Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,669

SkywardLink98

@Ralizah Ok, thanks for the recommendations. They both sounds pretty fun from what I understand
@CaniWolfred My retail collection consists of Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Super Mario 3D Land, and Theatrhythm.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CanisWolfred

I'm assuming you like all of them, yes?

You'll probably enjoy Rhythm Thief, since it's a great rhythm game with Point 'n' Click adventure and puzzle elements. It'll be very difficult to find at a Gamestop, though...

Devil Survivor Overclocked is a great SRPG with Traditional RPG elements. It's got quite the interesting story with great characters. There's a lot of replay value if you want the different paths and conversations, too. It can be quite difficult, though, and a bit of grinding between major battles is necessary to keep up. You'll need it for the Skill Links and getting Macca to buy and fuse new demons. It can be difficult to find, but not too difficult. Make sure to look in new, since people don't trade in SMT games very often, and for good reason, too.

I don't know how interested you are in traditional RPGs, but there's Tales of the Abyss, Etrian Odyssey IV, and Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers that I can recommend if you are.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

Etrian Odyssey IV is the best 3DS RPG on the market right now. It even has a casual mode if you're turned off by the brutal difficulty characteristic of the series' gameplay. It gives you a huge number of lands to explore and you can customize your party however you like.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is getting good reviews, and comes out in a few days.

Again, Rhythm Thief is excellent, and I recommend it.

How about Luigi's Mansion 2? Interested in that at all?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

SkywardLink98

@Ralizah Thanks for the recommendations, and I'm not interested in Luigi's Mansion 2.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Spoony_Tech

All those recommendations from the other two users are really great! Just to add to them Resident Evil Revelations, Ace Combat: AHL, and i really loved Paper Mario Sticker Star though it gets mixed reviews its still a fun game imo. The first two can be found rather cheap now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rx2Techz

So im a noob to the 3ds can anyone get me started with my collection i have Luigis Mansion ark moon and going to Buy Kid icarus tomorrow what else should i get im open to everything and anything o and add my friend code its in my signature

ADD MY DAMN FC:4828-4500-2196 thank you

Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rx2Techz: Welcome to Nintendo Life. If you haven't played it yet I suggest Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS. For one thing you can probably find it for $20 which is nice. Also if you are a fan of the series especially the older games than you will enjoy this game alot.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

Rx2Techz wrote:

So im a noob to the 3ds can anyone get me started with my collection i have Luigis Mansion ark moon and going to Buy Kid icarus tomorrow what else should i get im open to everything and anything o and add my friend code its in my signature

Some of my favorites:

• Tales of the Abyss - epic 50 hour JRPG, with interesting characters, a large world, fun & easy to grasp battle system, and a bright colorful pallet. (Namco Bandai. Rated T).
  • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - One of the most classic games in existence, now in your pocket. Deep story, unique & memorable bosses, and great stealth gameplay (Konami. Rated M).
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions - The top fighter on the system, IMO, with a fast & fluid battle system, loads to unlock (including a Metroid themed arena), and loads of content (Story, Arcade, Online, Tag Challenge, Training, VS, and more) (Tecmo Koei. Rated T).
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy - Fun arcade style dogfighter, with a branching story mode, achievements, unlockable challenge missions, and over 20 real world (and a few not so real) aircraft to unlock (Namco Bandai. Rated T).
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - Great action RPG, with top notch visuals, and different ways to build your team & develop your characters. You'll get the most from it if you're already a series fan, though (Square Enix. Rated E10+).
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - An all time gaming classic, now revamped & better than ever (Nintendo. Rated E).
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star - It makes some changes to the series formula, but I found it to be a fun romp, with a fun vibe, and I found the sticker mechanic intriguing (Nintendo. Rated E).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DefHalan

Fire Emblem has a lot of content which will keep you busy for weeks and DLC, free and paid, which adds even more

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Rx2Techz

RR529 wrote:

Rx2Techz wrote:

Some of my favorites:

• Tales of the Abyss - epic 50 hour JRPG, with interesting characters, a large world, fun & easy to grasp battle system, and a bright colorful pallet. (Namco Bandai. Rated T).
  • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - One of the most classic games in existence, now in your pocket. Deep story, unique & memorable bosses, and great stealth gameplay (Konami. Rated M).
  • Dead or Alive Dimensions - The top fighter on the system, IMO, with a fast & fluid battle system, loads to unlock (including a Metroid themed arena), and loads of content (Story, Arcade, Online, Tag Challenge, Training, VS, and more) (Tecmo Koei. Rated T).
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy - Fun arcade style dogfighter, with a branching story mode, achievements, unlockable challenge missions, and over 20 real world (and a few not so real) aircraft to unlock (Namco Bandai. Rated T).
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance - Great action RPG, with top notch visuals, and different ways to build your team & develop your characters. You'll get the most from it if you're already a series fan, though (Square Enix. Rated E10+).
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - An all time gaming classic, now revamped & better than ever (Nintendo. Rated E).
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star - It makes some changes to the series formula, but I found it to be a fun romp, with a fun vibe, and I found the sticker mechanic intriguing (Nintendo. Rated E).

RR529 I ADDED UR FC

Twitter:

RR529

Rx2Techz wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Rx2Techz wrote:

Some of my favorites:

RR529 I ADDED UR FC

Thanks! I'll add yours too (although it'll be a bit, I have something I've got to do).

EDIT: You've been added

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Raro

Hey, am trying to choose my final game for the "So Many Games" promotion in Europe.
Any suggestions?

Currently Own: SM3DL, NSMB2, PRB, LoZ:OoT, KI:U, MK7, RE:R
Awaiting: FE:A, LM2, AC (download)

Currently stuck between choosing from these three games: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Monster Hunter & Donkey Kong

PMD:
Loved Blue Rescue Team and thought this would be a great way to get back into the series. Haven't heard the best things about it though Both story and gameplay wise Not as many pokemon to collect either. Comments?

MH3:
Heaps of gameplay and stuff to do. How similar is this to Kid Icarus - Better / Worse? Is it playable without CPP? Any comments?

DK:CR:
Heard some great things about this as well. How similar is it to NSMB2 - better / worse? If you've played it on Wii / XBox / PS3, how does it compare to Rayman Origins?

Which would you choose of the three? Any thoughts on them? Thanks!

Raro

Pokefanmum82

MH3 and PMD Gates to Infinity both have demos on the eShop that you can download so you can try them out.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Jaz007

@Rx2Techz Samurai Warriors: Chronicles is great game. It shouldn't be too expensive now either. (You can get it for $15 at GameStop)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Spoony_Tech

@Raro If you haven't played DKCR then I strongly suggest you get that one. Its way better then mario imo and somewhat similar to Rayman origins. You also can't go wrong with Monster Hunter. It will keep you busy for well over 100 hours!

Oh and MH is nothing like KI:U. I still think KI:U is the best the 3ds has to offer!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rx2Techz

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Raro If you haven't played DKCR then I strongly suggest you get that one. Its way better then mario imo and somewhat similar to Rayman origins. You
also can't go wrong with Monster Hunter. It will keep you busy for well over 100 hours!

Oh and MH is nothing like KI:U. I still think KI:U is the best the 3ds has to offer!

Old Man tech I added ur friend code

Twitter:

RR529

Jaz007 wrote:

@Rx2Techz Samurai Warriors: Chronicles is great game. It shouldn't be too expensive now either. (You can get it for $15 at GameStop)

I second the recommendation. I bought it during launch, and loved it.

I did end up selling it last summer, but I soon regreted it, and hope to pick it up again.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

darkfenrir

Alright, you guys are awesome when I'm asking for that recommendation of KI: U and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I'm pleased with both of them (since I apparently have enough money), but currently, I'm more please of KI: U, it's more addictive and the fighting is really awesome! I just wish that the camera automatically moves, but it's okay, it's quite intuitive, I don't have much problem with it overall.

And I also have a question, is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate really worth it? I'm not sure, especially since I heard some that it's really either you like it... or you don't. Comments?

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

And I also see that Monster Hunter 4 seems to be even better than MH3U, but never playing this kind of game makes me think on whether I should or shouldn't... What do you guys think?

darkfenrir

Rx2Techz

Ok got a question I just bought a 3DS can u guys start me off with some good titles nd some starter rpg games I've never really got into rpg games but everyone I knw has at least 2 in there collection nd the suggestions can be older games too I'm not picky jus trying to create my Nintendo life

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic