Forums

Topic: 3DS and University wifi (WPA2)

Posts 21 to 24 of 24

Ed_Rod

bummer normally i use wpa2 with my ios device and it prompts for my user and password for the domain. not with the 3ds though.

Ed_Rod

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0113-1052 | Nintendo Network ID: Ed_Rod | Twitter:

jinrf

theblackdragon wrote:

it does support WPA2. it apparently does not fully support extra security methods appended to networks using WPA2. for the third and final time, I'm not saying it's not an issue or that Nintendo shouldn't look into it, i'm saying that the problem is not on Nintendo's side at the moment — they haven't lied (as StarDust suggested by c/p-ing manual text and bolding the relevant parts) when they printed in their manuals that the 3DS works with WPA2, because it does. it's the extra stuff the universities/big corporations are apparently using that is not (yet) supported.

Those are not add-on feature of WPA2, it is the standard called WPA2 Enterprise. The one without username required is called WPA2 Personal.
If Nintendo claims fully support WPA2, then it should support both. It's not about add-on or extra feature!
Btw, PS Vita doesn't support WPA2 Enterprise as well, though they promise to release an update soon.

jinrf

MourningBrew

Kind of frustrating to have my system off the campus wifi, but I guess it'll keep me focused. Still, this should be a feature. It's pretty standard on modern tech, and could easily be added in an update.

MourningBrew

Octane

This thread should've been locked four years ago! Two necroposts in one thread, can't let that happen!

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.