Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 561 to 580 of 594

Pokefanmum82

did anyone notice that when they did the system transfer that all of your DSiWare games went to the SD card first. I didn't have to redownload any of my games. Just Netflix.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

KaiserGX

My 3DS ><L fits in the Club Nintendo Pouch, and also in my pocket with the Pouch on... and SOMEHOW it feels smaller. Maybe because it's smoother and not as blocky. The system is really thin. It's more comfortable when I sit then with the original 3DS. I know my pockets ain't tiny but there not huge either. Just regular pocket jeans.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

RetroGBHippie92

mumof2kids82 wrote:

did anyone notice that when they did the system transfer that all of your DSiWare games went to the SD card first. I didn't have to redownload any of my games. Just Netflix.

Yep I noticed this because i was watching the transfer process about 80% of the time to ensure the process went seamlessly and yeah all my stuff went over very well. I saw the DSiware transfer going and was surprised it did that, when I transferred my stuff from my DSi Xl to my 3DS I lost all my save data from my DSiware games, however I believe it hasn't done it this time. Right now my 3DS XL is having it's first charge and I do this the first time around so just to be sure.
Also bought New Super Mario Bros 2 today, I've yet to play any of it, but i'm gonna enjoy it first on my XL.
One question guys, Where is the club nintendo point card you get with your game? have they decided to ditch that idea or do you get it automatically charged to your club nintendo account, I've already linked my account to my 3DS XL but I'm not sure nintendo does anything with that function.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Drawdler

I got my XL today and transferred everything on. It's all totally safe... The first shot failed because I didn't have Internet on to send the eShop activity, but luckily that DOES NOT cause any data loss. As far as I can tell, EVERYTHING of the data is the same as on the original and I'm guessing that the sending 3DS will only experience data loss if something goes wrong DURING eShop activity being sent over.

I don't know if this falls under the "no user reviews" rule, but I just have to help all of you having problems with the transfer.

Transferring data requires that both systems have the latest Version Update. To do this, go to System Settings, Other Settings, Page 4, System Update.
Both systems
1. Go into System Settings. Open "Other Settings" and go to the third page.
2. Select "System Transfer".
Internet required until step 4b

Recieving 3DS
3a. Choose to transfer data between another 3DS system then "Recieve from another Nintendo 3DS"(something along those lines).

Sending 3DS
3b. Choose to transfer data between another 3DS system then "Recieve from another Nintendo 3DS"(something along those lines).
4b. If there is a Recieving system within range, their username will appear. Choose the appropriate option.
Once connected locally, Internet not required until transferring eShop activity

Sending 3DS
5b. Several options will appear gradually on the screen. Choose the appropriate options.
(Note: Even though it says limited-time content will disappear and not transfer, Ambassador Titles, the hallmark Ambassador Certificate and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition WILL transfer and play fully. As far as I can tell, only the prompt for downloading Nintendo Video disappeared from my system.)

Recieving 3DS
4a. Several more prompts appear on the Recieving end. Choose the appropriate options.
5a. 3DS downloaded software and system memory are transferred fully working with all memory.
Internet required for transferring eShop activity- DO NOT switch anything off past this point or you may lose all memory!

Sending 3DS
6b. The 3DS' screen goes blank and is now formatted.

Recieving 3DS
6a. Place in the old system's SD card to transfer DSiWare and their saves.
7a. Your system will reset and is now ready for use!

As for the 3DS XL itself... There are slightly jagged graphics, but otherwise, it looks absolutely 100%fully FANTASTIC! Almost as if every game was set for it!
It's much smoother than the original! Also slimmer! It feels nicer to handle, and the shine looks better(like everyone is saying it cannot be caught in a picture- the blue almost seems to change shades and tones in different light).
The only downside is that it's a bit hard to get used to at first playing titles like Kid Icarus: Uprising that require the touchscreen a lot since it's massive. The whole thing itself is almost as wide as the original stylus extends to. But I'm already getting used to it, it's not completely natural, but it's not awful either to adjust to.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

RetroGBHippie92

@katsukity Wow! how did you manage to do that? That's pretty sweet.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Drawdler

@katsukity Impressive! Can't imagine the graphics being blown up to look very good on PC though.

I've been playing around a bit more...
New Super Mario Bros. 2- The models look crisper, but the foreground drawn sprites look slightly but notably pixelated. Everything else is great but not especially different from how it looked on the original.
Colors! 3D- Very nice surprise, I expected even further pixelation for zoom in but there's actually a lot less. If you are thinking of getting the XL for this to replace the traditional tablet, it is well worth it. Even pictures saved to the SD Card look nicer!
Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure- Everything looks colorful and vibrant and pops out... The world it's set in is called the Radiant Isles, but the game itself is beautifully radiant as well.
Mario Kart 7- All around excellent. Everything looks crisper and cleaner.
Kid Icarus: Uprising- Rather than looking like a scaled-down version of a full console game like it did on the original, it now feels fully fledged and fleshed out. It looked amazing on the original... It looks outstanding here and is probably the hallmark for showing off the power 3DS cartridges can hold. Perfect title for seeing the XL in action.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

BenAV

I take back everything I've said about the XL being ugly besides the silver and white ones.
Got my blue XL today and it looks so beautiful on the outside in person.
The inside's a bit on the bland side, but it's mostly taken up by those awesome screens so it's all good.

Still struggling a bit to get used to the controls at this stage, but overall I'm quite impressed.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Whopper744

How much would you sell a regular 3DS (Aqua color or whatever that color is called, with a Zelda case I put on it, with the charger, and SD card). I want to get an XL and sell my old one for it....
Bad thing is I didn't put much thought into it and offered to sell it for 120 on facebook already...does anything think that's enough?

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Kagamine

@Joshers You got plenty by my book. I went the lazy route and got 100 in store credit at gamestop. I think you did well.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

k8sMum

the reduction in glare is one of the best things about it. along with none of the nasty fingerprints/smudges that drove me absolutely batty. it is wonderful being able to actually see what is going on in games.

i carry mine in my purse and was desperate for a case so i bought one of those DSiXL beginners kits (or something) and the case fits perfectly, plus i got a nice, new pen stylus.

i haven't seen a red one irl, but the blue is so much prettier than i had thought it would be. i am very pleased with the 3DS XL; i agree with those who say it is the version that should have been released from the start.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

romulux

KaiserGX wrote:

romulux wrote:

no. it's just as yellow on the main home menu.

Not on mine... wait for your glue to dry.

i can see the difference easily when both are side by side with the home menu open. is your original 3DS one of the launch models? otherwise it'll have the same warmer screens the XL does and there definitely won't be a difference.

i'm not saying the XL looks bad, i'm just saying it's disappointing that us fans are still paying for nintendo's launch mistakes by getting lower quality screens than we otherwise would be. the original screens are really clear and clean looking compared to the new ones, they'd look great at XL size.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

KaiserGX

Sorry man but I highly disagree, the new screens have a much better contrast and the 3D is a lot sharper. (Rayman Origins had ugly crosswalk on the launch models). If it means the screens are slightly more yellow in the menu, then let it be done. I do have/had a Midnight Purple 3DS, but my ><L was whiter then my original.

I herd some people say the glue wasn't dried yet or some ><Ls screens. It did look kind of yellow on mine at first but changed after I did the transfer. Also my screen has the same brightness as the original when before I did the transfer it was about 1 level darker.

Untitled
Launch on left, Zelda Edition on right, which also has bigger bumpers.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

romulux

that's weird, your picture shows the exact reverse of what i'm seeing. my original looks more like your zelda edition, a little clearer with brighter whites than the one on the left. then again, the glare makes it hard to tell. EDIT: i notice you have the 3D sliders on. are you sure you weren't angled off axis from the original system at all when taking that photo?

either way i'm happy with the XL, i just don't like having to compromise what i consider to be an obviously better (but smaller) screen to get a much bigger (but duller) one.

also in case anyone is wondering about the size, i can still fit the XL in a normal jeans pocket without a problem. it is noticeably heavier in a pocket and if you have to raise your leg to go up stairs or something it does start to dig into your thigh a little.. in other words, it's portable but don't take it on a long hike.

Edited on by romulux

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

PuzzleMaster7

I've been holding off from playing my 3DS XL because I want to get a case for it first, so does anyone know where I can find a good case? I know that Best Buy has one manufactured by Rocketfish, but does anyone know if this brand is reliable?

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

PuzzleMaster7

@KaiserGX Thanks for your reccomendation. I believe that's the brand that I normally purchase from. For now, I guess I'll just have to use my box to store it in.

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.