3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS needs first person shooters, good ones.

Showing 1 to 20 of 74

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

1. Posted:

The touch screen for aiming is way more accurate than a nubby analog stick on the vita, I think the 3DS should be getting quality shooters, I know there is cult county and the conduit being worked on but I am surprised to see that there aren't any out right now.

Metroid prime and red steel would be awesome for the 3ds

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

2. Posted:

I need a single-stick shooter like I need an arrow bat to the knee...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

3. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I need a single-stick shooter like I need an arrow bat to the knee...

I assume you didn't read below the title?

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

4. Posted:

If that's your reasoning for first-person shooters on the 3DS, i'm failing to remember a whole lot that came out for the DS, to be honest. I don't see why the 3DS needs them if they weren't really instrumental for the survival and success of its predecessor.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

5. Posted:

I didn't buy a 3DS because of the lack of a second stick, and as a lefty using the stylus is a pain in my hand.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

6. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

If that's your reasoning for first-person shooters on the 3DS, i'm failing to remember a whole lot that came out for the DS, to be honest. I don't see why the 3DS needs them if they weren't really instrumental for the survival and success of its predecessor.

Then maybe you never owned a ds?

The ds has loads of first person shooters,

It's not about if it's instrumental for survival, many people including me enjoy an fps game from time to time and the 3ds's controls would be perfect for that. You have a choice for circle pad pro or stylus(most accurate)

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

7. Posted:

@theblackdragon - There were 10, maybe 11 (is Touch the Dead really a First person shooter? Or is it a light gun game with stylus controls?) on the DS. 5 of them were Call of Duty games with a surprising amount of effort put into them, but I still agree that they may not be integral to the 3DS' future.

Diamond wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I need a single-stick shooter like I need an arrow bat to the knee...

I assume you didn't read below the title?

Of course I didn't. I looked and saw the words "Red Steel" and "Awesome" together in the same sentence, and said to myself, "If I don't want to hurt myself and any living thing nearest to me, I should probably stick to what I was going to say after reading the title, and then move on." And so I did.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

8. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Diamond wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I need a single-stick shooter like I need an arrow bat to the knee...

I assume you didn't read below the title?

Of course I didn't. I looked and saw the words "Red Steel" and "Awesome" together in the same sentence, and said to myself, "If I don't want to hurt myself and any living thing nearest to me, I should probably stick to what I was going to say after reading the title, and then move on." And so I did.

I don't think you looked into the wii beyond 2006 because red steel 2 is awesome and a huge improvement from the first game and it got good reviews

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

9. Posted:

Well Cult country is coming at the end of this year or early next year, it's made by the same guy who made Dementium and Moon on the ds.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

10. Posted:

Undead_terror wrote:

Well Cult country is coming at the end of this year or early next year, it's made by the same guy who made Dementium and Moon on the ds.

Which is Renegade Kid : /

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

11. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

I didn't buy a 3DS because of the lack of a second stick, and as a lefty using the stylus is a pain in my hand.

Circle pad pro, you should look it up :) I love it

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

12. Posted:

Diamond wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

If that's your reasoning for first-person shooters on the 3DS, i'm failing to remember a whole lot that came out for the DS, to be honest. I don't see why the 3DS needs them if they weren't really instrumental for the survival and success of its predecessor.

Then maybe you never owned a ds?

The ds has loads of first person shooters,

It's not about if it's instrumental for survival, many people including me enjoy an fps game from time to time and the 3ds's controls would be perfect for that. You have a choice for circle pad pro or stylus(most accurate)

I did own a DS, and I still do own my DSi. I remember Dementium, Moon, and Metroid, and the Call of Duty series — if that counts as 'loads' to you, OK then. That said, you're saying it 'needs' these things, and I disagree. I think the 3DS can do just fine without them, especially if KI:U is going to be any sort or indicator as to the nature of future 3DS FPS offerings. hand-cramps ahoy!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

13. Posted:

Diamond wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Well Cult country is coming at the end of this year or early next year, it's made by the same guy who made Dementium and Moon on the ds.

Which is Renegade Kid : /

I know, Jools watsham to be exact!

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

14. Posted:

Diamond wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Diamond wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I need a single-stick shooter like I need an arrow bat to the knee...

I assume you didn't read below the title?

Of course I didn't. I looked and saw the words "Red Steel" and "Awesome" together in the same sentence, and said to myself, "If I don't want to hurt myself and any living thing nearest to me, I should probably stick to what I was going to say after reading the title, and then move on." And so I did.

I don't think you looked into the wii beyond 2006 because red steel 2 is awesome and a huge improvement from the first game and it got good reviews

I played Red Steel 2, but enjoyed more as a First-person action game, to be honest. I still wouldn't call it awesome, though. It had a mountain of flaws. It was very unbalanced in a lot of ways, from enemy behavior, to the level design, to just the way you became too powerful by the end, for instance.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

15. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Diamond wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

If that's your reasoning for first-person shooters on the 3DS, i'm failing to remember a whole lot that came out for the DS, to be honest. I don't see why the 3DS needs them if they weren't really instrumental for the survival and success of its predecessor.

Then maybe you never owned a ds?

It's not about if it's instrumental for survival, many people including me enjoy an fps game from time to time and the 3ds's controls would be perfect for that. You have a choice for circle pad pro or stylus(most accurate)

I did own a DS, and I still do own my DSi. I remember Dementium, Moon, and Metroid, and the Call of Duty series — if that counts as 'loads' to you, OK then. That said, you're saying it 'needs' these things, and I disagree. I think the 3DS can do just fine without them, especially if KI:U is going to be any sort or indicator as to the nature of future 3DS FPS offerings. hand-cramps ahoy!

I am sorry that you have problems with your hand and owned the tiny 3DS but that's why the 3DS XL was made so you can play comfortably.
The ds has loads of first person shooters, Oh there were way more fps games than what you said. Keep trying. Just because you don't like a certain genre does not mean that it has to not exist. That's like me saying "No console needs fighting games!" I hate fighting games but I am not saying that we can do without them ,because they have a large audience.

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

16. Posted:

well, no console does need fighting games. as long as it has a robust lineup of other offerings, it will have its fans.

Also, if you take another shot at me, it'll be your last. fair warning.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SkywardLink98

17. Posted:

@theblackdragon I never experienced any sort of hand cramps with Kid Icarus.

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Captain_Toad

18. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

@theblackdragon I never experienced any sort of hand cramps with Kid Icarus.

Heh, different strokes with different folks I guess.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

19. Posted:

@Diamond - http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/date/first-perso...

Here's the entire list of "First Person games" on the DS. Of them, about 1/3 cross into the shooter category. That's 1/3 of about 30 games. On a console that had almost 1300 games. Really, I still wouldn't call that tons. :/

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Diamond

20. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

well, no console does need fighting games. as long as it has a robust lineup of other offerings, it will have its fans.

Also, if you take another shot at me, it'll be your last. fair warning.

LOL, is THAT how you win debates? Threaten them as a mod? Oh my that is rich! That is your last resort? So instead of trying to speak your mind like a mature person and calmly get your point across you try to threaten them when you get mad. That is hilarious! Do what you like but I know that I am right about every genre has to exist because there is an audience for every genre.

If you troll and bash a system you claim you don't want then why are you paying attention to it?