3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS - One Month Later: Your Thoughts?

Showing 161 to 180 of 188

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

161. Posted:

@Waveboy I would never torture myself like that. That's just cruel and unusual. Even though it doesn't have any software, I'm glad I got mine at launch. I used it every day.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

162. Posted:

Wow I'm surprised you were able to keep yourself from opening it. There are a few things you can do with it before all the hotness comes, you know.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

163. Posted:

Ya I know, I kept holding off because i wanted to make up by playing more DS titles that i missed out on, my Wii at the time got much more loving so i wanted to play catch up. :p During this month, I'm playing Wii catch up actually, but next month is going to be pure crazyness towards the 3DS, and more Wii of course. B-) Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Donkey Kong Country need to finally get played.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

pixelman

164. Posted:

The wait for Zelda is driving me mad.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

165. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Try having to wait until August, and in the meantime, watching everyone else proclaim about how truly legendary it is and how they're having such an awesome time playing it.

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

166. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Try having to wait until August, and in the meantime, watching everyone else proclaim about how truly legendary it is and how they're having such an awesome time playing it.

Ok! I'm watching but honestly my apathy is strong here

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

167. Posted:

lzbirdboy wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Ok! I'm watching but honestly my apathy is strong here

:'(

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

168. Posted:

Are you implying you don't have one yet? You're honestly not missing out on much until this June :)

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

169. Posted:

No no, I have one, and I love it, as my signature implies. But I'll be away from my apartment this summer, and won't be back until August when school starts again. And...I left my 3DS and all my games there. :(

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

170. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

No no, I have one, and I love it, as my signature implies. But I'll be away from my apartment this summer, and won't be back until August when school starts again. And...I left my 3DS and all my games there. :(

Bummer

My Retrologgery

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

171. Posted:

So you already left?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

172. Posted:

My thoughts now:
1 - I hate these R & L buttons
2 - Why didn't I wait til June since every retailer has a metric ton of them to spare?
3 - The battery life is just as bad as advertised
4 - The 3D effect takes no effort anymore and I don't lose it nearly as often when playing Pilotwings/Monkeyball
5 - I'm glad I didn't buy Steel Diver
6 - The stylus clicks and hops around when it moves and the screen hinge already kinda sucks despite treating it like gold
7 - Just doesn't seem worth $250 to me - aforementioned wobbliness definitely contributes.
8 - I'm actually really excited for Zelda and RE Mercs now that I've seen how on-point the 3D is for a while (and now that I've trained myself to keep the handheld still/relative to my eyes' position)
9 - I feel like the circle/slide-pad love was hugely overblown--better than the PSP nub (not hard), but worse than virtually every other I've tried. Still a pain to analog-move partially--I end up doing mostly full throws making Pilotwings rougher than it needs to be.
10 - Exactly as I thought--Pilotwings just kinda sucks. No challenge except for landing, and the 3D depth doesn't really help make that much easier. Kind of a crapshoot and takes a couple tries to get the timing right, meaning multiple, torturous, 2-3 minute aerial complete-boredom runs. No thanks.

I think that's enough. Overall--somewhere between "meh" and "still kinda liking it"...all awe has worn off, although new upcoming games could help reverse that trend. Wait for a price drop, or at the very least til some better stuff comes out.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

173. Posted:

regarding those mildy wonky hardware issues you're having. Are you honestly suprised? Nintendo plans on making a 3DS lite(or whatever it will be called) and those problems you've mentioned will most likely be history. just look at how awful the original DS Phat was....Then again, it just looked awful design wise, the 3DS on the other hand looks beautful. Nintendo purposley made the 3DS clunkier and not put together as well because they're saving the better design for their new 3DS lite. And with the 3DS Lite you can bet the 3D Sweet spot will be larger.

Anyways, June-ers unite! B-)

PS: Is the circle Pad loose? There's nothing more than i hate than a loose Analog stick, I'm looking at your Sony and you're god damn dual shock controllers. Worst analog sticks ever.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

174. Posted:

@WaveBoy - You might wanna ignore my feelings then, since I feel that the Dualshock has (and has always had) the best, most usable analog joysticks. But no, the circle pad's not loose. It's just...slippery and imprecise--if anything, I feel like I have to press it just a little bit too hard.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

175. Posted:

Really? I still find that the N64's analog offers the most precision out of any of the dual analog sticks in this day and age. No other 3D Mario controlled as well as Mario 64 with the N64 anlog stick. I could get the teeniest most precise movements with that one, Galaxy on the other hand just doesn't have that....Nintendo skimped out. :p

Anyways, The dualshock's analog sticks feel cheap imo. The loose feeling just doesn't mesh well with me. But to each their own. :p Currently Id say the Wii Nunchuck has the best analog stick, the 360's isn't too bad either i guess.

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

176. Posted:

@WaveBoy - yeah N64 was miles ahead of the game with that one...there was a ton of throw and it required a pretty firm press (but was well balanced in spite of it). Not that any of that saved Mario Kart 64's playability :)

And a genuine screw-you to Nintendo for planned obsolescence, even though I should come to expect it these days. Personally I feel the DS-lite was garbage compared to the original DS--looks notwithstanding, that thing was a tank whereas the lite disintegrated in no time. DSi was a bit more solid, but was hideously overpriced ($180!? For what!?!?) and if it weren't for Rytmik I'd consider it an absolute and total waste. Gonna try to stick w/ gen 1 only this time around.

-Swerd Murd

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

177. Posted:

LosAngeloTip wrote:

@WaveBoy - yeah N64 was miles ahead of the game with that one...there was a ton of throw and it required a pretty firm press (but was well balanced in spite of it). Not that any of that saved Mario Kart 64's playability :)

And a genuine screw-you to Nintendo for planned obsolescence, even though I should come to expect it these days. Personally I feel the DS-lite was garbage compared to the original DS--looks notwithstanding, that thing was a tank whereas the lite disintegrated in no time. DSi was a bit more solid, but was hideously overpriced ($180!? For what!?!?) and if it weren't for Rytmik I'd consider it an absolute and total waste. Gonna try to stick w/ gen 1 only this time around.

The question is, would you rather have a DS that's built like a tank, but with horrible brightness which also creates washed out looking dull color, and a design that looks like a piece of junk that flew out of a Space Ships A**.

Or would you rather have a DS that alows 4 brightness settings which is like night and day visually it's that amazing, that's also rocking a beautiful sleak design(especially the white imo), yet the hinges are pure breakable evil....At least they were on the earlier DS Lite models. :p

My Cobalt DS Lite is doing just fine, it seems a smidge sturdier with the top screen/shell. My previous 2 DS Lite's hinges ended up breaking. I'm now on my 5th ds lite, and i'll finally be getting my White DS Lite from one of my x friends that i haven't seen in 2 years. finally! :p
But yes, i agree the DS Lite is a bit weak as far being sturdy goes.

And I doubt I'll end up upgrading my 3DS to whatever new version they have coming out, what can I say i just love the Aqua Blue's multicolored cake Layer design, and it's mildy glittery. It's so 80's, i love it.lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

178. Posted:

I don't understand where all the complaints about the DS Lite are coming from. I got my Ds Lite second hand, second hand mind you, and about 4 years later it still works fine; no problems. My Dsi's L and R buttons, on the other hand, konked out on me a couple of months later, and I had to send my DSi in to Nintendo to get them fixed. (They got fixed and quickly returned, however, and have been working fine ever since :) )

Also, $180 for a DSi? I got mine at Toy's R Us for about $140 I believe, and that was after seeing a commercial about it on TV, so it was still new then.

Edited on by TeeJay

AuthorMessage

OrangeSmoothie

179. Posted:

@WaveBoy kudos to you if that's what makes you happy, then go for it (:
I'm in college and didn't even think about video games until the semester was over at the end of april, and then I was gonna wait til later to get a 3DS for a similar reason, but I got a little impatient. So now that I have one I'm loving it. I want to get the most use out of it possible for the summer until I have to go back to school and have no time to play video games. It's sad that my 3DS will hardly be touched for 8 months, but it means my summer gets to be packed with enjoying games I missed throughout the fall and winter.

As for the 3DS itself, I don't have any complaints so far. I take very good care of keeping it super clean (I clean the screens with a microfiber cloth all the time and wash my hands before I use it most of the time-maybe a little OCD). Regardless I think it's worth it and I have been enjoying my time with it until E3 and OoT 3D when the fun really begins.

OrangeSmoothie

3DS Friend Code: 0817-3820-9884 | Nintendo Network ID: OrangeSmoothie

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

180. Posted:

I want my Paper Mario...wasn't it supposed to be a Launch Window title? T_T

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.