Forums

Topic: 3DS icons spinning like crazy

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Azikira

For some reason, my 3DS's menu icons are spinning randomly and wildly, even when no noise is being made. Its making me worry about my Microphone being messed up or something. Is this happening to anyone else's 3DS? And if so is there a way to fix it?

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

TwilightV

Are you near a fan or anything else producing wind?

TwilightV

Azikira

TwilightV wrote:

Are you near a fan or anything else producing wind?

No, im in a dead silent area. Yet the icons still spin madly

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

TwilightV

Azikira wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Are you near a fan or anything else producing wind?

No, im in a dead silent area. Yet the icons still spin madly

Hmm. That's only ever happened to me when I was riding in the car...

TwilightV

bboy2970

You can try going into the System Settings and re-calibrating the microphone...

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Azikira

bboy2970 wrote:

You can try going into the System Settings and re-calibrating the microphone...

I'll try that, thanks.

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

bboy2970

Oh...sorry. Turns out that isn't a calibration. Its just a test of the mic's sensitivity. Is it possible that perhaps the 3DS can pick up on some frequency human's can't and that's making it freak. Try playing in some other dead silent location maybe...Sorry I can't be of much help. If worse comes to worse you can just get Nintendo to fix it for you before there is too much losable data at stake.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Azikira

bboy2970 wrote:

Oh...sorry. Turns out that isn't a calibration. Its just a test of the mic's sensitivity. Is it possible that perhaps the 3DS can pick up on some frequency human's can't and that's making it freak. Try playing in some other dead silent location maybe...Sorry I can't be of much help. If worse comes to worse you can just get Nintendo to fix it for you before there is too much losable data at stake.

For some reason it stopped, but I think thats just temporary... It does it randomly and intermittenly

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

Arcanum

Maybe it was the sound of you using your 3DS? As in using the stylus pressing the buttons etc.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Platypus

It happens to me when the air conditioning is on in the car.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

BAZ1307

It could also be the motion sensors playing up. I found that if you tap the back of the 3DS, they spin around faster as well.

Not sure why yours would be moving around without doing anything though. If it continues, it's best to contact Nintendo else you might have a problem with some future games that use the microphone or motion sensors.

Aqua Blue Nintendo 3DS. Ridge Racer 3D.
Ask for my 3DS friend code if you would like an add. :)
PSN ID: BAZ1307
XBL: baz1307

Azikira

Arcanum wrote:

Maybe it was the sound of you using your 3DS? As in using the stylus pressing the buttons etc.

No, I left it in the floor in a silent room and watched the icons spin wildly

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

Azikira

BAZ1307 wrote:

It could also be the motion sensors playing up. I found that if you tap the back of the 3DS, they spin around faster as well.

Not sure why yours would be moving around without doing anything though. If it continues, it's best to contact Nintendo else you might have a problem with some future games that use the microphone or motion sensors.

Thats exactly what im worried about, which is why im asking around here first before I bug Nintendo about it.

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

Punny

Do you breathe really really close to the 3DS's microphone?

I'm back (for the moment)!

TeeJay

PunnyGuy wrote:

Do you breathe really really close to the 3DS's microphone?

Nintendo ID: TeeJay92

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519

Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Samholy

lol
are you serious ? the icons are spining with air ? i saw them spinning madly too, and now that you mention it, i was mostly playing near my air vent for that hot air. quebec is cold these days

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

Meowpheel

my icons must be heavy, i can barely move them when i blow, i need to get very near to the screen to move them fast.

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Azikira

PunnyGuy wrote:

Do you breathe really really close to the 3DS's microphone?

No lol, I wasnt even close to it

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

Azikira

Samholy wrote:

lol
are you serious ? the icons are spining with air ? i saw them spinning madly too, and now that you mention it, i was mostly playing near my air vent for that hot air. quebec is cold these days

Lol there is absolutely no noise going on, and they spin like crazy

Bwahahaha I am a fox 8D
I also have a "Let's Play" YouTube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/AzikiraFoxclaw

Top

  • Pages:
  • 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic