Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 2,532

Spoony_Tech

@RR529 Resident Evil is a great game at 40$ so you know its even better at 20$ but if its games you want then go with option 4 because I really don't think Fire Emblem will drop that low till maybe CHRISTmas or later next year!

@mumof3kids82 That's a tough one. Its enjoyable but its not really a long game. You can play it online but its more fun if you have a friend or 3 to play it with. Otherwise 20$ isn't too bad but don't eexpect to be playing it much on single player after about 10-15 hours. Its really ashame to as that type of game begs to be played for a long time.

@BrittGOAL14 Luigi's Mansion is a great game and you can't go wrong with that and it should be played by everyone that owns a 3ds.

Animal crossing will give you the most miles though if that what your looking for however some people can get bored with it but most can play that for a year straight.

Oh and I hear a lot of good things about Harvest Moon so I don't think you really can go wrong with any of thos choices.

@Tasuki I wish I could answer your question as I would like to know but I do have a few friends that swear by it and seem to love it. From what I gather its a some what healthy community!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

RR529 wrote:

So I have around $20 saved up, and am looking to spend it next week, and my options are:

• Resident Evil: Revelations (looks fantastic, and I enjoyed the demo, but for some reason, it just doesn't really excite me)
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (owned in the past, and miss it. Tempted to grab it again, but dissuaded knowing that I'd be opting out of a new experience)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (same issue as above listing. I own DOAD though, so I already have a fighter I enjoy)
  • Nintendo eShop Card for Zelda Oracles & Starship Damrey (tempting, but it's been about six months since my last retail purchase, and I'm running low on SD card space, too)

(I'd be much more excited for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate, Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey IV, NSMB2, or Fire Emblem: Awakening, but none of those have dipped below $30 yet, from what I've scouted).

So, which of these choices sound like the best bet? (other suggestions are welcome)

Honestly out of that bunch I would go with the Zelda games on VC but since you said that you are running low on SD card space I would just save a bit more and either get Castlevania, or Fire Emblem.

As far as NSMB2 goes Mario games never really go down. Heck just now is can I find a used copy of Mario Kart DS for $25 so you might have to wait a bit for NSMB2 to go down.

I have never played Fire Emblem since those type of games don't appeal to me but if that type of game appeals to you than I don't think you can go wrong with that game. I notice that alot of people around here are really enjoying it.

As for Castlevania I have that one and I really enjoy. Dont let the low review scores discourage you from this game most of those reviews I hate to say are done by people blinded by nostalgia. Its really a great game and feels more like a Castlevania game than LoS on the Xbox did.

As for Code of Princess I have yet to play that one too but I am looking to pick it up myself. If you like brawler type games like Final Fight, Golden Axe etc or have played the game Guardian Heroes on XBLA or Saturn than you will enjoy it (at least thats what I am hearing). I was just introduced to Guardian Heroes myself the other day and I am totally loving the game. I was a fan of brawlers back in the 16 bit era and the rpg elements in it are really nice. If Code of Princess follows that formula than it will be great too which is why I am looking into it.

Anyway hope that helps.

@Oldman-Tech; Ok well I will look into here the next few days thanks for the answer.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I usually save up only around $3 a week, so if I opt for a brand new Fire Emblem or Castlevania, it'll probably take me another month or two. I may just try saving up to $30, seeing what I could grab for that, and if I can't find anything, jump on RE:R.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Chaotix

Should I be getting Mario and luigi dream team or Yoshi's island 3ds?

Favorite game: Shadow the Hedgehog
Currently playing: F-Zero, shadow the hedgehog, sonic unleashed, sonic classic collection, super mario sunshine, and sonic adventure DX

Spoony_Tech

Chaotix wrote:

Should I be getting Mario and luigi dream team or Yoshi's island 3ds?

You are asking a question no one can answer since both of the games are not even out yet. I personally lean towards M&L because I've played all in the series. Plus I enjoy rpgs more then platformers.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Ralizah

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

What should I get on 3DSVC? Castlevania, Megaman II, or Megaman III?

I've replayed Mega Man 2 more than any of my other VC games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

Ihsoy

I recommend for anyone to play fire emblem awakening, it is a great game, especially if your a fan of the series. If you are not a fan of the series, you can still enjoy casual mode.

"Do a barrel roll" Peppy, Star Fox 64

FrancisvonBacon

@OldMan-Tech I tried out the demos and I am definitely getting Fire Emblem, I wish to thank you for your help.

Metallica shall always have a place in my heart Mega brony! Rarity is best pony.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Roleplaying Frank's Team:
Flare( Flareon ) X LV. 35
Aip( Aipom ) X LV. 2
Wadd( Sewaddle ) X LV. 3
Sandman( Sandile ) X LV. 3
2,500 Pokedollars

Rx2Techz

Yo #Team3ds, what should I get I'm having a hard time choosing what to get its between fire emblem: awakening, and Pokemon black 2
Also could you guys recommend some others that you think I'm thinking of trading in my summer Mario land for something else or so I can get two games a Lil cheaper

ADD MY DAMN FC:4828-4500-2196 thank you

Twitter:

Rx2Techz

Hey guys what do u think I should buy zelda ocarina of time or fire emblem awakening

ADD MY DAMN FC:4828-4500-2196 thank you

Twitter:

Ralizah

Rx2Techz wrote:

Hey guys what do u think I should buy zelda ocarina of time or fire emblem awakening

Depends. Do you prefer action-adventure or strategy games? I think Fire Emblem is the best game on the system right now, so I would definitely recommend that.

Ralizah

Kenchi

I am more a fan of adventure and Zelda than I am of SRPGs. I would go with Ocarina.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

Whopper744

Fire Emblem is a great game, but nothing beats OOT for me. Plus, I'd say more people could play Ocarina before Fire Emblem. I'd go with Ocarina of Time.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...)

-John 3:16

Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Tasuki

For me I dont enjoy the type of game Fire Emblem is, I would go with Zelda hands down. However if you like those type of games or played the other Fire Emblem games than I would say get that one main cause all the positive stuff I keep hearing about that one, especially from people who like those type of games or have played the other games in the series.

My Backlog

GabrielT

I have a recommendation. If they can make pilot wings resort on the 3ds, Why not make wii resort? What about add wii go vacation on the 3ds, add more free downloadable stuff like apps and more sonic games!

GT

Tasuki

GabrielT wrote:

I have a recommendation. If they can make pilot wings resort on the 3ds, Why not make wii resort? What about add wii go vacation on the 3ds, add more free downloadable stuff like apps and more sonic games!

Um I think this is more for what games to buy rather than what games should be made kinda of thread.

My Backlog

GabrielT

Oh and guys, Save up. GET SONIC LOST WORLDS . The blue blur is returning. And cheers Tasuki.

GT

Ralizah

GabrielT wrote:

Oh and guys, Save up. GET SONIC LOST WORLDS . The blue blur is returning. And cheers Tasuki.

Meh. Other games coming out that I want more.

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

GabrielT wrote:

Meh. Other games coming out that I want more.

I'd rather buy NSMB2 and Mutant Mudds again before I go anywhere near that Hedgehogf!

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic