Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 181 to 200 of 594

e-love

firearrow505 wrote:

DS 2004, DS Lite 2006, DSi 2008 :/

Exactly.

The fact that we are getting the 3DS XL so early just proves my point that there will be another one. Nintendo never stops updating their handhelds, they're total finatics about it. Drives me crazy ._.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

TysonOfTime

Emaan wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

[/div]

Exactly.
The fact that we are getting the 3DS XL so early just proves my point that there will be another one. Nintendo never stops updating their handhelds, they're total finatics about it. Drives me crazy ._.

Except that before Nintendo hadn't promised that there wouldn't be revisions. And what would they add now? Another Circle Pad? To alienate all other owners?
Just for the 5 or so games that use it?

I doubt the 3DS and the Vita will get any revisions. The Vita may get another size like the 3DS, but not a revision.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

firearrow505

TysonQ7 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Exactly.

[/div]

[/div]

Except that before Nintendo hadn't promised that there wouldn't be revisions. And what would they add now? Another Circle Pad? To alienate all other owners?

I doubt the 3DS and the Vita will get any revisions. The Vita may get another size like the 3DS, but not a revision.

[/div]

if Nintendo would put another circle pad then there will be more games using it like FPS.

Edited on by firearrow505

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

Ecto-1

Amazingly enough, I think we will live regardless of whether or not it has a second circle pad. I would almost venture to guess that they may have not been able to get it to fit thanks to the larger battery that WAS necessary to keep those screens going at least as long as the standard 3DS (it only gets 30 minutes to an hour and a half longer than the 3DS, not a significant improvement in batterylife). That is probably where a significant amount of this thing's extra room went.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

SonyFACE

firearrow505 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

Exactly.

[/div]

[/div]

if Nintendo would put another circle pad then there will be more games using it like FPS.

+1

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

TysonOfTime

RogueBologna wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

DS/ DSiWare games are going to look seriously ugly on that thing.

[/div]

[/div]

Actually, now I am kind of excited to see ds games on this, just to see how bad they look.

[/div]

It's been proven that they look better on the XL than the regular.

@firearrow
More FPS. Okay, what else? FPS's are a dime a dozen. (Not really but WHO CARES) If that's the only thing that can get more games, why bother? A new redesign just so more people can play a single genre more? DO NOT WANT.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime

RogueBologna wrote:

@TysonQ7 For some reason I find that disappointing.

Success is always disappointing when expecting failure.

And failure is funny.

firearrow505

TysonQ7 wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Actually, now I am kind of excited to see ds games on this, just to see how bad they look.

[/div]

[/div]

@firearrow
More FPS. Okay, what else? FPS's are a dime a dozen. (Not really but WHO CARES) If that's the only thing that can get more games, why bother? A new redesign just so more people can play a single genre more? DO NOT WANT.

I was just making a point when i said FPS. like i said before many other games can use it.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

moomoo

Emaan wrote:

firearrow505 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

Exactly.

[/div]

Lets see, the DS came out in NA on Nov. 11, 2004. DS lite came out in NA on June 11, 2006. That's exactly 19 months.
3DS came out in NA on March 27, 2011. The 3DS XL comes out on August 19, 2012. That's about 17 months.
We're talking about 2 months here. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
If we're talking Japan, the differences in release dates are 15 months for the DS line and 17 months for Japan (the DS lite came out in March of 2006 for Japan, to the day of the original model's launch in December of 2004). In that case, the DS revision came more quickly than the 3DS.
I doubt a new model is coming soon.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

JohnPhilipSousa

I've changed my mind. I'm skipping out on the XL. I won't buy another handheld until the 9th generation of video games.

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

moomoo

firearrow505 wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

@firearrow

[/div]

I was just making a point when i said FPS. like i said before many other games can use it.

Pretty much any 3D third person action game could use a 2nd circle for camera control, twin stick shooters could use it, and FPS games are NOT a dime a dozen on the 3DS (there are currently zero). As for 'the stylus works' argument, one cannot ignore that when using the stylus, one looses access to the face buttons and the r button, assuming the player is right handed. Even though the hand would be off the face buttons, it could easily move between a circle pad and the buttons, as seen in every controller on the market right now. And though I prefer to play them with the stylus, I want FPS games on the system, and no publishers want to put them on the system since they think no one would buy a FPS due to no second circle being on the system.

Best thread ever

Drawdler

@Ecto-1 Ah, my bad, I actually forgot it wrong then watche dans saw that. However, there is going to be a charging cradle as proved on another thread. So far however, it's only confirmed to be bought with the AC Charger separately in Europe. There is no news on a US release or localization elsewhere.

Anyway, does anyone know how DS games will look in Unscaled Mode on the XL(without the Start/Select trick)?

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

moomoo

Nibelilt wrote:

@Ecto-1 Ah, my bad, I actually forgot it wrong then watche dans saw that. However, there is going to be a charging cradle as proved on another thread. So far however, it's only confirmed to be bought with the AC Charger separately in Europe. There is no news on a US release or localization elsewhere.

Anyway, does anyone know how DS games will look in Unscaled Mode on the XL(without the Start/Select trick)?

[/div]

I'd assume it be as big as what the bottom screen would allow. I can't imagine them looking that bad. The 3DS makes games look slightly worse because the system has to downsize the game. Besides, unless if one compares the 3DS to the DS side by side, the difference doesn't really matter. It's pretty insignificant.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

Ecto-1

@Niblet Oh, I hadn't heard about there being an XL cradle. Thanks for the info. As for how DS games will look by default on 3DS XL, my guess would be horrifying! Just kidding, although I would imagine that they will look pretty rough.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

TysonOfTime

@moomoo
But is the second stick worth adding just for shooters? From a business standpoint I don't think so, with the sales of FPSs likely to remain on consoles. I could be wrong though.

I personally have enough shooters over saturating the console market, so that's why I said a dime a dozen. Sorry.

19Robb92

Mahary wrote:

When Will the white color Come out ?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Really want that color.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Ecto-1

If it is like when I asked about the orange 3DS, they'll write you back with a generic "3DS (XL) offers great value and fun regardless of the exterior color" message. Not trying to be pessimistic, just don't get your hopes up for any actual answer.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

Ecto-1

This guy, maybe?

Untitled

Hehe, they finally found a job for R.O.B.!

Does anyone have any idea what the things on the bottom corners are? I think they may just be wrist strap connector spot things, but I just wanted to ask for other opinions.

Untitled

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Colors 3D Gallery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.