Forums

Topic: 3DS Demo Units @ Best Buy stores

Posts 101 to 120 of 124

dings

I tried one out earlier today, pretty cool!

dings

warioswoods

@BellGoRing

Probably nothing there; make sure to select the maximum distance, and also zoom out to see the edges of the circle it draws on the resulting map. If there's still nothing, you may be out of luck.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Joeynator3000

Do you get an icon or something? Just making sure, gonna try again.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

komicturtle

Token Girl wrote:

My Best Buy had one, so I checked it out after work. The 3D graphics are really cool. The slider is really neat, and I'm really glad they chose to do the 3D that way. I do think this would give me headaches if I played for a long time, because since it's a handheld, it will always be moving a little bit. Since the 3D effect is really only good in a certain zone, this could start confusing my brain. I think it will be better when I'm playing my own and not bending way over, because it's bolted to a demo station designed to be the perfect height for seven year olds, though.

I would say the graphics are about Wii level. Pilot Wings seemed like a good use of the 3D. However, the missions I could try in the demo mode were just really dull. I was interested in this game, and it's a great little tech demo for the system, but now there's just no way I can see myself spending $40 on it.

On the one hand I really want it. On the other hand, I'm not too stressed about waiting for it, given the launch titles now. Kid Icarus is going to be AMAZING!

Also, Kirby's Epic Yarn was on sale for $40. What a good deal! Picked that up, finally too.

The game is 'still' on sale? Unless they're doing it again. Hey, that's why it's good to always pop into Best Buy once and awhile as they have awesome deals (like Sin&Punishment2 for $30 in January for a week). They also had Sonic Colors and Kirby's Epic Yarn on sale (the latter I had since it's release) but I did not have 'nuff moneys...

komicturtle

Birdman

@BellGoRiiing - Is it possible that there are multiple towns with your town's name in the U.S.? You can always include your state and ZIP Code to help find one near you.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

RoyalBlur

dings wrote:

I tried one out earlier today, pretty cool!

Pretty cool? Is that all? Man, THE 3DS IS LIKE TOTALLY THE BOMB and I MEAN THE BOMB as in THE BOMB!

The 3DS had me drooling in my sleep over a 3DS bombshell if ya catch my drift!

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

chiwii

I posted this before, but I'll repeat it for anyone that didn't see it - my local Best Buy has a 3DS kiosk, but that location isn't showing up the kiosk locator site. That site doesn't appear to be accurate. So, if you don't see any locations near you on the site, it still might be worth your time to call your local Best Buy. They might have it.

chiwii

theblackdragon

i'm agreeing with chiwii — that site is weird. when i put in my zip code, it shows one location that apparently has a retail kiosk, but when i try to click it for more info nothing happens. i looked on the actual Google Maps site in the same spot, and it turned out to be a pool and spa retail store. wtf, why would they have a 3DS... and why is my local Best Buy not on that locator at all, since it totally has one? haha~

again, like chiwii suggested, i think the most accurate indicator is going to be calling around. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Sadsack_Awesome

What is this "Best Buy" you speak of?

Seriously though, I've never heard of best buy, I only played 3DS at Gamestop

Sadsack_Awesome

Joeynator3000

Yeah its my city (Gainesville), but its most likely what TBD said...the site is screwy...I've looked for stores I know of and Best Buy, Gasmestop, not even the ten bazillion Wal-Marts in this place doesn't show up, so...yeah...T_T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

komicturtle

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Yeah its my city (Gainesville), but its most likely what TBD said...the site is screwy...I've looked for stores I know of and Best Buy, Gasmestop, not even the ten bazillion Wal-Marts in this place doesn't show up, so...yeah...T_T

I'm surprised my Best Buy even has it. As well as the one in Salem. NH is forgotten. If you live around Boston, you have 11 kiosks, all in Best Buys. Crazy.

komicturtle

warioswoods

The locator was correct for me. It said that only 2 out of the 3 Best Buys here (well, here and in the next city, which I visited this weekend) had the unit, and I found the exact same results after visiting them. The one that didn't show on the map did not have a kiosk, and the other 2 did.

Since it is powered by Google Maps, there may be other problems in your area(s). I've found that the local businesses in some places seem oblivious to the correctness of their locations within Google Maps, so that a Best Buy is actually pointed to a random shed five miles away when you descend into Street View and check it out.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

moosa

Yeah, it's common for locations marked on Google Maps to not point exactly at the right spot, which can be confusing at times.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

TheBaconator

I played it at my Best Buy and I had some problems. The Best Buy was deserted, so there was no one playing it and no one around me so it was a nice environment. Pilotwings was up and running without the 3D on so I decided to turn the 3D effect on all the way and I was only seeing a double image. At first this was because I wasn't in the sweet spot, but when I did find it, I was getting a double image on everything in the distance of Wuhu Island. I started to panic because I thought that I wasn't going to be able to see 3D. So, I decided to play with the 3D slider a bit and I figured out that if I turned the intensity under half way I got a perfect 3D picture, but when I went over half way I got a double picture. (Please tell me if that happened to you as well.) Either way the game was fun nether less.
Then I decided to try the home menu glitch, which worked after numerous tries, and started with the Mii Maker. This is when I noticed that when I turned up the 3D slider to its maximum, there was no double vision, so it had to be a problem with Pilotwings. I used the photo graph method and it worked fine and came out pretty decent. Then I played Face Raiders which was also great fun. However these were the only two things I was really able to try out and get the almost full experience so I went back to Pilotwings.

Edited on by TheBaconator

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Xkhaoz

@ballkirby1 This'll probably be a problem for a few people. Some see 3D better at different levels. It was crazy smart of Nintendo to put a slider so that people can change it to the exact amount that they need.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

moosa

@ballkirby1 it sounds like its your eyes having a hard time focusing on the images. I wouldn't necessarily say its an issue with the game, but Pilotwings does show things at great distances which probably makes it a little bit harder for your eyes. I suspect that with time you may get more used to viewing the 3D and have less problems, but that 3D slider is there for a reason and its not necessarily to be pushed to the max all the time for everyone.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

SpentAllMyTokens

I never noticed a problem - it could be the unit's been whacked a few times by some kids a bit too hard or something. Or maybe your eyes have trouble with the 3D all the way. If that's the case, at least you can see it if the slider's down a bit, so it's not the end of the world.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

TheBaconator

@TheLast3Posts
I know about how the 3D effect doesn't work for everyone at every level, but I find it a little odd that I can play the 3D at full blast on the menu, Face Raiders, Mii Studio, and Camera and it works perfectly. However, when I play Pilotwings I can't see anything what-so-ever at full blast.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

SpentAllMyTokens

^^Then it's probably the demo cart of the game in there, not the system or your eyes. When I played Pilot Wings it worked perfectly, so the game itself works fine. It's just something is wrong with your store's unit probably.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.