3DS Forum

Topic: 3ds needs messaging capabilities

Showing 1 to 20 of 55

AuthorMessage
alexbhood

alexbhood

1. Posted:

Nintendo is definitely giving the 3ds a more online and connected focus than the ds. The one area it lacks more than anything is the lack of a message system. There is currently no way to communicate at all with your friends. I would give anything if they would release a firmware update that would add the message board from the wii. I felt like it was really well implemented. What do you guys think?

alexbhood

AuthorMessage
komicturtle

komicturtle

2. Posted:

It's coming. When? No clue.

Edited on by theblackdragon

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Supremeist

Supremeist

3. Posted:

if you have a problem with the way these forums are moderated, you're more than welcome to get in touch with us directly. please don't be a jerk to people on the forums, though; that was uncalled-for — TBD
And yeah, I support this 100% because one time I was talking to one of my friends using the Status Message thing, so we would go back and forth. But It's not easy to do..

SUPPORT.

Edited on by theblackdragon

N3DS FC: 4425-1501-1975 x
PSN: MightyLemonade
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanUnboxes

Getting a WiiU on August 25th for my birthday.

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
alexbhood

alexbhood

4. Posted:

I have no idea why they put so much into it on the Wii and then they went backwards. You could send pictures and get messages directly from nintendo. I also loved the way the disc slot would glow blue when you got a new message. I have heard in an interview with someone high up at nintendo that it's coming, but I'm not sure to what extent, especially since the quote was something like this "we intend for it to have some sort of messaging capabilities at some point". about as vague as possible.

alexbhood

AuthorMessage
Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer

5. Posted:

I agree they need some better way for messaging instead of the status messages, but hey it's better than nothing, I would of died to at least have that on the Wii.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

AuthorMessage
Bankai

Bankai

6. Posted:

You know, I could even handle if Nintendo didn't want us sending messages back and forth, but game invites was an absolute necessity. It's a nightmare trying to organise online games... even with my friends list.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
pixelman

pixelman

7. Posted:

Yeah, I can't believe how awful the online is. Messaging is an absolute must. :/

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
LordChimpington

LordChimpington

8. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe how awful the online is. Messaging is an absolute must. :/

The online is not awful. I do think they should update the status message to like a 140 character twitter thing.

LordChimpington

AuthorMessage
Bankai

Bankai

9. Posted:

TheGameMonkey28 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe how awful the online is. Messaging is an absolute must. :/

The online is not awful. I do think they should update the status message to like a 140 character twitter thing.

You haven't used the iOS App Store, PSN or XBLA, have you?

The 3DS' online is truely awful.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

10. Posted:

Once again, what 3DS needs is games people need to buy. That haven't been released in the past.

Let's Play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

11. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

TheGameMonkey28 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe how awful the online is. Messaging is an absolute must. :/

The online is not awful. I do think they should update the status message to like a 140 character twitter thing.

You haven't used the iOS App Store, PSN or XBLA, have you?

The 3DS' online is truely awful.

It works for me, so it's not awful!

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
alexbhood

alexbhood

12. Posted:

Retro_Gamer wrote:

I agree they need some better way for messaging instead of the status messages, but hey it's better than nothing, I would of died to at least have that on the Wii.

Um did you ever use a wii? It had a whole messaging system that let you send to all your friends messages, pictures, and miis.

alexbhood

AuthorMessage
Odnetnin

Odnetnin

13. Posted:

@WaltzElf Also Steam if that counts.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Megumi

Megumi

14. Posted:

alexbhood wrote:

Retro_Gamer wrote:

I agree they need some better way for messaging instead of the status messages, but hey it's better than nothing, I would of died to at least have that on the Wii.

Um did you ever use a wii? It had a whole messaging system that let you send to all your friends messages, pictures, and miis.

I think he means instant messaging.
@Panda: Ugh, don't mention Steam, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Yuuki, and for some odd reason, Megumi (School Rumble)
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.
More Updates: I HAZ YOUTUBE!!!

AuthorMessage
Sylverstone

Sylverstone

15. Posted:

I miss PictoChat.

Nintendo has to stop being our parents, and let the real parents do their job.

Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Portfolio | Sylver's Edge itch.io Gallery | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
SuperToad

SuperToad

16. Posted:

Sylverstone wrote:

I miss PictoChat.

Nintendo has to stop being our parents, and let the real parents do their job.

I was disappointed the DS doesn't have Pictochat online.

SuperToad

AuthorMessage
alexbhood

alexbhood

17. Posted:

I was disappointed the 3ds didn't have pictochat at all.

alexbhood

AuthorMessage
LztheQuackAdmin

LztheQuack

18. Posted:

Sylverstone wrote:

I miss PictoChat.

Nintendo has to stop being our parents, and let the real parents do their job.

They would if they weren't a family friendly company

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon

19. Posted:

alexbhood wrote:

I was disappointed the 3ds didn't have pictochat at all.

honestly, i've never really used pictochat except maybe once or twice. if they truly have no plans to enable wi-fi pictochatting, i'd rather not have it at all.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Odnetnin

Odnetnin

20. Posted:

@BellGoRiiing Why not? Because it's such a great service?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

Twitter: