Forums

Topic: 3DS LL (XL) thread.

Posts 121 to 140 of 594

FOREST_RANGER

You know, it's hard to actually sense the size of the system in reality unless you physically have a hands-on with the system. Even if we can get a sense of the size relative to the size of the smaller version when comparing them next to each other in a picture, the size of those models don't match with the real size. Overall, they can be bigger or smaller than we imagined. Just wanted to point that out :3

Truthfully, this puppy looks even bigger than the DSi XL...

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Arcamenel

lol @ the people complaining about the lack of a second circle pad. There are at most...2 games out that even support it? There have been over 5 million units of the original model sold in Japan and in North America. Most games that are out now and will be released in the near future don't even have the idea of a second circle pad in mind. There is absolutely no use for it on the system right now and making one with a second circle pad would just confuse developers and alienate original model owners.

Edited on by Arcamenel

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

JohnPhilipSousa

This looks more like "Game Gear Dual XL Screen Slim".

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

iphys

I definitely plan to get one of these, but the fact that I can't specifically transfer certain games off my old 3DS that I want to play on the big screen and keep other games on my original 3DS for Streetpassing and playing on the go really makes this troublesome for me. I don't get why for DSi to 3DS transfer they let us transfer individual games, but not for 3DS. I really would like to play all my DSiWare and VC games on the bigger screen so I can play them at native resolution, but if I transfer them to the XL I have no way of transferring them back if I want to have them on the smaller system to have a bunch of games to play when I'm travelling. I hope Nintendo can add some flexibility for allowing us to transfer games between systems (would be nice if we could transfer NES games we bought on the Wii to the 3DS too, because I'd much rather have them on my 3DS at this point).

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

KryptoniteKrunch

The Matte finish is pretty cool. Yes, lack of second circle pad, but only RE: Revelations, Metal Gear and Kid Icarus work with the CPP. Metal Gear is the only game where the second pad is almost required(KI and RE play fine without one)

Edited on by KryptoniteKrunch

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Ecto-1

Here are a few little bites of info that I haven't seen anyone post yet. It would appear that the stylus slot and SD card slot have been relocated, both to the right side of the system, based off of this image from one of the videos of the system. I've circled what appears to be the stylus in red and the SD card slot cover appears to be just beneath it.

Untitled

Edited on by Ecto-1

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

BlueToad

OK, not to be a hater, but imho, I find that the DSiXL was very ugly, like the material was not as nice as the DS Lite. Same thing here. The 3ds looks alot better, with its shiny finish. Also, I thought it was a bit annoying carrying around a DSiXL....
Anyways, I guess it just comes down to your opinion on things...

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter:

Drawdler

THe only thing I dislike is that they're going back to the matte finish. My 3DS is rarely messy or covered in harks but my DSi got scratches fairly often.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Drawdler

After getting my old DSi out a bit, I don't mind that much, it's very comfortable to hold in the hands. I can still notice some marks though. I hope the next matte they use for this is a bit more resilient.

But the main reason for checking in is... Any news on carry cases for the system?

And is this the official silver/black? If so I might just get a Blue one instead.
Untitled
And lastly is there actually pure black or no? I can't find any pictures of it and the closest I've seen mentioned is above. Seems strange to fill the inside with it then not have one that's just black.

Edited on by Drawdler

Eel

Well, their european sites all have it listed already so I thought I could do some early shopping

And, the blue one looks amazing, I really dislike the white one though.
The silver one is good too.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Drawdler

Well without gloss I'm not a fan of the color silver. I just can't imagine it looking good in matte.

Blue was my second choice anyway, closely followed by white, so it doesn't bother me. It looks kind of like the US Light Blue DSi which I like.

Still weird they don't have a black straight away with the emphasis on it. I'm really anxious to see how these look in person at the moment so I hope EB Games gets some demo models and I can pick from there.

Eel

From the images, It looks like the colored part of the system is more metallic than matte.
Makes the silver one look like aluminium, which is quite nice.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Drawdler

Well right now, I mostly want blue because that's the color my old one was, and White won't be out straight away, maybe never localized. Otherwise I would get that one in a heartbeat. If the Silver is metallic though I may go for it instead. I wish we had more pictures of these.

amri_rizqi

i think ill buy this big one next years ( .__.)

Sorry for my English, I'm Indonesian

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.