Forums

Topic: 3DS Classics Save Data mysteriously gone

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

bezerker99

I noticed that @Prof_Clayton recently downloaded Excitebike 3D Classics from the eShop (Club Nintendo reward is probably the reason). I wanted to take a picture of my Excitebike records/times and share with him so he could have a reference point of some sort.

Anyways, over the weekend I noticed that ALL of my Excitebike times/records were GONE!

This got me curious and had me wondering if save data for my other 3DS Classics games was still intact (I have all 6 of them downloaded, btw). Kirby's Adventure insists I've never played the game once and Urban Champion acts like it doesn't remember me fighting my way to Top Round 57.

How could this happen? I've never taken my upgraded 8GB SD card out of my 3DS since originally inserting it. I've never gone into Data Management and erased anything.

This is truly disappointing as those Excitebike records were the stuff of legend. Just ask @pixelman.

Edited on by bezerker99

Otto-Soq

I feel really sad for you.... I know how frustrating that must be.

3ds code: 3840-5310-3696
psn: Eefje&Otto

bezerker99

It's really not a big deal because I'd already 100%'d all 6 of these 3D Classics games and will probably never ever revisit them, BUT......it's the simple principle of the matter, ya know? :sigh:

And....I could have a faulty SD card but I've had this card for well over a year now and besides, all my other save data is still intact....

Edited on by bezerker99

retired_account

bezerker99 wrote:

This is truly disappointing as those Excitebike records were the stuff of legend. Just ask @pixelman.

There's a reason I deleted those on BL. >;[

retired_account

LzWinky

Dang dude, that sucks

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

theblackdragon

dude that so sucks, you're an Excitebike legend D: i know i'd be crushed if all my Tomena Sanner times up and disappeared

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Prof_Clayton

@Zerkie That's too bad. D: I know at one point I hadn't played 3D Classics Kid Icarus in months, loaded it up to find my save data gone. Pretty weird, although it finally got me to beat the game. :3
Thanks for wanting to do that though~

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

bezerker99

Prof_Clayton wrote:

@Zerkie That's too bad. D: I know at one point I hadn't played 3D Classics Kid Icarus in months, loaded it up to find my save data gone. Pretty weird, although it finally got me to beat the game. :3
Thanks for wanting to do that though~

OMG, I found this blurry screen shot of my records, back before they mysteriously vanished.

Untitled

Klimbatize

bezerker99 wrote:

It's really not a big deal because I'd already 100%'d all 6 of these 3D Classics games and will probably never ever revisit them...

You can 100% Urban Champion? One day I felt like torturing myself so I got to like Round 54 and I just stopped because I didn't see an end in sight.

Likewise with Xevious and Twinbee. There's an end to those games?

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

bezerker99

MetallicDonkey wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

It's really not a big deal because I'd already 100%'d all 6 of these 3D Classics games and will probably never ever revisit them...

You can 100% Urban Champion? One day I felt like torturing myself so I got to like Round 54 and I just stopped because I didn't see an end in sight.

Likewise with Xevious and Twinbee. There's an end to those games?

Round 56 makes you Urban Champion. It's the highest rank in the game and thus, at that point, is when I called it 100%'d.

Xevious has 16 levels that you scroll through. Once you complete all 16 levels, they begin to loop starting at Level 7.

TwinBee has six levels that loop indefinitely.

I guess what I'm getting at is for games that go on forever, whenever they start to loop/repeat is when I consider them 100% completed.

Edited on by bezerker99

Klimbatize

Well crap, I know I quit around Round 54. I only needed two more to get the title of Urban Champion? sonofa...

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

bezerker99

MetallicDonkey wrote:

Well crap, I know I quit around Round 54. I only needed two more to get the title of Urban Champion? sonofa...

Urban Champion is achieved at Level 56. However, the game goes all the way to Level 99 - no higher.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.