Forums

Topic: 3DS or iPad 2?

Posts 101 to 120 of 124

CanisWolfred

SMEXIZELDAMAN wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

I also take it that none of you people buy PCs or laptops.

Because those are obsoleted literally the minute they hit the market. Six months between upgrades is a massive time compared to how often newer, faster PC technology hits the market.

Who cares if the computer is outdated? As long as I can view nintendolife on it I'm good

And so long as your iPad functions, you're good. You don't Need to upgrade just because there's a newer version. There's always gonna be a newer version, but there's still such thing as good enough.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

zezhyrule

SimmerE14 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Because those are obsoleted literally the minute they hit the market. Six months between upgrades is a massive time compared to how often newer, faster PC technology hits the market.

No my parents give me their old laptop.

and the difference to me is that not everybody goes and buys those 1000 dollar computers everytime a new one comes out!

People with laptops, that I know, upgrade every 5 years or so.

My family has had 2 laptops since I was born, and I will probably get my parents old one in a year or two.

Doesn't change the fact that they're obsolete.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Bankai

SimmerE14 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

and the difference to me is that not everybody goes and buys those 1000 dollar computers everytime a new one comes out!

My family has had 2 laptops since I was born, and I will probably get my parents old one in a year or two.

And you're not going to miss out on a whole lot if you only upgrade your iPad every couple of years.

Obsolete doesn't mean unusable, and iPads don't suddently become unusable because they've been obsoleted, any more than a 2-year old laptop is superceeded by a few million newer models in that time.

Simmer_E

zezhyrule wrote:

SimmerE14 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Doesn't change the fact that they're obsolete.

Sorry, I was trying to say that just because it's obsolete doesn't mean you have to get a new one:P

@Waltzelf

yah, I see what you mean

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter:

R-L-A-George

turtlelink wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Only problem is that iPod products get revisions EVERY year and Nintendo products do every 2 years at least (Handheld wise). Plus, Nintendo handhelds don't make previous iterations look obsolete compared to Apple's products.

For all I know, iPhone 7 is currently being developed

Wait, doesn't the 3DS come out about a year after the DSiXL come out?

Yeah but Nintendo is going to slow down a bit.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

retired_account

WaltzElf wrote:

Obsolete doesn't mean unusable, and iPads don't suddently become unusable because they've been obsoleted, any more than a 2-year old laptop is superceeded by a few million newer models in that time.

Exactly. @komicturtle92: This was the point I was making above.

retired_account

Colors

If I didn't have to pay for either of them, I would choose IPad 2 ( Don't yell at me) then I would sell it to buy a 3DS with about $250 left over. Buisness

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

moosa

I still can't figure out why we're comparing an iPad and a 3DS.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

Noire

Not even a legitimate question in my mind.

NGP.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AlexSays

And once again NintendoLife continues its struggles with the English language...

What was the last word we had so much trouble with? Objective? And now we have "obsolete."

Anyways.. I would rather invest 300$ into a new pet rock collection than buy an Ipad 2, or any Ipad actually, so I would go with a 3DS. Though I have no intention of buying that anytime soon either.

AlexSays

irken004

AlexSays wrote:

And once again NintendoLife continues its struggles with the English language...

What was the last word we had so much trouble with? Objective? And now we have "obsolete."

Anyways.. I would rather invest 300$ into a new pet rock collection than buy an Ipad 2, or any Ipad actually, so I would go with a 3DS.

Get a bunch of these?

komicturtle

AlexSays wrote:

Anyways.. I would rather invest 300$ into a new pet rock collection than buy an Ipad 2, or any Ipad actually, so I would go with a 3DS. Though I have no intention of buying that anytime soon either.

lol I misused a word. Kill me

komicturtle

AlexSays

irken004 wrote:

Get a bunch of these?

Those look absolutely lovely.

I would love to have one of those.

komicturtle92 wrote:

lol I misused a word. Kill me

In this thread? Then it wasn't just you, I was talking about a couple others as well. Almost everyone throwing around that O word, actually.

AlexSays

komicturtle

AlexSays wrote:

In this thread? Then it wasn't just you, I was talking about a couple others as well. Almost everyone throwing around that O word, actually.

I think people used "obsolete" because I misused it to get a point across (people obviously overlooked even though I pointed it out, but I digress).

Oh well. Quiero un 3DS ahora mismo. Pero tengo que espedar hasta el domingo.

So close...

turtlelink wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Only problem is that iPod products get revisions EVERY year and Nintendo products do every 2 years at least (Handheld wise). Plus, Nintendo handhelds don't make previous iterations look obsolete compared to Apple's products.

For all I know, iPhone 7 is currently being developed

Wait, doesn't the 3DS come out about a year after the DSiXL come out?

Yeah... So what? 3DS is not a revision of DSiXL where as the DSPhat to DSlite to DSi to DSiXL are. Sure, the DSiXL came out a year after the DSi, but it's messed up when people nag about Nintendo releasing products yearly (apparently) when, "Oh! It's okay if Apple does it!"

If you move on over to Engadget and 'search' (save your time and bear with me), you'll see Apple zombies praising every Apple product no matter what. Even if it's missing buttons (aka iPod Shuffle 3rd revision). I wouldn't praise the DSlite for everything but I do say it is BETTER than the original. DSi, however, I'd pick over the DSlite because it brings some new things to the DS (music player, DSi Sound, etc.) but I would not 'praise' it as the ultimate DS or anything. I don't mind the removal of the GBA slot because I never played GBA games on the DS systems anyhow (play them on my Gameboy Micro- my GBA SP is pretty much 'dead' because it's battery is all drained out and only lasts 2 hours).

Take your pick. I'll be getting a DSiXL eventually just to HAVE it for my future display case of systems. Too bad it won't have 'memories' compared to my DSPhat, DSlite, DSi or even my Gameboy Micro.

I'm planning on doing the same for the 3DS potential revisions. If it happens.

People shouldn't hate that people already having an iPad purchasing iPad2. If they can afford it, go ahead. I just don't like how lots of them say "it's better than the DS and PSP lolol"

Yeah, in music playing and apps and whatever I don't need or care too much for in a gaming handheld. I don't care for that as I have an MP3 for music and I have my DSi for dedicated gaming on the go. I don't need the bells and whistles the iPad has as cool as it may be. The iPad currently has nothing going for it when it comes to my tastes. The 3DS, however, does.

I rant a helluva lot.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

moosa

WaltzElf wrote:

moosa wrote:

Because, while the 3DS and iPad might be completely different devices, many people will only have the money to buy one of them.

Nintendo and Apple ARE competing for the same dollars

Yes, but it's like asking "should I get a dog or go on vacation with my family?" The only reasonable response to that I can come up with is "well, which one do you want more?" I mean, I could tell you which one of those two things I would rather have right now, but what does that have to do with you? I wouldn't try to say that one of those things is better than the other. The fact that there's such a substantial difference in price makes it all the more confusing. Maybe the question should be "3DS (and $250+) or iPad 2?" For the record, you could buy a netbook and a 3DS for around the price of an iPad. But then I would never try to say that nobody should buy an iPad when they could just buy a 3DS and a netbook.

Long story short, if you're going to make a thread about comparing two things, they should be similar items with similar purposes. If you just want to know which of two not necessarily related things you'd rather spend your money on, that's dependent entirely on yourself and your situation and your desire, not what a bunch of random strangers on the internet think.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

Squiggle55

moosa wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

moosa wrote:

Because, while the 3DS and iPad might be completely different devices, many people will only have the money to buy one of them.

Nintendo and Apple ARE competing for the same dollars

Yes, but it's like asking "should I get a dog or go on vacation with my family?" The only reasonable response to that I can come up with is "well, which one do you want more?" I mean, I could tell you which one of those two things I would rather have right now, but what does that have to do with you? I wouldn't try to say that one of those things is better than the other. The fact that there's such a substantial difference in price makes it all the more confusing. Maybe the question should be "3DS (and $250+) or iPad 2?" For the record, you could buy a netbook and a 3DS for around the price of an iPad. But then I would never try to say that nobody should buy an iPad when they could just buy a 3DS and a netbook.

Long story short, if you're going to make a thread about comparing two things, they should be similar items with similar purposes. If you just want to know which of two not necessarily related things you'd rather spend your money on, that's dependent entirely on yourself and your situation and your desire, not what a bunch of random strangers on the internet think.

Very well debated

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Ravage

irken004 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Anyways.. I would rather invest 300$ into a new pet rock collection than buy an Ipad 2, or any Ipad actually, so I would go with a 3DS.

Get a bunch of these?

Find of the month? I really need to browse Think Geek more often.

WaltzElf wrote:

I was going to make a point that you`re wrong, but it`s not worth it. Laptops and Macs aren`t for gaming unless you have lots of money to burn. PC technology gives options, not necessities.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ark

In the future, you might want to ask this on a site without Nintendo or Apple in the title. To compensate for some lack of objectivity I've read so far (save for a few users), here we go:

Battery Life: iPad 2
Gaming: Either (both will offer large selections with great diversity, there's stuff that Nintendo-afficiandos will love on either. some won't like the non-traditional controls of iPad, but you'll have to try one yourself with a few games to see)
Media Player: iPad 2
Maximum Storage: Around Equal (SD Cards for 3DS, bigger GB capacity for iPad)
Features: iPad 2
Internet: iPad 2
Usefulness in Daily Life: iPad 2
Longevity: Either (they'll be improved on for 3DS#2/iPad 3, but you don't really NEED to
upgrade since both do their jobs)
Portability: 3DS (iPad isn't toon hard to transport, but good luck getting it in your
pocket)
Price: Approximately equal (see below)

iPad seems more expensive, but you're getting far more (general) functionality. If you buy 20 games within your 3DS lifespan, at an average of $25 each+a decent amount of eShop content, you're looking at $900-$1000. If you buy the basic iPad and get 50 paid-apps (priced at approximately $5 each, though some will be less and some will be more), you're looking at around $800-$900. That's assuming you only use Wi-Fi though, which is on-par with the 3DS. If you invest in several years of 3G, iPad 2 will murder your wallet, costing at least $15-$20 a month.

Ultimately, it's all about what YOU want. iPad 2 and 3DS can both be solid game machines, but you are the sole arbiter of the value. If it means anything to you, it's legal to jailbreak an iPad for added functionality, but several countries question flashcards on the DS line(won't go into detail for obvious reasons).

Edited on by Ark

Bankai

the thing with PCs is that even though new better hardware will be out every 6 months, you will still be able to play all the new games for a few years, you just may have to turn graphics from maximum down to high, at which point it still looks more beautiful than a handheld could for a long time

The iPad will continue to play most App Store games released for some time to come as well.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.