Forums

Topic: 3DS - One Month Later: Your Thoughts?

Posts 101 to 120 of 177

suburban_sensei

I am still loving mine. When the eShop opens and we get some AAA titles like Zelda, Star Fox, Mario, etc. There will be more love. Glad I got mine now before the library gets really good and more people start buying them, making them harder to find. Also happy to finally play through Rayman. Great game, can't believe I never finished it before!

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

Turnip

My thoughts huh?

Pretty good. :3

Cringing is really fun.

WolfRamHeart

I've been without my 3DS for about two weeks. It is currently being repaired by Nintendo. I enjoyed it while I had it though and I am anxious to get it back. My only disappointment is being one of the unlucky people that ended up with a defective system.

WolfRamHeart

yoyogamer

The launch games are pretty good, and the built in content is fantastic. I finally completed one of the Streetpass puzzles, and it looks amazing. I am quite satisfied, up to the point where the e-shop is like a nice bonus. Great job Nintendo!

This is a signature.

Slapshot

@Axoloth... The 3D wouldn't stay at a set level and it didn't project correctly. I didn't notice this until I swapped the system out for a new one. The sound issue was that the speakers make a crackling sound, at some pitches and this happened even when the sound was at low levels. Then I had the glorious black screen like most everyone else, but mine happened constantly.

It is called buying a system at launch. Always play them constantly if it is a launch system to find out if it is defective. It will usually happen pretty quickly. Mine was fine for a few weeks and then the problems just kept coming.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Sockymon

Not had any system issues with mine (bought on day one) though I do have a slightly loose hinge that I have learned to live with. If it takes the pressure off the fitting and prevents a DS Lite style crack, then I can make do. I still get the impression that the 3DS was supposed to be released in June, when the eShop was ready and more of the major titles. I guess the launch was changed to make sure the iPad 2 didn't steal too much portable gadget thunder. I've been getting a lot of use out of Street Fighter and StreetPass, the novelty of the 3D effect hasn't worn off either. After a tweek in the options settings, I've the 'sweet spot' just perfect for my eyes and I still play with it on (about 60% of the way on the slider). I'm starting to get itchy for some new games though, especially from the eShop, so roll on 'late May.'

Sockymon

Twitter:

SwerdMurd

haven't used it much lately to be honest...i open it every 2 days to play a couple more minutes of Find Mii (final boss has like 9 HP left--bout to see what happens once I complete the whole tower!) and I break it out on occaision to show people 3d pictures, but I haven't played a full game on it in a while. SF4 got old pretty fast for me, Monkeyball I played all of in both Race and Challenge modes (Fight did little for me), Pilotwings has gotten to that irritating combo of frustrating and stale when it's not enough fun to stick with to three-star some of the later events, and I haven't gotten around to beating Shadow Wars yet. It'll get a lot more use once Mercs 3D comes out.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

jerryo

i want some great action and rpg games soon... or else... :S

jerryo

MERG

slapshot82 wrote:

@Axoloth... The 3D wouldn't stay at a set level and it didn't project correctly. I didn't notice this until I swapped the system out for a new one. The sound issue was that the speakers make a crackling sound, at some pitches and this happened even when the sound was at low levels. Then I had the glorious black screen like most everyone else, but mine happened constantly.

It is called buying a system at launch. Always play them constantly if it is a launch system to find out if it is defective. It will usually happen pretty quickly. Mine was fine for a few weeks and then the problems just kept coming.

Slapshot...you have a new 3DS Friend Code? I must still have your old code...that's why it looks like you haven't used your 3DS in over a week!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

brandonbwii

@Scypher
Games like Pac-Man and Galaga, Dream Trigger, and cubic ninja all look like solid titles but not "grade A" titles. I use the term grade A because I hate the term AAA btw. I'm talking about an A+ looking game. Like a major franchise game, like a Take 2 Interactive game that's NOT Carnival Games, or even better, an original franchise that's worth the hype. Yeah, DOA Dimensions falls in the A+ catagory quite possibly but there aren't too many games other than that from 3rd parties.

Also I think that online play has been nixed from DOA also meaning they didn't bring their "A game" to deliver a complete console level experience.

Edited on by brandonbwii

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Slapshot

MERG wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Slapshot...you have a new 3DS Friend Code? I must still have your old code...that's why it looks like you haven't used your 3DS in over a week!

Yeah, and it is nearly impossible to track everyone down to let them know. I really hate the Friend Code deal. I had 40+ friends before the system swap and now I have like 5.

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stine

Hey slapshot, I was one of your old friends, so I'm adding your new FC.

SpicyDuck

Having tons of fun with mine, I'm still playing pokemon white on mine so I haven't played Street Fighter 4 in a while but once I get bored with it I'll go back.... but that time the e-shop and Ocarina of time will be out.... so I'll being enjoying my 3DS for quite a while. Oh and I haven't fully played through the content that came with it yet...

One complaint though.... I think where I live... no one owns a 3ds, I haven't gotten a single street pass notification yet....
#Stillhopingforthatday....

3DS Name: Ace FC: 0946-2234-2203
Pokemon White FC: 5114-3791-1792
Graphics don't matter.

TheActivityLog

I just got mine about a week ago, and the feature that I use most as of right now is the Activity Log. It somehow gives me a reason to play my games more...I also use the Sound application since I like listening to meh music while on the road.

And is it just me or does anyone else like the song video that came along with the update (White Knuckles/ OK Go song)? I love it, in fact, I'm going to download the mp3 right now, lol.

No 3DS games yet, but I'm searching for some friends!
FC: 0688-5315-1722
Where the heck is Pikmin 3 and where did Animal Crossing 3DS go running away at?

Axoloth

slapshot82 wrote:

That sound thing happens all the time when playing Rayman. D:
And I often feel like the 3D is acting up like that when playing Pilotwings. D:
And now you've made me overthink things, ffffuuuu D:

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

MERG

slapshot82 wrote:

MERG wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

Yeah, and it is nearly impossible to track everyone down to let them know. I really hate the Friend Code deal. I had 40+ friends before the system swap and now I have like 5.

I added your new friend code last night.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

koryz12

Mickeymac wrote:

One month later and everyone is still stupidly obsessed with the 3DS. This could be a bigger issue than I thought.

It's amazing though and the dsi was dead(well pokemon was its last dying cough) so I bought the 3ds so I could play great games that the dsi will never be able to run.

Checkout my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/koryz12
Nintendo direct wii u review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawsdGO-Jao

bonesy91

Well here is my thoughts of the 3ds.

pros.
First 3d game system that actually doesn't kill your eye sight (and it's a handheld!)
Circle pad.
AR games.

Cons.
Camera for AR games is terrible
Speakers sound like they were taken from a dollar store set of headphones.
The screens scratch easily even if you keep them spotlessly clean. (yeah mine already has light scratches.)
it's a dust magnet (which adds problems to the above)
the horrible design of the clam-shell effect (close the screens the bottom screen leaves lines on top screen. sadly even the put a piece of cloth between screens doesn't help.)

In my opinion the 3DS, while being a powerful handheld, suffers from ignoring the obvious hardware problems. Now I know people will say about the screen problem "just buy a screen protector" really? I would think by now Nintendo would have put on their own screen protector (and the ones they license are just junk!) Lazy on Nintendo's part. And of course they will say "well the sound sucks because it's not an Ipod." ok well that is no excuse, when even the 1st gen ipods sounded amazing. Nintendo could have payed a little more to get better speakers.

Honestly I can only give this system a 5/10
when I think of paying $250 for anything I would hope it actually work right, and not suffer from what it was made to do.
Im gonna send in my 3ds to get it replaced and then buy a good screen protector, but if even after that the screens still get screatched... I think I may just demand a refund.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

triforceofcourage

My 3DS earns an 8/10, just because of the 3DS sound still not leting me add 100% of my mp3s and the lack of "Must have" games. Other than that I've had no real problems. The AR camera works fine for me, I'm not sure what everyone elses problem is. lol
Other than that I'm annoyed that the friend codes allow you to do almost nothing, I can't easily get streetpasses, and the lack of eshop is making me impatient... But those aren't really flaws with the system.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.