Forums

Topic: 3DS - Known Specs so far

Posts 61 to 74 of 74

NeoRausch

pre-installed software...hmmm...nice

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

iphys

Well the GBA SP and original DS used the same charger I think, so it's not totally without precedent.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

gatygun

I dunno if this is allowed so don't ban me for it, but i don't wanna throw somebody els efforts into shame so here's a link, where you see a complete explanation of the 3DS, how it works what the effects are.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404493

It also contains heavy analysing of the pictures and footage which is already available.

the basic results of the power of the 3DS ( throught screenshots etc ) is known as:

Faster as the n64 and GC
Faster as the PSP and PS2
Equal fast as the WII or even a tiny bit faster
Around the xbox speeds ( bit faster possible )
Shaders which increases the looks of the games which makes it look superior as the GC/Dreamcast/WII/xbox/PSP

To say it on the easy note, its a Xbox +++

The shaders make the games look better then a xbox or any other device besides xbox360 and ps3.
Even while the speed of the device is equal towards a xbox / wii ( a bit faster tho ) the shaders make it look far more superior.

Poeple basicly state the graphics head more towards the 360 and ps3 then towards the xbox. so its a xbox +++

Why is the wii lesser ? simple because even if it has the speed to holdup towards the 3DS, the shaders that it doesn't got cut down the image quality big time. Which means ugly graphical designs which lack shader like graphics, like self shadowing, bumpmapping etc etc.

But some wii games got self shadowing? yes thats true, but in order to create such thing. it needs to withdraw speed form the main gpu speed ( in order to realise it ) which means lesser detailed surroundings etc.

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

Punny

Welcome to Nintendo Life, gatygun!

I'm back (for the moment)!

HueyPNewton

Looks like new specs were released
IGN has learned that the Nintendo 3DS will have:

Two 266MHz ARM11 CPUs
133MHz GPU
4MBs of dedicated VRAM
64MBs of RAM
1.5GBs of flash storage
“The information comes from persons familiar with the hardware who spoke to us under the condition of anonymity.”

To each his own.

jangonov

@HueyPNewton, Yeah I figured it would be page one of the newspaper burning to power the rumor mill by now. I actually came to post the same thing. Now, as for the the Arm11 CPUs, I understand using 2 since it is rendering 2 separate images for the top plus one more for the bottom. Still the ARM11 is pretty good from what I've seen. (isn't it in the HTC Evo as well as the iphone?) the sad thing is, the specs of the 3DS beat my first high-end pc from 1997 by a large amount.

Edited on by jangonov

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

I'm kind of hoping that's wrong, Huey. >.< They don't look terribly overwhelming, although I guess it's all about what they can actually get out of the system itself. When DS was milked to its full capacity there were definitely some stunning games. I guess it keeps the price low and the 1.5GB space is welcome.

Well, I'm mainly complaining about the RAM to be honest. I'd like a decent web browsing experience. xD

Edited on by Ark

jangonov

zss_shadow wrote:

I'm kind of hoping that's wrong, Huey. >.< They don't look terribly overwhelming, although I guess it's all about what they can actually get out of the system itself. When DS was milked to its full capacity there were definitely some stunning games. I guess it keeps the price low and the 1.5GB space is welcome.

Keep in mind that developers are able to push the system to much larger limits than before. As code gets more complex, the actuall process can get simpler. Think of it like torque. Hard to get to the point where those specs will go far, but once people learn to be efficient, it is a powerhouse in a pocket.

Wii : 5234 3442 0233 5325
3DS: 2664-2106-1671
I have A LOT of games, if you want to play something, just email me jangonov&#...

jangonov wrote:

@HueyPNewton, Yeah I figured it would be page one of the newspaper burning to power the rumor mill by now. I actually came to post the same thing. Now, as for the the Arm11 CPUs, I understand using 2 since it is rendering 2 separate images for the top plus one more for the bottom. Still the ARM11 is pretty good from what I've seen. (isn't it in the HTC Evo as well as the iphone?) the sad thing is, the specs of the 3DS beat my first high-end pc from 1997 by a large amount.

Haha, good ol avoid the noid

To each his own.

heartcontainer

Its finny how ppl will believe rumoured specs that are not bad considering it is a stremlined devie and decide they are so bad and yet wait -

who was geeking out over RE 3DS videos? MGS video>

yup this board. c'mon, yall!

didja really think Nintendo was gonna put the CELL in this thing?

heartcontainer

Punny

Welcome to Nintendo Life, heartcontainer! It was always nice to see you in the Zelda games.

I'm back (for the moment)!

Bankai

1.5GB of download room is appaling. I have a 320GB PlayStation 3, and I've only got 70 GB worth of room left, with 40 download games and demos.

In 1.5 GB I would get perhaps 5.

If Nintendo freaking cared about online distribution, then there would be more than 1.5 GB. I suspect that this means we'll have a very restrictive "maximum size of download" crap again.

Joeynator3000

So this new...whatever, is it real?...Or just some other random rumor that popped up. And I still don't believe that it has the graphics or whatever of a PS3/360.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HueyPNewton

WaltzElf wrote:

1.5GB of download room is appaling. I have a 320GB PlayStation 3, and I've only got 70 GB worth of room left, with 40 download games and demos.

In 1.5 GB I would get perhaps 5.

If Nintendo freaking cared about online distribution, then there would be more than 1.5 GB. I suspect that this means we'll have a very restrictive "maximum size of download" crap again.

Hopefully they will expect us to use large sd cards and that it wont be a problem, but honestly who knows man

To each his own.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.