3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,891

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

1,061. Posted:

Wow, Gold Star! I would recommend both the original, The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave and also the forthcoming sequel, The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves, I thought the original was a great game, but having seen the forthcoming improvements in the sequel, I can safely say the sequel will definitely a blast.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,062. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Are there any Beat em ups or hack and slash games for the 3DS that are any good.

P.S I already have Code of Princess

Samurai Warriors Chronicles is pretty good. Not many other notable choices, though.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,063. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Woah, it's stickied. :O

WE HAVE THAT NOW!?!?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BrittGOAL14

1,064. Posted:

Massive Mario fan...

What're the best Mario games out there?!

Edited on by BrittGOAL14

BrittGOAL14

3DS Friend Code: 0619-3807-4819 | Twitter: BrittanyYoungx

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,065. Posted:

I'm having a hard time deciding if I buy monster hunter 3 ultimate(I don't have a Wiiu so it's the 3DS version), fire emblem awakening, paper mario:SS(I know people say the RPG elements were removed but I kind of like it because there's no need to got endlessly fighting to get more EXP), professor layton and the miracle mask
or some other game in those lines(colorful and lighthearted like paper mario:SS or prof.layton:MM or Hard RPG like fire emblem:A or MH3U3ds)

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,066. Posted:

It really depends on what you're looking for. If you want a long game you can play for 100s of hours MH is perfect. Frie emblem has so much dlc it will last for a long time as well. I think paper mario is a fun experience and definitly worth the pick up. Awesome music as well. You really can't go wrong with any of those choices it just all comes down to what you want to play!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

1,067. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

It really depends on what you're looking for. If you want a long game you can play for 100s of hours MH is perfect. Frie emblem has so much dlc it will last for a long time as well. I think paper mario is a fun experience and definitly worth the pick up. Awesome music as well. You really can't go wrong with any of those choices it just all comes down to what you want to play!

then I'll go for paper mario I'm a little hesitant because people criticize it so much but it is also the one I want the most!
thanks for the help!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,068. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Woah, it's stickied. :O

WE HAVE THAT NOW!?!?

I assume that's what the stars mean. :)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Mr_Vengeance

1,069. Posted:

BrittGOAL14 wrote:

Massive Mario fan...

Pretty much ever game on 3DS with Mario in is worth playing in my view, apart from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, which I have not played myself personally, outside of the demo. Paper Mario has some superb levels, gorgeous graphics and highly enjoyable gameplay, though you will get stuck in it sometimes for silly reasons.... 3D Land and NSMB2 are excellent, with great level designs and tonnes of gameplay. I prefer the latter as it doesn't have the camera problems of the former. Mario Tennis Open and Mario Kart 7 offer a lot of portable fun in the long term too.

In short, buy them all at some point when you can :)

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

DarkCoolEdge

1,070. Posted:

Fire Emblem is even better than what I expected it to be and what the demo shows too. It's going to be worth every cent of the 45€ (+4€ worth of dlc) it cost me, which is the highest I've paid for a game in a long time.

Currently playing: check my backloggery
http://www.backloggery.com/DarkCoolEdge

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5151-4824 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkCoolEdge | Twitter: darkcooledge

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,071. Posted:

Mr_Vengeance wrote:

BrittGOAL14 wrote:

Massive Mario fan...

Pretty much ever game on 3DS with Mario in is worth playing in my view, apart from Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, which I have not played myself personally, outside of the demo. Paper Mario has some superb levels, gorgeous graphics and highly enjoyable gameplay, though you will get stuck in it sometimes for silly reasons.... 3D Land and NSMB2 are excellent, with great level designs and tonnes of gameplay. I prefer the latter as it doesn't have the camera problems of the former. Mario Tennis Open and Mario Kart 7 offer a lot of portable fun in the long term too.

In short, buy them all at some point when you can :)

3D Land doesn't have any camera problems. 100%'ed the game and never once had an issue with the camera. The camera always shows just the right angle to make gameplay fun and convenient. Unless you mean you prefer the 2D style to judging distances in 3 dimensions.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Mr_Vengeance

1,072. Posted:

It might be my eyes, but I find it easier to gauge where Mario is going in 2D as aa opposed to 3D usually.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 6960 3230

Currently playing: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,073. Posted:

Can anyone recommend Heroes of Ruin? I haven't played Super Mario 3D Land in a couple months and I was thinking of selling it for HoR (and a LoZ: Oracle game) but so far I've heard mixed things on it.

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,074. Posted:

I wouldn't pay anymore then 20$ for heroes of ruin. It does have its fun but. Its far to repetitive and once you level up there really isn't. Much to do after hat. Plus you will level fast as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,075. Posted:

Oh well that's unfortunate. Any other recommendations for trading Super Mario 3D Land for?

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,076. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Oh well that's unfortunate. Any other recommendations for trading Super Mario 3D Land for?

Rhythm Thief?
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,077. Posted:

@SkywardLink98 - I'm afraid I have no idea what you own besides Fire Emblem, Zelda, and Super Mario 3D Land...Do you have anything else so I know what not to recommend?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

1,078. Posted:

@Ralizah Ok, thanks for the recommendations. They both sounds pretty fun from what I understand :)
@CaniWolfred My retail collection consists of Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Super Mario 3D Land, and Theatrhythm.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,079. Posted:

I'm assuming you like all of them, yes?

You'll probably enjoy Rhythm Thief, since it's a great rhythm game with Point 'n' Click adventure and puzzle elements. It'll be very difficult to find at a Gamestop, though...

Devil Survivor Overclocked is a great SRPG with Traditional RPG elements. It's got quite the interesting story with great characters. There's a lot of replay value if you want the different paths and conversations, too. It can be quite difficult, though, and a bit of grinding between major battles is necessary to keep up. You'll need it for the Skill Links and getting Macca to buy and fuse new demons. It can be difficult to find, but not too difficult. Make sure to look in new, since people don't trade in SMT games very often, and for good reason, too.

I don't know how interested you are in traditional RPGs, but there's Tales of the Abyss, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers that I can recommend if you are.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,080. Posted:

Etrian Odyssey IV is the best 3DS RPG on the market right now. It even has a casual mode if you're turned off by the brutal difficulty characteristic of the series' gameplay. It gives you a huge number of lands to explore and you can customize your party however you like.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is getting good reviews, and comes out in a few days.

Again, Rhythm Thief is excellent, and I recommend it.

How about Luigi's Mansion 2? Interested in that at all?