Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 2,669

darkfenrir

Rx2Techz wrote:

Ok got a question I just bought a 3DS can u guys start me off with some good titles nd some starter rpg games I've never really got into rpg games but everyone I knw has at least 2 in there collection nd the suggestions can be older games too I'm not picky jus trying to create my Nintendo life

I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and really pleased with them. So those two are a must-get in my books! I don't have much to recommend though since I don't have that much games in 3DS...

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Rx2Techz

darkfenrir wrote:

Rx2Techz wrote:

Ok got a question I just bought a 3DS can u guys start me off with some good titles nd some starter rpg games I've never really got into rpg games but everyone I knw has at least 2 in there collection nd the suggestions can be older games too I'm not picky jus trying to create my Nintendo life

I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, and really pleased with them. So those two are a must-get in my books! I don't have much to recommend though since I don't have that much games in 3DS...

I was looking at kid icurus I think I will get that.... Hey add my friend code

ADD MY DAMN FC:4828-4500-2196 thank you

Twitter:

darkfenrir

@Rx2Techz I'm not sure for the friend code thing since I almost never use the online mode for my 3DS, ^^;; I'm more of the lone gamer type... Unless we met at RL that is.

darkfenrir

RR529

Rx2Techz wrote:

When it comes to easier RPGs to get into, Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance & Paper Mario: Sticker Star would be your best bets.

Picdun 2: the Witch's Curse (eShop) may also be worth a look, but while it's battles are pretty easy, figuring your way around the dungeon can get really tricky later on.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Spoony_Tech

darkfenrir wrote:

And I also see that Monster Hunter 4 seems to be even better than MH3U, but never playing this kind of game makes me think on whether I should or shouldn't... What do you guys think?

If you got use to the controls in KI:U then monster hunter shouldn't be a problem. Try the demo first but don't use that as a final decision as its not the best but it does give you a taste of the combat. I for one think its beautiful on the 3ds and love it! It will suck away all your time though for as to fully enjoy it and complete it it will take upwards of 200 hours. Under water controls is the biggest problem though. I have the cpp and it can be the only problem with this game.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Etrian Odyssey IV is the best pure RPG on the system. Normal mode is kind of brutal, but there is also a casual mode for RPG newbies.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is more of a strategy RPG, but it is absolutely stellar and also has customizable difficulty. Probably the best overall game on the system.

Also, look into getting Crimson Shroud, a creative, tabletop-themed download only RPG.

Welcome to Nintendo Life

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

darkfenrir

OldMan-Tech wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

And I also see that Monster Hunter 4 seems to be even better than MH3U, but never playing this kind of game makes me think on whether I should or shouldn't... What do you guys think?

If you got use to the controls in KI:U then monster hunter shouldn't be a problem. Try the demo first but don't use that as a final decision as its not the best but it does give you a taste of the combat. I for one think its beautiful on the 3ds and love it! It will suck away all your time though for as to fully enjoy it and complete it it will take upwards of 200 hours. Under water controls is the biggest problem though. I have the cpp and it can be the only problem with this game.

Ah, alright! Thank you for you suggestions.

I, for myself, don't think the control for KI: U is hard (especially if you use the weapons that are considerably easier, like blades and claws).

darkfenrir

WebHead

I am planning to get another retail 3DS game soon and I need suggestions. This is what I got at retail since first owning one:
OoT 3D, RE Mercenaries, S3DL, Mario Kart, KI: U RE Revelations, Sonic Generations, NSMB 2, FE: A, and Dark Moon.

Suggestions?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

RR529

WebHead wrote:

I am planning to get another retail 3DS game soon and I need suggestions. This is what I got at retail since first owning one:
OoT 3D, RE Mercenaries, S3DL, Mario Kart, KI: U RE Revelations, Sonic Generations, NSMB 2, FE: A, and Dark Moon.

Suggestions?

• Tales of the Abyss (great RPG, that'll last you 50-70 hours, depending on if you do side quests)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (one of the best games in history, now in your pocket)
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions (the best fighter on the system, IMO. Even has a Metroid arena, featuring Ridley as a stage hazard)
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star (a unique take on the Paper Mario formula, that's charming & very fun once you warm up to it)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (another great RPG. Not essential unless you're already a KH fan, though)
  • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (fun hack n' slash, with over 40 characters to play as, with a fun twist on Japanese history)
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (not quite as good as DOAD, but still a fine game you could get lots of time from)

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peachy

WebHead wrote:

Suggestions?

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is a great platformer (don't know if you've played the Wii version)

Never thought I'd love the pink/white 3DS XL ♥
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3DS Friend Code: I'll post it eventually xD

Rx2Techz

Hey what are some must have games I should pick up I have luigis mansion, dk3D, kdh DDD, nd kid icurus, what are some greats

ADD MY DAMN FC:4828-4500-2196 thank you

Twitter:

RR529

@Rx2Techz

RR529 wrote:

• Tales of the Abyss (great RPG, that'll last you 50-70 hours, depending on if you do side quests)
    • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (one of the best games in history, now in your pocket)
    • Dead or Alive Dimensions (the best fighter on the system, IMO. Even has a Metroid arena, featuring Ridley as a stage hazard)
    • Paper Mario: Sticker Star (a unique take on the Paper Mario formula, that's charming & very fun once you warm up to it)
    • Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (fun hack n' slash, with over 40 characters to play as, with a fun twist on Japanese history)
    • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (not quite as good as DOAD, but still a fine game you could get lots of time from)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

suburban_sensei

This is a GREAT topic. I had a 3DS when they first came out, but got rid of it, for a few reasons (one, it was a tad uncomfortable.) I am so excited to be getting a 3DS XL tomorrow, and getting back in the swing of things. The XL is more comfortable in my hand, and the library of games is SO much better now that it's had some time to grow. About the recommendations, I know my first 2 games I am getting will be:

-Super Mario 3D Land
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

I was thinking about getting a couple more games a few months later, anybody have any ideas for games that would complement those games nicely?

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Spoony_Tech

suburban_sensei wrote:

This is a GREAT topic. I had a 3DS when they first came out, but got rid of it, for a few reasons (one, it was a tad uncomfortable.) I am so excited to be getting a 3DS XL tomorrow, and getting back in the swing of things. The XL is more comfortable in my hand, and the library of games is SO much better now that it's had some time to grow. About the recommendations, I know my first 2 games I am getting will be:

-Super Mario 3D Land

I was thinking about getting a couple more games a few months later, anybody have any ideas for games that would complement those games nicely?

As always KID ICARUS KID ICARUS KID ICARUS! Also good and cheaper is Resident Evil Revelations. Not sure if you like Fire Emblem style of games but get that and check out Ghost Recon Shadow Wars if you didn't get it the first go around. It would help to tell us what type of games you like. There is a good health of rpgs out now and coming soon.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Whopper744

suburban_sensei wrote:

-Super Mario 3D Land

Two great choices!

Along with those two, I'd have to say either Kid Icarus Uprising, Zelda : OOT, or maybe Mario Kart 7. Or DK Returns if you don't have the Wii game.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

darkfenrir

suburban_sensei wrote:

-Super Mario 3D Land

From the fact that you seem to be getting the Mario or Luigi's game, it seems you might find Mario and Luigi: Dream Team going to be a choice, unfortunately, that one is going to be a long wait.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

And so, I have played the MH3U demo, and found it as fun, although I still not get the control just right... yet. I like using the Dual Sword, and still not sure in whether or not I should get it, or just wait and see whether MH4 will be localized in NA or not.

Do you think MH3U is good for, well, newbies?

darkfenrir

Spoony_Tech

darkfenrir wrote:

And so, I have played the MH3U demo, and found it as fun, although I still not get the control just right... yet. I like using the Dual Sword, and still not sure in whether or not I should get it, or just wait and see whether MH4 will be localized in NA or not.

I'm pretty sure MH4 will come to the west! As for MH3U you should get it if you enjoyed it. The main game eases you into the game better then the demo did. It really is a good game and will take up no less then 100 hours of your time if that's what you're looking for!

MERG said:

darkfenrir

OldMan-Tech wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

I'm pretty sure MH4 will come to the west! As for MH3U you should get it if you enjoyed it. The main game eases you into the game better then the demo did. It really is a good game and will take up no less then 100 hours of your time if that's what you're looking for!

Alright, I'm currently very tight on money, so I guess I'll see more on, whether I'll get the hang on the underwater escapades, which means I'll be able to defeat Plesioth on the demo, and I'll immediately try to buy it, if not, well, I'll save my money and get some of the other games I'm waiting on. :T It's just sad, why don't I just try the demo while I'm at Singapore and I can avoid all this agonizing choices. -Sighs-

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic