3DS Forum

Topic: 3DS 3D movie market..... Go Portable ??

Showing 1 to 19 of 19

AuthorMessage
Avatar

autam1

1. Posted:

Will 3rd party develop a 3D movie market for 3DS ??

autam1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roopa132

2. Posted:

If I understand correctly you want to know wether a 3rd party will make an online movie shop for the 3DS?
I hardly think so. If there is going to be one then it would be definitely by Nintendo.
But I think the movies will come one cartridges simply because I don't think Nintendo will put enough memory in the 3DS that you can download a bunch of movies on it.

Probably getting a Vita with LBP soon...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

y2josh

3. Posted:

My Pachter senses are tingling.. Yes!

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage
Avatar

autam1

4. Posted:

For example like netflix or somthing like that .. LOL !!

autam1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveBoy

5. Posted:

I smell downloads.
As for me, I'd definitly buy a few just for the 3D effect aside from being portable. Avatar definitly comes to mind hehe. But screw that Post-conversion 3D. Avatar and now Resident Evil: After life are TRUE 3D films for ex.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

6. Posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix jumped on this, since you can already stream Netflix movies on your Wii. They also had a survey asking about movie service on the DS, so that seems most likely. It could either be a movie downloaded from your Wii, or streamed directly to the 3DS with Wifi (depending on how beefed up the online is this could be possible, I assume)

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

7. Posted:

Token+Girl wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix jumped on this, since you can already stream Netflix movies on your Wii. They also had a survey asking about movie service on the DS, so that seems most likely. It could either be a movie downloaded from your Wii, or streamed directly to the 3DS with Wifi (depending on how beefed up the online is this could be possible, I assume)

Yeah, chances are Nintendo will decide on whether or not to do this and if they decide to do so they'll ask Netflix to handle the actual store, since I haven't heard anything negative on the Wii's Netflix service (except for "it isn't HD").

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

autam1

8. Posted:

Birdman13 wrote:

Token+Girl wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix jumped on this, since you can already stream Netflix movies on your Wii. They also had a survey asking about movie service on the DS, so that seems most likely. It could either be a movie downloaded from your Wii, or streamed directly to the 3DS with Wifi (depending on how beefed up the online is this could be possible, I assume)

+ HD used too much internet on the go high speed connecttivity isn't available yet .... :(

Yeah, chances are Nintendo will decide on whether or not to do this and if they decide to do so they'll ask Netflix to handle the actual store, since I haven't heard anything negative on the Wii's Netflix service (except for "it isn't HD").

autam1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HueyPNewton

9. Posted:

Whatever happens, it will be interesting to see how it pans out, and hopefully at the very least we will be able to watch movies offf of memory sticks/sd cards ect.

Is there a slot on the 3ds for cards? Theres gotta be right?

To each his own.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

autam1

10. Posted:

@HueyPNewton : Yes there is ....... but this time is on the left bottom corner instead on the right ......
They should make one of those 3DS organizer on the computer ..... so it won't get hacked by others ... ( piracy cough** cough** ) and it kinda restrict anonymous data to get into the machine/SD card .....

autam1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

11. Posted:

well GBA had video content on cart, and with the supposed huge cart capacity of 3DS, it has to be at least technically possible for movies, though PSP didn't seem to have much luck in the movies field.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Radbot42

12. Posted:

I don't think that the movies will be that popular, but if the 3ds can replicate the feel of reald then I may consider getting coraline and how to train your dragon. Those were my favorite 3d movies and it saddens me that reald cannot be seen at home.

Radbot42

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordJumpMad

13. Posted:

Reala wrote:

well GBA had video content on cart, and with the supposed huge cart capacity of 3DS, it has to be at least technically possible for movies, though PSP didn't seem to have much luck in the movies field.

I don't want the 3DS to end up like the PSP.
It did have alot Movies, be it really did't help it, and it was a waste.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

14. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Reala wrote:

well GBA had video content on cart, and with the supposed huge cart capacity of 3DS, it has to be at least technically possible for movies, though PSP didn't seem to have much luck in the movies field.

I don't want the 3DS to end up like the PSP.
It did have alot Movies, be it really did't help it, and it was a waste.

You can always ignore that feature and not get any of the movies if this feature is offered. No company is forcing you to buy these things, just highly encouraging you to.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

autam1

15. Posted:

Yess agree with birdman !!! woott !!

autam1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

16. Posted:

I want cartridge based film releases. I can't use Netflix because I don't have a credit card...

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

autam1

17. Posted:

Yow twiilight V what region you play for MH3 ?? + get one then man ..... cozz you need one for the 3DS ware or something called bal bla bla ....

autam1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klapaucius

18. Posted:

Nintendo actually said themselves at E3 that it is perfect for watching 3D films.

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage
Avatar

madgear

19. Posted:

I think I can say absolutely 100% we will see at least one 3D film on the 3DS - I'm pretty certain Avatar will be playable on it at some point. It's the highest grossing film of all time, shot in real 3D and the only way to see it that way at the moment is at the cinema. 3D TVs are expensive and there's the inconvenience of glasses - if everyone has a much cheaper handheld 3D device with a beautiful clear screen that doesn't require glasses then it'd be insane not to realease at least that film on that platform.

I can't see the DS getting its own movie platform - like some have said, it didn't take off on the PSP. I can see us getting the odd 3D film release, however - they'll most probably just come on standard 3DS cartridges as I'm sure they hold enough space. Maybe we'll get something like Avatar the game with the movie included. We'll just have to wait and see but it will happen at some point.

madgear