Topic: 3DS or new tablet?

Posts 181 to 200 of 201

Happy_Mask

Oh no, somebody's hitting on waltz again. D:

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Auracle

@DarkKnight - I've posted twice. I wouldn't call that obsessed. I know that this thread was created for the purpose of asking for a recommendation, not for debating iOS vs 3DS. I would be annoyed if my thread had deviated from its original intention. Not to mention that there is already a thread for this very topic. No need turning this one into a double is there?

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

KAHN

silly rabbit, 3DS' are for kids!
Untitled

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

retired_account

WhiteKnight wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, it seems like there are a lot of touch-only DS games that'd work really well on iOS. That's what's been missing for me — triple-A, highly polished adventure/action games. Most of what exists right now is really rough around the edges – yes, that includes Horn and Infinity Blade. The animations are stiff and the special effects and menus have that distinctive "mobile" feel to them, which drives me absolutely mad.

Oh well, that's a gap that will be filled eventually. iOS isn't going away any time soon.

Have you seen the game that American McGee's studio are working on? Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it's based on Little Red Riding Hood (in the sense that Alice Madness Returns is based on Alice in Wonderland), and it looks dynamite.

Eurocom's new team of 50 mobile developers is interesting too. Most development studios (including the guys that made Horn) are very small in size. 50 is quite large. As mobile development teams get bigger you'll see better action/ adventure games come through I think.

Oh I know they will eventually, I'm just saying the current absence is irritating given the enormous potential.

retired_account

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, it seems like there are a lot of touch-only DS games that'd work really well on iOS. That's what's been missing for me — triple-A, highly polished adventure/action games. Most of what exists right now is really rough around the edges – yes, that includes Horn and Infinity Blade. The animations are stiff and the special effects and menus have that distinctive "mobile" feel to them, which drives me absolutely mad.

Oh well, that's a gap that will be filled eventually. iOS isn't going away any time soon.

Have you seen the game that American McGee's studio are working on? Can't remember the name off the top of my head, but it's based on Little Red Riding Hood (in the sense that Alice Madness Returns is based on Alice in Wonderland), and it looks dynamite.

Eurocom's new team of 50 mobile developers is interesting too. Most development studios (including the guys that made Horn) are very small in size. 50 is quite large. As mobile development teams get bigger you'll see better action/ adventure games come through I think.

Oh I know they will eventually, I'm just saying the current absence is irritating given the enormous potential.

Agreed.

It'll be all ok once Baldur's Gate hits the iOS though. I'm set for life then :3

SCRAPPER392

Haha. You guys are funny... anyways, what I'm trying to say is, I'd rather have a PC/Mac OS over iOS/Android anyday. My final OPINION of what you should buy, is either a Microsoft Surface w/ Windows 8 Pro(which comes out next year I think, so just wait for that), or a 3DS for Luigi's Mansion 2, tons of Pokemon games, Colors 3D or Art Studio(Art Studios better I think), and all the back catalogs for most GB games if that is what you want, too. Or get a Wii U if you don't have one. Haha. They have tons where I live...

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

rayword45

WhiteKnight wrote:

Oh, I've given up on the Nintendo fans. Other, more moderate, people read the comments though. I generally make a point of these debates for their sake..

Be honest now, do you honestly think you're making a big impact when you try to argue for those "moderate" people? This site is called NintendoLife. You're obviously going to be run over by Nintendo fans here. Then there are the trolls who make posts similar to more hyperbolic versions of what yours sound like to the fans, which is going to draw some negative comparisons. And THEN there are the moderate people, most of which likely already have a smartphone or tablet due to the diverse gaming selection these people have.

On top of that, why do you word your arguments with words like "embarrassment" and make frequent jokes about inferiority to Apple? Angering the raging fanboys accomplishes nothing, and I think a less negative sounding comment wouldn't really make a difference to anyone reading it.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Bankai

rayword45 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Oh, I've given up on the Nintendo fans. Other, more moderate, people read the comments though. I generally make a point of these debates for their sake..

Be honest now, do you honestly think you're making a big impact when you try to argue for those "moderate" people? This site is called NintendoLife. You're obviously going to be run over by Nintendo fans here. Then there are the trolls who make posts similar to more hyperbolic versions of what yours sound like to the fans, which is going to draw some negative comparisons. And THEN there are the moderate people, most of which likely already have a smartphone or tablet due to the diverse gaming selection these people have.

On top of that, why do you word your arguments with words like "embarrassment" and make frequent jokes about inferiority to Apple? Angering the raging fanboys accomplishes nothing, and I think a less negative sounding comment wouldn't really make a difference to anyone reading it.

You'd be surprised what impact an extended debate can have on people.

It's like how people like to pretend that advertising doesn't affect them. Because they don't understand that people operate on both conscious and unconscious levels (people often call that level the "subconscious" level, but that's actually the incorrect term as far as psychology goes).

I've worked in the media enough that I'm well aware of the effect my comments have.

Ideal_Hero

@Waltz - I'm sorry about responding to you sarcastically earlier. I should have just pointed out what I thought without getting snippy. No hard feelings, eh?
@OP - I personally would go with a 3DS. It is a lot of fun, and I have truly enjoyed it. I can't say anything about an iPad because I do not own one. Anyways, I hope this helps.

The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identif...

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

Omarsonic9

Happy with my 3DS and my Galaxy S3

Omarsonic9

SCRAPPER392

Ya. Having a tablet with a PC/Mac OS would be alot better than what tablets have become known for. Mtn. Lion on iPad would get all the rich and selfish slobs to resell their current one for more than it's worth anymore. Poor rich people... I see people selling year old Macbooks for $200 less than new versions that came out less than a month ago. What kind of BS is that. I'm pissed.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Qwest

rayword45

And that's what happens when you buy overpriced Apple products.

Go Android

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

SCRAPPER392

I hate Android too. Google needs to just make a GPCuPadiMacefWin computer, and have it run a better OS. IDK...

Qwest

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.