Forums

Topic: 3DS Black Screen Error Tests

Posts 81 to 97 of 97

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Turning off WiFi appears to reduce how often it happens. But someone did post that they'd had a BSOD with WiFi off. So it doesn't completely eliminate the problem.

I can't find the post...might not have been on this forum. I'm certain I read it somewhere, though.

Edited on by Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

GMo4824

Just bought Ghost Recon....
6 BSODs in the last hour of trying to play it. Totally Lame. Never had a BSOD problem till this week now it happens with LEGO Star Wars as well.

GMo4824

GMo4824

oh it also happened while i tried to play music off the sd card

GMo4824

GMo4824

oh it also happened while i tried to play music off the sd card

GMo4824

GMo4824

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote:

Wow, if Nintendo still thinks the 3DS needs to be repaired to fix this problem...wow. That either means they still haven't figured out what's actually causing the problem or it's a manufacturing problem, not a firmware bug which can be fixed with a firmware update. Neither of those possibilities is pretty.

They made a statement that the failure rate of 3DS is lower than their average failure rates. So maybe the "repair" is just sending you back a brand new one with a warranty and rolling the dice that you don't get another bad one

GMo4824

Waxedfloss76

ive had 3DS for 2 months: first error screen tonight. on face raiders.

Waxedfloss76

romulux

i've had it happen twice and i don't even have a single game yet. it happened when booting up either the camera or data log and i think wifi was on. i definitely don't think it's game dependent.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Oracle144

I got my 3DS 2 days ago, and I had a BSOD error the first day I got it. Scary! It only happened during Rayman 3D after an hour or so of play. The next day, it happened again. Playing with the wi-fi turned off seems to help. I haven't had an error yet, and I've played a few more hours. I'm going to try the static IP thing and see if I get an error afterwards.

Summary: North American (Canada), Rayman 3d, wi-fi on.

If a static IP doesn't fix it, I'll wait for the next update and see if nintendo fixes it. If not, I'm taking it back for a replacement and hoping the new one doesn't do the same.

I really hope it's just a firmware thing that'll be fixed soon. I don't want to be stuck with a defective machine.

Oracle144

DarkLloyd

i think it could just be the update thing but i dont play it everyday and i dont have the update so it could just be the unfortunate select individual problems group together or something idk either way i wont know for sure till i get that eshop update first then start playing some games after

DarkLloyd

warioswoods

So, now I've been playing yet another new (and 3rd party) game, DoA Dimensions, and still not a single BSOD.

• I have Wifi enabled at all times
  • I have StreetPass enabled at all times
  • I never turn off the system (just sleep and leave it on charger, etc)
  • I carry it with me all the time
  • I have music and pictures on the SD card
  • my 2 third-party games are SSFIV and DoA

Not a single BSOD, ever. So, what's the deal?

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Retro_on_theGo

warioswoods wrote:

So, now I've been playing yet another new (and 3rd party) game, DoA Dimensions, and still not a single BSOD.

Same with me. I haven't had a BSOD and I do the same with my 3DS. Other then leave wifi and the system itself on at all times.(doesn't that harm the battery's life in the long run?) I do have Wifi on for long periods of time though.

Arcanum

warioswoods wrote:

This, but I do not have SSFIV. And I too would like to ask: Does anyone know if leaving the 3DS on at all times will harm it in any way??

Edited on by Arcanum

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

Ernest_The_Crab

Apollo wrote:

My DS lite has never froze once and I've been using it for three years.

Has anyone not got the BSOD screen while playing Ghost Recon?

I've played Ghost Recon for a couple of hours with both Street Pass and Wifi on. No problems here. The system is also up to date with its patches. It could be that there's a mix of hardware and software problems. Of course that would be much worse than just one of the two though...

Does anyone know if this problem occurs when playing a DS game? If it doesn't, the problem could be isolated to software/firmware itself.

My Backlog | http://www.backloggery.com/thesolarknight

Friend Safari: Espurr, Munna, Duosion

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7515-3526 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePillowGolem

warioswoods

Have any of you gotten this error without an SD card inserted?

I keep thinking that a likely cause could be corruption or incorrect formatting on the SD card, which nearly all games on the system actually do use, believe it or not, for different save data. Various reports online, just from users here and there, are promising that a clean reformat of the SD card fixed the error, more reliably than turning off WiFi seems to help.

Anyhow, I'm just really curious; I almost wish I did have the error just to investigate (I said almost ).

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

art_kevinc

For a while now Ghost Recon shadow wars hasn't had an error since an update a while ago on my 3ds. But not long ago I have traded my 3ds for a 3ds xl and now i get these errors. Although they are different. They're not BSOD but pause for a moment and returns to the main menu with the error message. Anyone experience this with 3ds xl?

3DS FC: 0173-1318-0187

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.