Showing 1 to 15 of 15
1. Posted: Thu 15th Jul 2010 17:59 BST
1. Will I be able to buy a 3DS game and play it on my DS?
2. Does anybody else remember the final stage in the NES Kid Icarus? I remmeber that the whole game was like climbing up a mountain eg Ice Climber with 1 screen modes eg Super Mario Bros underground areas through pipes. But when I finally reached the Final Stage, where I faced Medusa, they changed everything. Icarus' sprite got slightly larger and he was flying and it became more like side scroller shootemup. eg R-Type or Life Force.
which brings me to wonder if they will do something like that for this game. You play and the whole game feels like Sin and Punishment, but the final stage is more like Mario Galaxy..
In case you people havent a clue what im talking about here is a video of basic gameplay and the second video is the final stage of Kid Icaurs for NES:
2. Posted: Thu 15th Jul 2010 18:03 BST
3DS games dont work on normal DS it is like GBC Games on the GameBoy
Digitaloggery3DS FC: Otaku1WiiU: 013017970991Nintendo of Japanniconico community is full of kawaii!Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this yearWelcome to my emassary of...
3. Posted: Thu 15th Jul 2010 18:08 BST
thanks.. Another thought.. how about releasing virtual boy games on the 3DSWare service.. if they do that..
and why isnt it called the 3DSi? are they not going to keep the DSiWare service on this system?
4. Posted: Thu 15th Jul 2010 18:10 BST
The 3DS is entirely new hardware for the 8th generation of video games, so no, games will not be compatible with normal DS models.
Games I'm Looking Foward To Most -
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward SwordOkamidenGolden Sun: Dark DawnKid Icarus Uprising
5. Posted: Thu 15th Jul 2010 18:17 BST
I just noticed how clever the title naming for Kid Icarus is...at first i was thinking that it was too serious for a comical hero.. but take a look at this:
Kid Icarus : Uprisingfirst thought when i hear uprising is like a riot or mutiny.but, then, i remember the gameplay and even icarus' story line. its about going UP on Mt Olympus. So, he is LITERALLY rising UP... haha did anybody else catch this?
6. Posted: Fri 16th Jul 2010 06:09 BST
I just noticed how clever the title naming for Kid Icarus is...at first i was thinking that it was too serious for a comical hero.. but take a look at this:Kid Icarus : Uprisingfirst thought when i hear uprising is like a riot or mutiny.but, then, i remember the gameplay and even icarus' story line. its about going UP on Mt Olympus. So, he is LITERALLY rising UP... haha did anybody else catch this?
That and "uprising" could also be a play on the 3D effect.
And I would LOVE to see VB games come out on 3DS. Perhaps, if they don't have a 3DSWare service, just a game that compiles all, like, 9 or whatever VB games.
The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.
7. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 05:05 BST
There's a picture of a 3DS Game Card from E3 which showed that there's a little extra bit of plastic on the end to prevent people from inserting it into a DS/DSi sytem.
Sylver's Edge on YT | Sylver's Edge: The Developer's Portfolio | Sylver's Edge itch.io Gallery | Sylverloggery
"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter: Sylverstone14
8. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 05:19 BST
Ditto.I do wonder what would happen if someone cut that off, then what would it do to the DS/i?
Edited on Wed 21st July, 2010 @ 05:20 by Funky_Gamer
"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk HawkFNS: Y B L R R R B >
9. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 05:21 BST
Yea Sylvesterstone is right, and Funky you know someone is probably going to try it, then put it on youtube.
To each his own.
10. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 10:40 BST
@Toonlink97 - 8th generation, eh? I like that!@Funky_Gamer - You'd probably end up with a smoking console. Or damaged DS software.
By the way, DSiWare is being replaced by 3DSWare, which does indeed explain the lack of a certain 'i'.
Edited on Wed 21st July, 2010 @ 10:40 by Phobos
My 3DS Blog | YouTube ChannelCUAF - Administrator/Chef/Logo Creator
SMEXAIZELDAMAN's Official Undercover Assassin
11. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 10:43 BST
1. No, 3DS games will not work on a DS, you won't be able to even put a 3DS cartridge on a regular DS since Nintendo refined the structure of game cards specifically for the 3DS.
2. Unfortunately, haven't played any Kid Icarus game yet so when i purchase a 3DS hopefully, soon.Uprising would be my first.
It's all fun and games.Chat on Nintendo Life.Follow me on Twitter, it's totally free.
12. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 10:45 BST
2. Unfortunately, haven't played any Kid Icarus game yet so when i purchase a 3DS hopefully, soon. Uprising would be my first.
Same with me.
13. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 10:47 BST
@Otaku - that actually isn't the best example since a lot of GBC games were made backwards-compatible, a-la Dragon Warrior 1 & 2, Dragon Warrior Monsters, and Zelda DX to name a few.
Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us
14. Posted: Wed 21st Jul 2010 11:06 BST
@GameLord008 - I would love to play it in 3D!
15. Posted: Thu 22nd Jul 2010 02:20 BST
Sylverstone wrote:There's a picture of a 3DS Game Card from E3 which showed that there's a little extra bit of plastic on the end to prevent people from inserting it into a DS/DSi sytem.Ditto.I do wonder what would happen if someone cut that off, then what would it do to the DS/i?
The system would explode into a million pieces.
In all seriousness, I don't think it will come up on the DS Menu if you put a 3DS Card in. Or it will show up but if you click on it it will tell you it's for 3DS only... and then yell at you for breaking off the plastic tab.
I'm pretty okay.
Formerly Destroyer360, Destroyer64, DestroyerInsertYourFavoriteRandomNumbersHere.
"Purple is a color." - Waluigi
Wait, quotes should be meaningful? Ugh, fine.
"I'm useless, but not for long. The future is coming on." - Gorillaz
Nintendo Network ID: ToastyYogurtTime