3DS Forum

Topic: 2013 the year for 3DS?

Showing 121 to 140 of 153

AuthorMessage

rayword45

121. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

The fact that an RPG failled IN JAPAN makes it extremly likely that it'll fail in the US. Either way, there've been several games that tanked and got sequels localized.

Am I saying something wrong?

No More Heroes tanked in Japan, but the publishers had enough balls to take a dive. And it worked. Localizing Japanese failures is a gamble, but some people take the dive. It's in no way a confirmed failure unless it's a Japanese culture-fest.

A game that failed in the US is a failure IN THE US.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

122. Posted:

For the record, Rocket Slime 3D did better than Project X Zone in Japan.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

123. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

The fact that an RPG failled IN JAPAN makes it extremly likely that it'll fail in the US. Either way, there've been several games that tanked and got sequels localized.

No More Heroes tanked in Japan, but the publishers had enough balls to take a dive. And it worked. Localizing Japanese failures is a gamble, but some people take the dive. It's in no way a confirmed failure unless it's a Japanese culture-fest.

Just because someone has enough balls to take a risk doesn't mean said risk will pay off. For all we know, No More Heroes was a fluke. The fact of the matter is that since Japan is the ONLY data we have to go on, an educated guess would lead you to believe that the game is most likely going to tank.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Emaan

124. Posted:

Now all we need is Bravely Default. :O

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

rayword45

125. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Just because someone has enough balls to take a risk doesn't mean said risk will pay off. For all we know, No More Heroes was a fluke. The fact of the matter is that since Japan is the ONLY data we have to go on, an educated guess would lead you to believe that the game is most likely going to tank.

Yes but that's all you can base it off of.

Say you really loved a game and wanted to localize it. Dismal failure in Japan, but there's a cult following (doesn't always follow through) in the US and Europe where nothing related to it was ever released. Some would say it's worth a shot if it's cheap.

Then take a game that you also want localized. The prequel was released in the US and it sold about 20 copies. Nobody would gamble with that.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

126. Posted:

Rocket Slime wouldn't be that expensive to loacalize. It's not like we're talking about an RPG here.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

rayword45

127. Posted:

Regardless of price to localization, I wouldn't be too optimistic about that based solely off of it's predecessor. But hey, who knows? We got unexpected sequels before.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

128. Posted:

I think as fans who care about this stuff, we should remember to tell people about this game when someone talks about how they like (insert series that's in this game here) or the genre of the game. That might help. Or it might not, I dunno. I don't want Namco being cool and nice to fans to be for nothing.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

129. Posted:

With Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Mario & Luigi, Mario Golf, a Donkey Kong Country remake, and Pokemon, yes it is. And there could be even more coming.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

130. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
Castlevania
Project X Zone
Pokemon X Y
Monster Hunter
Fire Emblem

DKCR 3D
M&L Dream Team
Mario Golf

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

131. Posted:

This is shaping up to be a great year...and it's only February! :)

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

Scollurio

132. Posted:

When I made this thread I didn't know about many things that are now upcoming, Im definitely sure, its the year of the 3DS, and next year will be the year of Wii U !

If everything is under control, you're not going fast enough...

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

133. Posted:

I can't seem to remember, was Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney confirmed for localization here in the U.S.?

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

134. Posted:

Isn't it wonderful how, while Nintendo could be making a 3DS game of F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby, Metroid or Zelda, we get

• A Mario + Luigi game
  • A Mario Golf game
  • A Mario vs. Donkey Kong game
  • A New Super Mario Bros. level pack

So much for giving Mario a break huh?
Oh sorry! I forgot. We got a Zelda community on Miiverse, because that's a thing right?

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

135. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

Isn't it wonderful how, while Nintendo could be making a 3DS game of F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby, Metroid or Zelda, we get

• A Mario + Luigi game
  • A Mario Golf game
  • A Mario vs. Donkey Kong game
  • A New Super Mario Bros. level pack

So much for giving Mario a break huh?
Oh sorry! I forgot. We got a Zelda community on Miiverse, because that's a thing right?

Hopefully those will be saved for e3

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

136. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I was hoping that we'd actually get those this year. Oh well - there's always 2014?

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

137. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I was hoping that we'd actually get those this year. Oh well - there's always 2014?

2014 will be year of the yoshi!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

138. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

2014 will be year of the yoshi!

That sadly wouldn't surprise me, judging by Luigi's involvement in his year. Having not released a Yoshi game for home consoles in ~14 years, 2014 seems like a great year to pretend they still care about the characters games. They're already releasing Yarn Yoshi, so now all they need to do is release a 'Yoshi themed' NSMB level pack and maybe feature him in Mario Golf and their job is done. -.-

Edited on by Geonjaha

AuthorMessage

rayword45

139. Posted:

How about a year of Wario? That would be sick. WarioWare, Wario Land, Wario and Mario revival, Waluigi finally gets a game.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

mario_mantic4

140. Posted:

im a little disappointed that they remade wind waker insted of the 2 choices that nintendo promised they were majoras or zelda snes ( i forget what it is called )

3DS friend code 3668 7256 4968

3DS Friend Code: 3668-7256-4968 | Nintendo Network ID: edogs64id