Forums

Topic: 10,000,000 Coins on New Super Mario Bros 2

Posts 1 to 20 of 36

BlueToad

Hey guys,Just found a video that shows what happens when you get 10 000 000 coins on New super mario bros 2.It is quite disappointing, like getting 1 million was, but it's there...

Edited on by BlueToad

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179
Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122
Australian :)

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1202-1179 | Nintendo Network ID: fpjc122 | Twitter:

Eldir

I can't see video, what happens when you get 1 million, and 10 000 000?

I am Eldír, Lord of the Elves.

The untold legend, the Star in the night sky, tales of myth and legend of glory and honor. But you, are a friend and no matter what, I will protect you!

Now tell me, who are you...Friend?

Geonjaha

Spoiler You get the honour of being able to set your gazes upon an entirely new screen for the title. /spoiler

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

SirSmugleaf

Yeah that was lame!

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

BlueToad

Hahaha exactly. How stupid? And, for 10 million, it says something like "Wow! You're so good, our counter can't count up how many coins you have collected."
Wow, how exciting.
Leave a reply saying what you think that the 1 or 10 million reward should be
I personally think this should be the reward, as with many other people
Untitled

_zoipi

Even more lame than the diploma you get for catching all in Pokémon.

_zoipi

Twitter:

SirSmugleaf

I think that it should be something so great that it really motivates people to get 10 million coins, meaning more people would play it more often, which would be a good idea for Nintendo to do. It should be more than simply bragging rights and a different title screen.
I think the reward should be something substantial, like:
-Being able to play as another character (maybe peach or bowser (even though that wouldn't really work) or maybe wario with wario land-like controls)
-It unlocks a new world (like 'world s' on many games). this world would need to be pretty good though...
-Giving access to a new powerup
-Or some huge acknowledgement in the game for the world to see

This all may seem crazy, but it would actually be smart, because it would motivate people to keep on playing.

Currently playing: Rhythm Heaven, Minecraft (XBLA), Pokemon B/W 2, Halo 4, The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave, Fallblox, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

Will be playing soon: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Cave Story +, Wii U: NSMBU, Nintendo Land, (And lots more!)

BlueToad

BayCraig100 wrote:

I think that it should be something so great that it really motivates people to get 10 million coins, meaning more people would play it more often, which would be a good idea for Nintendo to do. It should be more than simply bragging rights and a different title screen.I think the reward should be something substantial, like:-Being able to play as another character (maybe peach or bowser (even though that wouldn't really work) or maybe wario with wario land-like controls)-It unlocks a new world (like 'world s' on many games). this world would need to be pretty good though...-Giving access to a new powerup-Or some huge acknowledgement in the game for the world to see

This all may seem crazy, but it would actually be smart, because it would motivate people to keep on playing.

I actually love the idea of being able to play as Bowser, that would be so fun! Peach, I don't know how fun sitting in a cage would be.
I also like the powerup and the extra world.
If Nintendo had given a bit more thought into this game, it would really be a fantastic Mario game, but it is only great.

SirSmugleaf

I totally agree.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Lame. I haven't even bothered getting up to 1 million. This game sucks at rewarding players.

xBASSxMONSTAx

Eldir

↑True.

I am Eldír, Lord of the Elves.

The untold legend, the Star in the night sky, tales of myth and legend of glory and honor. But you, are a friend and no matter what, I will protect you!

Now tell me, who are you...Friend?

BlueToad

Yep.
And BTW, I don't even have the game yet, I may be getting it next month, but it's not a rush like 3D land was.
Maybe if the reward was a bit better, then people would actually play the game... derr Ninty!
Any other suggestions?

Geonjaha

Er...yes.
How about them not forgetting about the 30+ minigames included with NSMB that made it very fun in the first place. Most of my time spent on that game was doing multiplayer minigames, and gave me a reason to come back to it. NSMB2 is going to gather dust on the shelf because it left those out. They had a great opertunity to update those minigames and make some brilliant new ones - but instead they rushed to get the game out with only essential features. It's a good game, but Nintendo can do much better than this, and it's quite dissapointing.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

SirSmugleaf

Yeah, I forgot about those minigames that were in the first. I spent hours on the Luigi's gambling ones!
I wish they made a return here!

BlueToad

Oh My Goodness!! I forgot about this!!
Nintendo, include these suggestions as DLC and maybe people would buy your game!

SirSmugleaf

MarioTheLegend wrote:

Oh My Goodness!! I forgot about this!!Nintendo, include these suggestions as DLC and maybe people would buy your game!

Yeah! Great idea!
Nintendo did say that there was going to be DLC in the form of coin rush levels, but we have heard nothing about them except for the announcement that they're coming.

TheDreamingHawk

You do know they didn't have to give you anything, right? Stop complaning. It's like the Mario kart games' alternate titles when you beat the game. I think it's very cool myself.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

DeMoN-13ruce

MarioTheLegend wrote:

Yep.And BTW, I don't even have the game yet, I may be getting it next month, but it's not a rush like 3D land was.Maybe if the reward was a bit better, then people would actually play the game... derr Ninty!Any other suggestions?

you play the game for funnot for achievements or rewards own fault if you got 1 million or 10million JUST for a reward ifyou had fun doing it then thatsgreat if you did it against you own will then(bored and just playing for reward) ....fail

inb4 someone flames me

Edited on by DeMoN-13ruce

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0303-7697
Metal Gear Solid (rising etc)

Best game series i ever played:D

BIGG BOSS (Naked Snake) is my favorite game character of all time!

GANGNAM STYLE!!!

BlueToad

DeMoN-13ruce wrote:

MarioTheLegend wrote:

Yep.And BTW, I don't even have the game yet, I may be getting it next month, but it's not a rush like 3D land was.Maybe if the reward was a bit better, then people would actually play the game... derr Ninty!Any other suggestions?

you play the game for funnot for achievements or rewards own fault if you got 1 million or 10million JUST for a reward ifyou had fun doing it then thatsgreat if you did it against you own will then(bored and just playing for reward) ....fail

inb4 someone flames me

Okay. I have two things to say to this reply.
1. That it doesn't make any sense, whatsoever
2. If Nintendo are going to advertise getting 1 million coins, then they should make some sort of reward now, shouldn't they...?

Hokori

Ok so there is a reward for maxing out the coin total, I have a new objective now.... Even if it is sorta a lame reward

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.