Forums

Topic: 2013 the year for 3DS?

Posts 121 to 140 of 147

rayword45

Regardless of price to localization, I wouldn't be too optimistic about that based solely off of it's predecessor. But hey, who knows? We got unexpected sequels before.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

I think as fans who care about this stuff, we should remember to tell people about this game when someone talks about how they like (insert series that's in this game here) or the genre of the game. That might help. Or it might not, I dunno. I don't want Namco being cool and nice to fans to be for nothing.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ClassicJetterz

This is shaping up to be a great year...and it's only February!

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Scollurio

When I made this thread I didn't know about many things that are now upcoming, Im definitely sure, its the year of the 3DS, and next year will be the year of Wii U !

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

I can't seem to remember, was Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney confirmed for localization here in the U.S.?

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Geonjaha

Isn't it wonderful how, while Nintendo could be making a 3DS game of F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby, Metroid or Zelda, we get

• A Mario + Luigi game
  • A Mario Golf game
  • A Mario vs. Donkey Kong game
  • A New Super Mario Bros. level pack

So much for giving Mario a break huh?
Oh sorry! I forgot. We got a Zelda community on Miiverse, because that's a thing right?

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CrimsonFire

Geonjaha wrote:

Isn't it wonderful how, while Nintendo could be making a 3DS game of F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby, Metroid or Zelda, we get

• A Mario + Luigi game
  • A Mario Golf game
  • A Mario vs. Donkey Kong game
  • A New Super Mario Bros. level pack

So much for giving Mario a break huh?
Oh sorry! I forgot. We got a Zelda community on Miiverse, because that's a thing right?

Hopefully those will be saved for e3

Geonjaha

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I was hoping that we'd actually get those this year. Oh well - there's always 2014?

Geonjaha

turtlelink

Geonjaha wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I was hoping that we'd actually get those this year. Oh well - there's always 2014?

2014 will be year of the yoshi!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Geonjaha

turtlelink wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

2014 will be year of the yoshi!

That sadly wouldn't surprise me, judging by Luigi's involvement in his year. Having not released a Yoshi game for home consoles in ~14 years, 2014 seems like a great year to pretend they still care about the characters games. They're already releasing Yarn Yoshi, so now all they need to do is release a 'Yoshi themed' NSMB level pack and maybe feature him in Mario Golf and their job is done. -.-

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

rayword45

How about a year of Wario? That would be sick. WarioWare, Wario Land, Wario and Mario revival, Waluigi finally gets a game.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

mario_mantic4

im a little disappointed that they remade wind waker insted of the 2 choices that nintendo promised they were majoras or zelda snes ( i forget what it is called )

3DS friend code 3668 7256 4968

3DS Friend Code: 3668-7256-4968 | Nintendo Network ID: edogs64id

Tsuchinoko

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I think as fans who care about this stuff, we should remember to tell people about this game when someone talks about how they like (insert series that's in this game here) or the genre of the game. That might help. Or it might not, I dunno. I don't want Namco being cool and nice to fans to be for nothing.

Don't count any of those game franchises (Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, or the others) out when it comes to getting new installments. Anyways, didn't Nintendo say that there would be several Zelda games in developments in the next fiscal year? I feel like we did get quite a few Kirby goodies recently too. I always thought because of the so-so reception of Other M, there would be a wait for a new Metroid since there's not a clear direction for the franchise.

Anyway, please support Namco, as I know (though I'm not going to name my source) that Namco is going through some hard times, and is actually seeking to downsize their international division. Less games are going to be localized outside of Japan because of recent games not doing so well, so please support them in any way that you can if you want future Namco produced games to be seen in your region.

I'm hoping for a lot more 3DS support. I knew by just looking at how the games market is, but here in Japan and in other countries that the WiiU wouldn't be an immediate hit. If it hits its stride later on who knows, but the 3DS is the big seller right now, especially in my country. I feel that Nintendo should really support the system that their fans are gravitating towards. Its very rare for me to take the train and not see a bunch of people playing in their 3DSs, and so many people here own one. There are so many good games currently out for it, and many more coming soon.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Romeo

pokemon65 wrote:

im a little disappointed that they remade wind waker insted of the 2 choices that nintendo promised they were majoras or zelda snes ( i forget what it is called )

well, they could still be making a MM remake for the 3ds, right? : )

Romeo

Tsuchinoko

Romeo wrote:

pokemon65 wrote:

well, they could still be making a MM remake for the 3ds, right? : )

Yeah, they never said that it was off the cards, and I was always under the impression that they were seriously considering it. Its so funny that anyone could be disappointed about a Wind Waker remake, the original is still tied with MM as my favourite Zelda game ever. Its beautiful, and the new screenshots are lucky. the Wind Waker remake and Pikmin 3 are the only things that are making me wish I was even considering getting a WiiU.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

SammyOfMobius

Looking at all the stuff they announced and Fire Emblem Awakening, yes this could be the year of 3DS.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

Ralizah

romulux wrote:

Scollurio wrote:

Don't you others think as well that things are coming a bit slow? I mean I don't want to be a nervous hater or anything, but to me it really feels like a drag waiting for the worthwile games.

I've been feeling the same lately, my 3DS has been sitting around with no reason to pick it up for months on end. Nintendo promised to keep a steady stream of games coming after the launch debacle but they're really failing it at the moment. Kid Icarus finished off the torrent of games from winter '11 and since then it's been NSMB2 only.

There has been a steady stream of great retail and download releases since late 2011. What you're saying just doesn't seem true to me.

Really. Virtue's Last Reward? Prof. Layton and the Miracle Mask? Paper Mario: Sticker Star? Crimson Shroud? Crashmo? Tons of great VC stuff? And that's only a small portion of the software that has been out since that time.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

Tsuchinoko wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

thank you for ignoring how I was clearly talking about Project X Zone

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.