Forums

Topic: 3DS Getting 45m by end of 3/2014?

Posts 1 to 20 of 30

XFsWorld

Do you think Monster Hunter 4, Pokemon X/Y, Sonic: Lost Worlds, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Mario Party: World Tour will push 3DS to have 45million units sold by the end of March 2014?
Also the 2DS will help. Even the Black 3DS XL will finally get people to upgrade to a larger screen(beleive it or not).
Right now the 3DS is at 33.5m, according to vgchartz.com.

3DS FC: 5413-0049-5973
3DS/WiiU ID: XFsWorld
PSN: XFsWorld

mamp

I keep forgetting Mario Party exists I should keep an eye out for it, I've been wondering about sonic lost worlds, is it going to be a cheap port like sonic generations was or is it going to be the same as the Wii U version (except the graphics of course)? Also to get back on topic, there's no way nintendo won't make tons of monay (hey) XD once Pokemon X and Y come out. Not to mention the cheaper 2DS should get people to buy it even if it is just for Pokemon. If that doesn't get people motivated to buy one IDK what will (well maybe highly addictive drugs but I won't get into that right now).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

GuSolarFlare

the 3DS will be in the hall of fame of the videogames by the end of this gen, mark my words! and if I'm wrong you can simply forget I said it

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

XFsWorld

xD "the 3DS will be in the hall of fame of the videogames"

Blast

mamp wrote:

I keep forgetting Mario Party exists I should keep an eye out for it, I've been wondering about sonic lost worlds, is it going to be a cheap port like sonic generations was or is it going to be the same as the Wii U version (except the graphics of course)? Also to get back on topic, there's no way nintendo won't make tons of monay (hey) XD once Pokemon X and Y come out. Not to mention the cheaper 2DS should get people to buy it even if it is just for Pokemon. If that doesn't get people motivated to buy one IDK what will (well maybe highly addictive drugs but I won't get into that right now).

There have been multiple people on Youtube who uploaded gameplay demos of themselves playing the Wii U version AND 3DS version of Sonic Lost World. They both are beautiful and have good gameplay. The only complaint I hear about Sonic Lost World is people complaining that Sonic isn't as fast. I blame Sonic Generations and Sonic Colors for that. Those games weren't bad but they gave this notion that all Sonic games need Sonic to be running incredibly fast. Sonic Lost World does have Sonic running fast but he isn't blurring across the screen. Its more about being smart about the moves you make than running and simply pressing the jump button and attack.

And the 3DS will hit those sales. Pokemon X/Y and Monster Hunter 4 are gonna do wonders for the handheld.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

johnvboy

The 2DS will add to sales in my opinion as there is no risk with the 3-d to children under 7,also no hinge for them to break etc.

I bet there are a lot of under 7 year old pokemon fans out there.

" Never argue with an idiot,all they will do is bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

My AC:NH Island: Evietania
Switch Username: Johnvboy

Switch Friend Code SW-8223-9981-3607

TheMainMii

I can easily see a huge increase just because of Pokémon X/Y then also if and when Monster Hunter 4 releases in the west I can see the same thing.

I could go Super Sonic!
My body is ready!

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9720-8346 | Nintendo Network ID: B_BlackNinja_N

Tsuchinoko

Don't forget Yoshi's New Island!

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

KryptoniteKrunch

I wouldn't be surprised. MH 4 and Pokemon will do insane numbers in Japan alone.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Tsuchinoko

I know I'm buying the MH4 3DSLL special set next week. That black 3DS looks shiny.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

XFsWorld

@Link-Rova Yes, because the 2DS is still in the 3DS line.

kkslider5552000

to be fair, I honestly think GBA SP being backlit was an infinitely more important feature than 3D being taken out of a game system that has entirely optional 3D.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WebHead

Eh, Mario Party and Sonic won't help as much, but yeah the install base should reach 45 million by April thanks to MH, Zelda, and Pokemon. Plus, dat 2DS.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

GuSolarFlare

I like to think of the 2DS as the original 3DS that had its release delayed because the design wasn't really comfortable for the 3D feature(I know it's a halucinating lie but it makes me feel better about both the 2DS and the 3DS )

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Arcamenel

Link-Rova wrote:

X-Factor wrote:

@Link-Rova Yes, because the 2DS is still in the 3DS line.

Even though it's a tablet that doesn't have a 3D function?
I can see the similarities...

Because it has all functionality as the 3DS minus the 3D that was optional to begin with and even uses 3DS games. It's still part of the family.

Edited on by Arcamenel

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

mamp

If Pokemon doesn't single handedly get all those sales odds are they'll be close and it's not like there aren't other games coming out right?

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.