer over to the main game.

MERG said:

darkfenrir

@OldMan-Tech There's a demo for it?! Although, I heard there's going to be another Etrian Odyssey game on North America soon? And okay, thank you. I'm still open for other suggestions, though

darkfenrir

maxcriden

@darkfenrir, I would highly recommend DKCR3D as a game with a ton of replayability if you have not played it yet. I know exactly what you mean about Luigi's Mansion--it was great but the levels themselves were kind of a hassle to replay what with having to complete all of the objectives in each level each time you replay the level. DKCR3D is just bursting with replay value in comparison. I can't recommend it enough.

Feel free to add me!

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8679-1614 | Nintendo Network ID: jenmax326

darkfenrir

@maxcriden >w<;; Unfortunately, I don't really like to play platformer. The only Mario game I ever played is the RPG series for example. :/ The last time I played platformer is for Yoshi's Island on GBA and I'm... just not good at it.

darkfenrir

maxcriden

@darkfenrir, this is one of the best platformers ever! Maybe it would be a good chance to check out a new platformer since it's been a while for you? No pressure! You are just missing out on some really fun games.

Otherwise, how about Paper Mario Sticker Star? That is a fun and pretty decent length Mario RPG.

Edited to Add: Actually, if you have not played Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, that is a DS game so you would be able to play it on your 3DS, and it is extremely long as I recall. Also, have you D/L'd Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons yet?

Edited on by maxcriden

Feel free to add me!

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8679-1614 | Nintendo Network ID: jenmax326

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic