3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,829

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,121. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

And so, I have played the MH3U demo, and found it as fun, although I still not get the control just right... yet. I like using the Dual Sword, and still not sure in whether or not I should get it, or just wait and see whether MH4 will be localized in NA or not.

Do you think MH3U is good for, well, newbies?

I'm pretty sure MH4 will come to the west! As for MH3U you should get it if you enjoyed it. The main game eases you into the game better then the demo did. It really is a good game and will take up no less then 100 hours of your time if that's what you're looking for!

Alright, I'm currently very tight on money, so I guess I'll see more on, whether I'll get the hang on the underwater escapades, which means I'll be able to defeat Plesioth on the demo, and I'll immediately try to buy it, if not, well, I'll save my money and get some of the other games I'm waiting on. :T It's just sad, why don't I just try the demo while I'm at Singapore and I can avoid all this agonizing choices. -Sighs-

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

1,122. Posted:

Thanks for all the great replies everybody! Yeah Mario & Luigi: Dream Team has my interest because I LOVE that series, and really enjoyed Bowsers Inside Story. Also about RE: Revelations, it's amazing its only $17 on Amazon now. I am thinking I might order that in the next week or two just to balance out all the good wholesome fun I am getting with the Mario bros. :P I can't wait to pick up my XL tonight after work!

Also I have another "recommendation" question. What size SD card would everybody recommend? I have an 8 GB sdhc card lying around here I could use. Do people see themselves using up more than 8 gigs? If so, I could spring for a 16 gb card. I was trying to watch my $ a tiny bit, so maybe I figured I would just use this 8, and if it ever fills up, I can transfer, right?

Edited on by suburban_sensei

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,123. Posted:

@suburban_sensei You sure can transfer that data. I for one wish I picked up a 64 gig card as I've almost totally gone digital. As for your 8 gig, if you never get digital copies of retail game or maybe say less then 4 ever for the life of the system it should last the life of the system. 8gig is about 80000 blocks I believe and your average dl from the shop is around 400-2000 blocks.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

suburban_sensei

1,124. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech Thanks for the info! I have always been the type that likes physical copies, so I don't see me really using a TON of space on actual retail games. However with a portable system, having it already loaded on your system seems really convenient, so you aren't lugging around games. I would probably just buy a few Virtual Console games (only a few I see REALLY wanting when I look at the list of available games) and a few 3DSware games. Probably just stick with my 8 gig for now.

Currently Playing:
New Super Luigi U
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Earthbound

Nintendo ID: Suburban_Sensei

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,125. Posted:

@suburban_sensei - If you can, I wait a couple months before getting a new card. SD Cards should be going on sale as part of "Back to School" sales stores run in late July/early August, and you can pick up a nice 32 GB Class 4 Card for around $25 then, though a Class 10 32GB one wouldn't be that much more expensive. As for brands, I'd recommend SanDisk ones and avoid Lexar ones; I've never had a problem with the former, but I encountered reading errors that would boot you out of playing a game with prolonged use of a Lexar card.

Edited on by Birdman

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Toad160

1,126. Posted:

I still have a little money left over after buying a Wii U and have finally beat NSMBU. I am definitely buying Animal Crossing: New Leaf, but I was just wondering which game I should buy as I wait for that game to be released. I know it's only 10 days, but I really do need to extend my 3DS collection more than I have it at right now.

I've narrowed it down to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Donkey Kong Country Returns. I will end up getting the other one later, and I've heard great things about both, but which should I buy right now?

Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon X, Percy's Predicament, NES Remix
Instagram: thegreatmerlon
3DS FC: 0173-1806-9449

AuthorMessage

FrancisvonBacon

1,127. Posted:

I have been saving some cash and I was wondering, should I get Fire Emblem: Awakening or Pokemon Mystery Dungeons: Gates to Infinity? Please someone a recommendation.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3
Sandman( Sandile ) X LV. 3
2,500 Pokedollars

3DS Friend Code: 1864-9226-6000

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,128. Posted:

@Toad160 I'm going to say the same thing I said about 2 weeks or so ago and you can't go wrong with either but if you haven't played DKCR yet then get that first. You're obviously a platformer and its one of the best ever! Luigi's mansion is also great but just a mark below imo.

@SirFrancisBacon if you go by scores alone Fire Emblem blows PMD out of the water. What it comes done to is if you really like pokemon then get that but if you like strategy games even in the slightest get Fire Emblem as it will go down as one of the best games this year on any system. Both have demos in the eshop you know!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,129. Posted:

suburban_sensei wrote:

This is a GREAT topic. I had a 3DS when they first came out, but got rid of it, for a few reasons (one, it was a tad uncomfortable.) I am so excited to be getting a 3DS XL tomorrow, and getting back in the swing of things. The XL is more comfortable in my hand, and the library of games is SO much better now that it's had some time to grow. About the recommendations, I know my first 2 games I am getting will be:

-Super Mario 3D Land
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I was thinking about getting a couple more games a few months later, anybody have any ideas for games that would complement those games nicely?

Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 are both excellent.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,130. Posted:

So after getting hooked on Guardian Heroes on XBLA, and finding out that Code of Princess is very similar I am thinking of picking it up. Only thing though how active is the online community and would it be worth it picking it up now for 20 dollars?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

dissembled

1,131. Posted:

I have Pokemon Black II but am considering the earlier iterations (Black I/White I). I know that by purchasing White I, I will obtain the same legendary Pokemon that is found in Black II (which I own). How about wild Pokemon though? Are they the the same in both? I'm still unsure whether I should purchase Black I or White I. Which should I purchase? Please keep in mind however, that as stated before, I already own Black II.

I believe in science and that science can explain everything,
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way.
.anonymous

3DS Friend Code: 2337-3481-7203 | Nintendo Network ID: Absence-Of-Faith

AuthorMessage

Birdman

1,132. Posted:

dissembled wrote:

I have Pokemon Black II but am considering the earlier iterations (Black I/White I). I know that by purchasing White I, I will obtain the same legendary Pokemon that is found in Black II (which I own). How about wild Pokemon though? Are they the the same in both? I'm still unsure whether I should purchase Black I or White I. Which should I purchase? Please keep in mind however, that as stated before, I already own Black II.

That sounds like something you could research yourself here. I've only played Black 2 myself, so I couldn't tell you the differences between Black and White or 1 and 2.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

1,133. Posted:

is heroes of ruin worth playing? I can get it for 19.99 at futureshop. Just not sure I really want it. I've played the demo and liked that, but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

BrittGOAL14

1,134. Posted:

Stuck between 3 main games: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Animal Crossing New Leaf and the new Harvest Moon. Hmmm.

Also, has anyone played FIFA on the 3DS? Contemplating getting that eventually, if the graphics are up to par.

BrittGOAL14

3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | Twitter: BrittanyYoungx

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,135. Posted:

So I have around $20 saved up, and am looking to spend it next week, and my options are:

• Resident Evil: Revelations (looks fantastic, and I enjoyed the demo, but for some reason, it just doesn't really excite me)
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (owned in the past, and miss it. Tempted to grab it again, but dissuaded knowing that I'd be opting out of a new experience)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (same issue as above listing. I own DOAD though, so I already have a fighter I enjoy)
  • Nintendo eShop Card for Zelda Oracles & Starship Damrey (tempting, but it's been about six months since my last retail purchase, and I'm running low on SD card space, too)

(I'd be much more excited for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV, NSMB2, or Fire Emblem: Awakening, but none of those have dipped below $30 yet, from what I've scouted).

So, which of these choices sound like the best bet? (other suggestions are welcome)

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,136. Posted:

Wait another week or two until you get enough to buy Fire Emblem, that's all you need. But you could go with Option 4 if you want to, especially with the discounts for both zelda games.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,137. Posted:

@RR529 Resident Evil is a great game at 40$ so you know its even better at 20$ but if its games you want then go with option 4 because I really don't think Fire Emblem will drop that low till maybe CHRISTmas or later next year!

@mumof3kids82 That's a tough one. Its enjoyable but its not really a long game. You can play it online but its more fun if you have a friend or 3 to play it with. Otherwise 20$ isn't too bad but don't eexpect to be playing it much on single player after about 10-15 hours. Its really ashame to as that type of game begs to be played for a long time.

@BrittGOAL14 Luigi's Mansion is a great game and you can't go wrong with that and it should be played by everyone that owns a 3ds.

Animal crossing will give you the most miles though if that what your looking for however some people can get bored with it but most can play that for a year straight.

Oh and I hear a lot of good things about Harvest Moon so I don't think you really can go wrong with any of thos choices.

@Tasuki I wish I could answer your question as I would like to know but I do have a few friends that swear by it and seem to love it. From what I gather its a some what healthy community!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,138. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

So I have around $20 saved up, and am looking to spend it next week, and my options are:

• Resident Evil: Revelations (looks fantastic, and I enjoyed the demo, but for some reason, it just doesn't really excite me)
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (owned in the past, and miss it. Tempted to grab it again, but dissuaded knowing that I'd be opting out of a new experience)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (same issue as above listing. I own DOAD though, so I already have a fighter I enjoy)
  • Nintendo eShop Card for Zelda Oracles & Starship Damrey (tempting, but it's been about six months since my last retail purchase, and I'm running low on SD card space, too)

(I'd be much more excited for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV, NSMB2, or Fire Emblem: Awakening, but none of those have dipped below $30 yet, from what I've scouted).

So, which of these choices sound like the best bet? (other suggestions are welcome)

Honestly out of that bunch I would go with the Zelda games on VC but since you said that you are running low on SD card space I would just save a bit more and either get Castlevania, or Fire Emblem.

As far as NSMB2 goes Mario games never really go down. Heck just now is can I find a used copy of Mario Kart DS for $25 so you might have to wait a bit for NSMB2 to go down.

I have never played Fire Emblem since those type of games don't appeal to me but if that type of game appeals to you than I don't think you can go wrong with that game. I notice that alot of people around here are really enjoying it.

As for Castlevania I have that one and I really enjoy. Dont let the low review scores discourage you from this game most of those reviews I hate to say are done by people blinded by nostalgia. Its really a great game and feels more like a Castlevania game than LoS on the Xbox did.

As for Code of Princess I have yet to play that one too but I am looking to pick it up myself. If you like brawler type games like Final Fight, Golden Axe etc or have played the game Guardian Heroes on XBLA or Saturn than you will enjoy it (at least thats what I am hearing). I was just introduced to Guardian Heroes myself the other day and I am totally loving the game. I was a fan of brawlers back in the 16 bit era and the rpg elements in it are really nice. If Code of Princess follows that formula than it will be great too which is why I am looking into it.

Anyway hope that helps.

@Oldman-Tech; Ok well I will look into here the next few days thanks for the answer.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,139. Posted:

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I usually save up only around $3 a week, so if I opt for a brand new Fire Emblem or Castlevania, it'll probably take me another month or two. I may just try saving up to $30, seeing what I could grab for that, and if I can't find anything, jump on RE:R.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,140. Posted:

What should I get on 3DSVC? Castlevania, Megaman II, or Megaman III?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital