Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 581 to 594 of 594

grumblegrumble

@Mahary Those links don't show up, says the Flickr pages are private.

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

Burning_Spear

HELP!

My Hori screen protectors came last night, so after a week of staring at my XL, I'm ready to do my transfer, but ...

Now I'm having second thoughts about retiring my launch 3DS. Why not just keep them separate? I only have three or four download titles, and I can live without having them with me at all times. OK, Find Mii would be restricted to my launch 3DS, where I'm in the second version of the game with many puzzles complete. And my play-time records would be spread across two machines. Otherwise, what am I losing by just using these separately? All my save data is on my game cards, correct? What about the StreetPass data for each game? Would that get screwed up if I played across two machines? Any advice?

Edited on by Burning_Spear

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

Eel

The blue XL looks amazing in person.

And it goes perfectly with my Club Nintendo blue Mario Pouch, it's almost as it they were made to be together!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ElementalChaos

Initially I was not going to buy a 3DS XL, but I was on a trip to New York City and saw Nintendo World and thought, why the hell not? So I got the red one. I gotta say, it looks BEAUTIFUL in person. Much better than I thought it would. I haven't used an "XL" device before, so it's a big difference. The system transfer animation was amusing (Pikmin 3DS? Why not) and it was a joy playing KIU and MK7 on the thing. I got NSMB2 as well, played through that one a little.

PS: System Transfer works perfectly as long as you follow the instructions and don't mess things up. It transfers EVERYTHING pretty much, including the apps, saves, photos, etc, as well as game StreetPass data and all that junk.

Edited on by ElementalChaos

My Squirtloggery

3DS FC: 0989-1731-9311

blackknight77

Has any one tried playing regular DS games on the 3DS XL? If so how do they look?

Reopen the Wii Shop Channel

bonesy91

Well now I've got all my goodies back on my new XL. And I'm still loving it. I no longer have to squint to see the nes games lol.

but nintendo 3d show (the eshop thing) looks terrible stretrched out on it. but that is a very small price to pay.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

birthgirth

Why is amazon's 3DS price $231?

birthgirth

Eel

birthgirth wrote:

Why is amazon's 3DS price $231?

I don't know, but I ended up buying mine way more overpriced at a "fancy" (aka "overpriced and unnecessary stuff") store here in Mexico... I regret nothing.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

Burning_Spear wrote:

HELP!

My Hori screen protectors came last night, so after a week of staring at my XL, I'm ready to do my transfer, but ...

Now I'm having second thoughts about retiring my launch 3DS. Why not just keep them separate? I only have three or four download titles, and I can live without having them with me at all times. OK, Find Mii would be restricted to my launch 3DS, where I'm in the second version of the game with many puzzles complete. And my play-time records would be spread across two machines. Otherwise, what am I losing by just using these separately? All my save data is on my game cards, correct? What about the StreetPass data for each game? Would that get screwed up if I played across two machines? Any advice?

Well with two active 3DS in your house hold Find Mii and getting puzzle pieces will be a breeze, trust me on this. My son and I are always street passing each other since the 3DS are a room apart.

I got a chance to play one at my local Target and I must say I am impressed and almost tempted in getting one. If only there weren't so many games coming out that I want.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RetroGBHippie92

Tasuki wrote:

Burning_Spear wrote:

HELP!

[/div]

Well with two active 3DS in your house hold Find Mii and getting puzzle pieces will be a breeze, trust me on this. My son and I are always street passing each other since the 3DS are a room apart.

I got a chance to play one at my local Target and I must say I am impressed and almost tempted in getting one. If only there weren't so many games coming out that I want.

I retired my original 3DS as soon I transferred all of my downloads, I have quite a lot on there so I thought there wasn't much point on continuing with it, that plus the battery life is so meh and it only goes for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours now. It used to be 5 hours or more when I first got it, but that's what happens when you play a ton of 3DS.
My house hold has 4 3DS', two of them are mine and the others are my brothers, so Streetpassing for me is no problem, but I don't do it that much with them, so I don't worry about streetpass. Of course this in not counting all the other DS' we have, my bros have 2 altogether, but I've got a Phat, Lite and a DSi XL.
I'd say it's worth getting the 3DS XL model, but really if you're a ton into gaming and really like new systems, like I do.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Justaguest

Anyone else noticed that brightness on 2 on older version equals 3 on XL?

Justaguest

HandheldGuru97

I can't believe I saying this after I promised myself I wouldn't get one, but I am thinking of getting one. I recently played my 3Ds until it went near dead. I had wireless brightness at 3 with power-savers mode on and the sound any were from low to medium and...I only got 2:50 minutes of play time. I seems my battery is being used up much faster than I realized. I didn't want get, but now...I think will wait and see if a as bundle comes out next year, I still have to get a Wii U and Neo Geo X.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.