3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS needs first person shooters, good ones.

Showing 41 to 60 of 74

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

41. Posted:

I loved the first dementium and i agree the Stylus controls were far more enjoyable and intuitive to use than a standard clunky analog stick. If RE: Revelations first person aiming in stereoscopic 3D is any indication, than we are in for an absolute treat....That is, whenever a solid FP-based 3DS title ever sees the light of day. Renegade kid has one in the works, but we wont be seeing it until mid 2014.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mighty Switch Force 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
DualWielding

DualWielding

42. Posted:

I don't really play or have any interest on first person shooters but I support the notion that every genre should be represented in the 3DS... I sometimes wonder if the lack of first person shooters is because a fps in stereoscopic 3D would be seizure inducing... maybe they can release one without 3D effect and devote all of the consoles powers to graphics........

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Hale-Bopp

Hale-Bopp

43. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

I sometimes wonder if the lack of first person shooters is because a fps in stereoscopic 3D would be seizure inducing.

Revelaitons works like a charm on 3DS, especially with the circle pad pro attached. It looks great in 3D, but since playing any game in 3D on the 3DS is optional, I don't see how that's even an issue in the first place.

I was really hoping we'd see more western 3rd party support in general, but it seems the big publishers jumped ship and are releasing all their hardcore portable titles on stupid mobile platforms, with no ports or any announcements for 3DS. Activision is all but missing. EA doesn't even exist. Everyone else is MIA as well and Nintendo doesn't seem to care enough to do anything about it. I guess as long as titles like Animal Crossing keep selling systems like gangbusters, they'll see no need to motivate themselves to change anything.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

44. Posted:

Hale-Bopp wrote:

ferthepoet wrote:

I sometimes wonder if the lack of first person shooters is because a fps in stereoscopic 3D would be seizure inducing.

Revelaitons works like a charm on 3DS, especially with the circle pad pro attached. It looks great in 3D, but since playing any game in 3D on the 3DS is optional, I don't see how that's even an issue in the first place.

Because if anyone did indeed get a seizure, they'd sue? And honestly, I know I don't want to see bullets flying at me in 3D, seizure or no seizure. That'd be just too damn scary.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Spanish_Bread

Spanish_Bread

45. Posted:

i thought, gyro-aiming is better than stylus aiming...

oh well, RE:Rev was the best shooter in terms of gyro aiming (because of accuracy)... how i wish the next shooter game for 3ds will take consider that feature...
next to best accuracy of gyro aiming is Face raiders... then Deer Hunting King...

if you guys know any shooter games that involves gyro aiming in 3DS, please tell me, i'm collecting those kind of games

Spanish_Bread

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

46. Posted:

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen at least one yet. I would have thought there would have been at least one COD by now (since they supported the DS).

It's personally not a big loss for me, though.

Avatar: No (Samurai Warriors)

Reading: Bleach, Ikkitosen, Kyokai no Rinne

Watching: America: the Story of Us, Dragon Ball Super, DBZ Kai, Kyokai no Rinne, Michiko & Hatchin, SAO II

AuthorMessage
MAB

MAB

47. Posted:

I didn't know there was such a thing as a good FPS. I haven't played one of those since the Doom/Quake era... Just buy a PS360 90% of their library is what you're looking for

MAB

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

48. Posted:

3DS needs shooters like a fish needs a bicycle, to be honest.

Banned author should buy himself an XBOX 360 or PC. Tons of shooters on those systems!

As to KI:U, it didn't give me hand cramps, but it wasn't enjoyable to play because of the control scheme. Shame, because everything else about it is wonderful.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
PSN: Ralizah

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

AuthorMessage
Sleepingmudkip

Sleepingmudkip

49. Posted:

I buy nintendo systems for platforming and RPGs not shooters. I do not care neither do i play shooters. and how would shooters fit on the little screen of the 3ds.

WiiU
3DS XL
New 3DSXL

Tumblr

Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Banker-Style

Banker-Style

50. Posted:

I'm actually quite surprise a COD game hasn't been released on 3DS yet.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
SphericalCrusher

SphericalCrusher

51. Posted:

I would love to play a good FPS on 3DS. I think they should have the option, as Kid Icarus does, to switch between Circle Pad Pro or use the touch-screen for second-analog controls. I think a Metroid Prime off-story would be good, a new IP, or various other titles.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
OptometristLime

OptometristLime

52. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

3DS needs shooters like a fish needs a bicycle, to be honest.

Banned author should buy himself an XBOX 360 or PC. Tons of shooters on those systems!

As to KI:U, it didn't give me hand cramps, but it wasn't enjoyable to play because of the control scheme. Shame, because everything else about it is wonderful.

It's not about encouraging shooters to the exclusion of other genres; variety is the goal here.
Just like how Nintendo's first-party games might sell a system, but they maintain a good rapport with gamers by nurturing a variety of 3rd party titles.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Chris720

Chris720

53. Posted:

A nice mix of different genres isn't bad for any system, but I don't see first-person shooters working all that well in the first place. Third-person shooters, like Resident Evil and Kid Icarus, work perfectly even with just one stick. Besides, I find them more fun and interesting than the whole "point-and-shoot" down a barrel that FPS has become. TPS games can be so much more, as Uncharted has shown.

TPS >>> FPS any day of the week.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
OptometristLime

OptometristLime

54. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

TPS >>> FPS any day of the week.

They offer different experiences... broaden the mindset, folks!
Kind of feel like my effort is wasted; certainly respect your opinion though.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Kind of feel like my effort is wasted

You just summed up my entire life in one sentence.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
3DSAllDay

3DSAllDay

56. Posted:

Im just going to put this here... Untitled
Edit: I know its fake but don't we all want to see it happen?

Edited on by 3DSAllDay

3DS Friend code- 5455-9467-1956.

AuthorMessage
Chris720

Chris720

57. Posted:

I think most people on this forum are generally against FPS games anyway.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
OptometristLime

OptometristLime

58. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

Kind of feel like my effort is wasted

You just summed up my entire life in one sentence.

While I must hold this to be untrue (or risk a similar indictment )... for our purposes here, I quite empathize.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage
Ralizah

Ralizah

59. Posted:

OptometristLime wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

3DS needs shooters like a fish needs a bicycle, to be honest.

Banned author should buy himself an XBOX 360 or PC. Tons of shooters on those systems!

As to KI:U, it didn't give me hand cramps, but it wasn't enjoyable to play because of the control scheme. Shame, because everything else about it is wonderful.

It's not about encouraging shooters to the exclusion of other genres; variety is the goal here.
Just like how Nintendo's first-party games might sell a system, but they maintain a good rapport with gamers by nurturing a variety of 3rd party titles.

I'd agree (somewhat) if we were talking about Wii U. The 3DS just isn't an ideal platform for shooters, though.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
PSN: Ralizah

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

AuthorMessage
WebHead

WebHead

60. Posted:

Psst....Cult County.

WebHead

Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime